Found Deceased UK - Nicola Bulley Last Seen Walking Dog Near River - St Michaels on Wyre (Lancashire) #14

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Unless there is obvious abuse, children aren't taken off parents that quickly. Parents are given lots of chances to improve their behaviour
As a mother the first thing I’d think when I hear “social services” would be my child is being took off me.

MOO I’m not used to these services as I’m pretty sure Nicola wasn’t - mothers instinct you think the worst especially when you aren’t used to this scrutiny

It's not happening in every area, but there is a drive to have more targeted support for MH related 999/111 calls. So a 'mini team' visit in a paramedic car, who can assess, signpost, refer etc rather than just conveying distressed person to a&e to wait for assessment.
Sounds like a more supportive service certainly

I don't know.
My imagination told methat they may have received a phone call from their superiors telling them to disclose the information as it would fuel speculation otherwise.
She remains a missing person and, in the event she could possibly be holed up somewhere battling her demons, perhaps a directed and sympathetically worded media appeal to her that people are on hand willing and waiting to offer her as much help and support she might need

Unless there is obvious abuse, children aren't taken off parents that quickly. Parents are given lots of chances to improve their behaviour
In practice this 100% - if any concern for the kids they go to foster care straight away even if it’s for a few days. Wouldn’t be left alone with the kids to drive them around etc.
would start with early help and other social services support focussed on family.
Does anybody know how long NBs parents have been local, as opposed to Essex? Could their move be related to supporting the family through some tough times?

Wow I’m actually quite surprised at how much info they’ve released today. I’m shocked they went into detail. They must be pretty sure imo that she’s in the river and not elsewhere (left of her own accord) and is still alive somewhere or else I doubt they’d reveal this information because it’s very personal… and certainly wouldn’t make her want to come home.

Not really sure what else to add… but it does seem like this was intentional since Paul mentioned everything being more organised that day. This is just so sad for all of her family and it’s possible they’ll never know what actually happened that day.

Lots of speculation on here about a possible domestic assault on 10/01. The police went out on a concern for welfare call and state no one was arrested. Had there been DV involved there would have been an arrest that day. I work for a police force and that is routine for a DA case. The fact there wasn’t means it was genuinely a concern for welfare/MH episode/suicide attempt. A PPN (safeguarding) referral would have been done at the scene which gets sent to GP, school and CSD if children are involved.

I saw some wondering how PF believes this news would have changed his search strategy. SGI’s Facebook post has slightly more content than the Twitter post, and references ‘the sea’ as a possibility:

‘This new information disclosed today during the Lancashire Police press conference is an extremely important element that was not shared with my usually trusted team or I during my river search for Nicola. This would have changed my search strategy, opening up many more possibilities including the sea.

Our thoughts are with the family and friends at this difficult time.’

Facebook link

In light of the recent info re alcohol then the likelihood of an accident and her falling in the river seem now the most likely scenario imo. If she was under the influence and fell in then she would be a lot less likely to be able to save herself. Then my next thought is that maybe social services have become involved and she has jumped to the conclusion they will take the kids and she has decided everyone is better off without her and has gone off and is scared to return due to the media frenzy.

Imagine the feeling of uncertainty, for someone like nicola (an upstanding citizen), not knowing if she was facing charges or not (MOO) regarding whatever happened on the 10th. It would be anxiety inducing, and would probably push someone to drink even further, and sloop into a deeper depression. These are all JMO. But it definitely makes you wonder.
Begs the question if she is still out there, having intimate details of her personal life exposed could well tip her right over the edge

I think it is retrospective, so they started looking into her social media this morning so that’s why she’s been showing as online, LE started investigating her social media
No, the police officer, Becky was very clear in her wording.

She said: “Just to be clear on further digital enquiries, there is further work that we have been doing on NIcola’s social media this morning which might show NIcola has been online.”

The police officer is saying that digital experts have discovered that Nichola may have been on social media since she disappeared.

This is such a sad situation.

Whatever the reality of Nicola’s disappearance - intentional act, medical episode leading to an accident, or whatever- she can’t have dreamt that it would blow up the way it did.

As a previous poster said, hopefully something positive will result in terms of better understanding and support of menopause and the issues it can cause, and the same of alcoholism.

How very sad for Nicola and her family.

I think they probably wanted to help the family control the narrative that was put out. I mean the photos the daily Mail have managed to get hold of so quickly, this was probably known about for a while.
Yes and this coinciding with LE suspending(?) NB's Facebook posts this afternoon makes sense. ( as you say, it looks like the Mail might have been ready with the photos, before LE shuttered the FB account to stop that happening)
Plus MWT already having said that he was heading up to St Michael's this week to do a NB television 'special'

the TV production, tweet from 3 days earlier:

Last edited:
With regards to the police incident on the 10th, a member of the safeguarding team at the school should have been informed through Operation Encompass. There may well have been other consequences too, such as social services involvement, and I would imagine many people know about the alcohol issues, IMO.

On another note, as a 40-something woman, I am very uncomfortable with them releasing such personal information. It's not going to help them find her three weeks later. It's not going to help her daughters. They could have said she was "vulnerable" from the very beginning and left it at that.

Can someone remind me what was said at the presser about timescale for withdrawing some manpower on this case please ? Did he say he’d review again this week or after the end of the week ? Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member