Found Deceased UK - Nicola Bulley Last Seen Walking Dog Near River - St Michaels on Wyre (Lancashire) #14

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
As a result of those issues, a response car staffed by both police and health professionals attended a report of concern for welfare at Nicola’s home address on January 10 th. No one has been arrested in relation to this incident, but it is being investigated.
I feel so sorry for the girls. IMO, if they were there when whatever happened on the 10th, it could have been extremely upsetting and frightening for them. Given the Police have said today she had vulnerabilities and they deemed her high risk, I wonder if the girls would have been questioned by Police family liaison officers after any of the incidents prior to her going missing.

I have a technician question which is general so I hope I can ask on here .

In autopsy cases can they detect alcohol levels in the system after a relatively long time in water ?

Thanks
That was on the Royal College of Pathology pdfs but I cannot recall exactly what they said.
They do tox screening as standard in drownings or ' body recovery from water' but there was something about the problem of advance decomp. & tox tests ( Google will bring it up)

Last edited:
<modsnip - quoted post and response to it removed> Would have been a quick abduction to abduct somebody within about twenty minutes. i am however certain that foul play has occurred in this matter, but somebody she either was acquainted to or a stranger who had been stalking her for some time and knows the area well.

Somebody that will have had to lure her away and knew they had little time to do it in. Dog already off harness/lead at the time and phone advised to be left on the bench to avoid tracking
Whilst I remain open to all possibilities in the absence of evidence, I have to say your aspects of your theory have been uppermost in my mind. I'm really sad to hear this release of NB's personal struggles, I can't help but feel it's inappropriate information for the world to be privy to about a woman who when all's said and done is still missing. Surely it may also elevate the potential that she could have been even more vulnerable if she was confronted during her walk and some altercation took place? What might for most be a disagreement, it could potentially escalate into a situation she could not handle in the moment

If there is a threat of suicide and they may potentially need a temp/psych hold then the police have to turn up with the paramedics. Police are the only people who can enact and detain and remove anyone's liberty in this country.
I thought it was a Mental health officer who would section, police presence incase there is resistance

thank you for your input. (Love it when we get some experts on, cause I don't know enough about how these procedures work. We had a couple of paramedics on earlier, but their posts are way back on the last thread somewhere but one of them gave us an example of Leicester's ' triage car'. Link attached. )

The link

We have something similar where I am based (near Bristol) and a specific team of mental health professionals drive out to assist the police if they have concerns regarding someone's mental health. Usually they conduct an assessment (not the same thing as a full blown mental health assessment) and will determine how best to support the person. In my experience if the person is deemed to have capacity or not considered to be an immediate threat to themselves or others, then it's quite rare that any further action will be taken other than encouraging them to see the GP and signposting to community services.

The other thing worth noting (and I don't know if it's the same in Lancashire) is that mental health services are often very reluctant to offer support to people with addiction issues. Where I live they generally take the stance that they won't take people on until they have already got some control over their addiction and engaged with drug and alcohol services. This is quite a controversial stance but it's possible that her issues with alcohol were the reason why things weren't escalated by health professionals once they were aware of the situation. Pure speculation of course.

In the last thread, a few posters shared the notion that LP released the nature of the ' specific vulnerabilities ' because somebody from the press had already been ' tipped off'

I notice that MWT tweets were posted on the last thread.

This tweet might be at the root of why they later went into detail? What do you think? Is it plausible? He seems to be saying that his own actions brought further disclosure from LP

He writes in such a weird way, I struggle to understand what he means sometimes.

I think there were multiple people/agencies in the know to be honest. He was just one of many that forced their hand IMO.

In the last thread, a few posters shared the notion that LP released the nature of the ' specific vulnerabilities ' because somebody from the press had already been ' tipped off'

I notice that MWT tweets were posted on the last thread.

This tweet might be at the root of why they later went into detail? What do you think? Is it plausible? He seems to be saying that his own actions brought further disclosure from LP

I don't know.
My imagination told methat they may have received a phone call from their superiors telling them to disclose the information as it would fuel speculation otherwise.

I’ve rewatched the police conference several times via Sky - the lady in charge of the investigation should’ve been put infront of the camera weeks ago - she was clear, straight to the point and respectful.

If the partner and friends knew of her struggles I’m disappointed in them for actively looking for media coverage without telling the full story that they’ve told the police - the police are looking at one main hypothesis due to Nicolas struggles

Yeah mental health social worker or mental health nurse could be with the police as well as potentially a paramedic.
I have to say, I think that's unlikely. It will be police or paramedics that turn up, then a referral to the services, if deemed necessary. I have a bit of experience in this area, though not in Lancashire.

I thought it was a Mental health officer who would section, police presence incase there is resistance

The police have the power to section someone and detain them in a 'place of safety' for up to 24 hours (and they can extend this by 12 hours). A mental health assessment will take place before the person can be discharged.

The police can do this if:

• you appear to have a mental disorder, AND
  • are being ill-treated or neglected, or
  • are unable to look after yourself.
  • you are in any place other than a house, flat or room where a person is living, or garden or garage that only one household has access to, AND
  • you are "in need of immediate care or control" (meaning the police think it is necessary to keep you or others safe).
I guess that if NB wasn't sectioned it would suggest that she didn't fall into one of these categories.

Last edited:
I don't know.
My imagination told methat they may have received a phone call from their superiors telling them to disclose the information as it would fuel speculation otherwise.
It's ironic then because LP are getting a pasting for revealing the nature of her ' vulnerabilities' atm but it might actually have been MWT /ANOther who forced their hand

Imagine the feeling of uncertainty, for someone like nicola (an upstanding citizen), not knowing if she was facing charges or not (MOO) regarding whatever happened on the 10th. It would be anxiety inducing, and would probably push someone to drink even further, and sloop into a deeper depression. These are all JMO. But it definitely makes you wonder.

Does anyone know the criteria for a police force referring themselves to the Independent Office for Police Conduct for death following a police contact? Would the 10th Jan incident be covered in this if she died on the 27th? Normally police forces are very quick to say they've referred themselves, IMO, so it's strange they haven't added this caveat to the press release about the 10th unless they actually need a body?

How did the Police describe the Teams meeting today during the press conference - did they say it was an informative session? Does anyone think that the Teams meeting could have been related to ongoing personal issues that could impact her position in the company?
They didn't really say too much about it unfortunately

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member