Found Deceased UK - Nicola Bulley Last Seen Walking Dog Near River - St Michaels on Wyre (Lancashire) #14

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes I wonder why the police have referred themselves and not the health professionals? Especially if it was related to welfare?
Probably standard procedure in circumstances like this, to make sure nothing they did on Jan 10 could have been done differently or prevented NB's disappearance.

Yes I wonder why the police have referred themselves and not the health professionals? Especially if it was related to welfare? What happened to NB that warranted an investigation in the first place and now the police referring themselves?
They may well have- why would it be released to the public? It may come out in the wash later on when an investigation has been completed- but assuming they haven’t done something just because it’s not in the press won’t necessarily be true.

Probably standard procedure in circumstances like this, to make sure nothing they did on Jan 10 could have been done differently or prevented NB's disappearance.
Yea standard procedure but perhaps should have been done before? But that would have alerted the media to a previous police and welfare visit to the house.

Perhaps if NB had been taken into hospital that night this whole thing could have been avoided.

According to BBC News:

"Meanwhile, it confirmed social media influencer Dan Duffy has been fined after joining the search for the missing mother.

The 36-year-old posted a video of himself being arrested by police on his YouTube channel.

Police said he was handed a fixed penalty notice under section 4 of the Public Order Act - fear or provocation of violence."
Nicola Bulley family wants end to public speculation

PA mentioned that everything was organised the morning she went missing.
Could she have packed things in the car that he had no knowledge of to help her leave maybe? I know a bag hasn’t been mentioned but maybe items could have been put in pockets as she did have 2 coats on. Just a thought. JMO
I wondered about that very possibility this morning. A small bag concealed in the car, perhaps?

This would make more sense if NB had been the victim of the DV (if that was what the report was for but we are obviously not privy to the details). The other way round, I can’t see why it would have made any difference. Does that make sense? IMO.

So I run a menopause support group on social media. Have done for some years. I also work for the NHSfor my sins and there’s moves underfoot to have menopause checks put in as a health recall like an over 40s medical. These can’t come soon enough in my opinion, especially if they want women to stay in the workforce until 67. More awareness and treatment instead of letting a woman become a shell of herself by the time she’s through peri menopause.

<modsnip: quoted post removed>
Paul continued: "The only difference on that morning two weeks ago was that there wasn't a lot of rushing. I came down and a lot of stuff was already done. "

"The girls were having their breakfast and everything was pretty much ready to go. I came down, Nikki went upstairs to get ready.

"The routine is basically if Nikki is taking the girls and Willow, when I hear her come down, I'll get them in the car.

"It’s a well-oiled machine normally. And if it's my job usually the roles were reversed."

Last edited by a moderator:
I was prescribed HRT and it was horrendous. I had excruciating headaches that were actually quite frightening. I’ve never had headaches nearly as bad as this. It also made me ridiculously hormonal. I was crying every 5 minutes, had literally no patience and howled when I dropped a glass and it broke. I had what felt like really bad period pains and was all over the place. It was so horrendous, I stopped taking them and went cold turkey. I felt like I was being poisoned. I was so low.

At this point I should mention that I have rapid cycling bipolar II. I know about feeling low, I know about feeling suicidal. It took me to a very bad place. It was only my knowledge and self awareness of my mental health that got me through. I realised what was happening and had to keep telling myself this was about the meds and i would be ok.

There’s so much on tv, in magazines and on tv about HRT and how it’s amazing and the cure to all menopausal symptoms. I believed all the claims made and how life changing it would be. I almost felt obliged to take it. When it made me feel ill, I felt that I had failed. Why would it be so great for everyone but me?

It seemed to be ages until I got it out of my system, and obviously I still had all the menopausal symptoms. This was a few months ago and I should have spoken to my GP about it. But I had pushed for it and was embarrassed by failing and scared to try something else, in case I had similar problems. It’s also a nightmare trying to get an appointment, so I just plod on.

Apologies for rambling, but I can understand how overwhelmed she felt. When our head turns against us, it’s devastating. No-one on earth can hurt us more than ourselves.

This would make more sense if NB had been the victim of the DV (we are obviously not privy to the details). The other way round, I can’t see why it would have made any difference. Does that make sense? IMO.
It makes sense, but let's say NB's mental health problems resulted in her suicide and the police could have prevented it by doing something differently during the welfare check on Jan 10. That's the kind of thing the IOPC would likely be investigating.

I wonder what DW who did the interview and documentary is thinking now. The LP did not participate or have any part in it. In some ways, the interview added more speculation by the public. I do think that LP (and possibly others who did not take part in it) did not agree with the decision for the interview on TV. Could LP have felt that these types of televised interviews and documentaries would continue and could it have been a factor in their decision to issue more details than they normally would when they did the next press conference after DW’s programme had taken place?

I know posting links from YouTube isn’t allowed but the Telegraph has the full transcript of the Press conference yesterday and in my opinion at 33:56 it is said- I have to point out the dog could have got out of there..
Hole in the fence

I wondered about that very possibility this morning. A small bag concealed in the car, perhaps?
Yes, possibly. PA also knew what time she would usually get back. Going off the time she went missing that would give her an hour approximately to leave the area.
I’m starting to lean towards her leaving now. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member