Found Deceased UK - Nicola Bulley Last Seen Walking Dog Near River - St Michaels on Wyre (Lancashire) #15

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If you think about a police car or ambulance turning up in your road, everyone knows about it. And I don’t live in a little village like Inskip.
Sorry I know FB is basically hearsay but seems to be reasonably common knowledge and that seems pretty obvious if you imagine it in your own life. JMO
Yes, but someone knew the actual medical details. Granted, this could have been found out by a neighbour and they were the press source.
But it doesn't explain why Lancs constab did a 180 u-turn, right after stating they weren't going to disclose the 'vulnerabilities', lots of flip flopping.

It's very odd, the only justification I can think of, as to why they could legitimately release this information is if they believe there's a risk of harm to NB. So they believe she is somewhere contemplating her next move, someone knows where she is, assisting her and they're putting media pressure on her or her accomplice to come forward.
JMO

The LE needn’t have revealed the bit about alcohol or menopause at all. If they felt they had to release something to protect PA, and possibly attending LE officers, from speculation if the 10th January thing was about to be reported on, then they could have simply said they considered her vulnerable due to her long term personal health issues. That would have been sufficient to express her vulnerability and that she is the victim here, right now. The alcohol and menopause info seems like it is out there to paint a picture of NB in advance of something coming out about the handling by LE.
If the 10th January incident had a bearing on NB not wanting to be alive any more, there’s a whole lot more to come. Being hospitalised on the 10th could potentially have saved her. All Jmo.
We don;t know why police attended on the 10th. Hospitalisation might have been considered totally inappropriate

I agree.The welfare check is hugely relevant. As for the alcohol/menopause info, there are probably millions of us women out there who’ve appreciated a stiff drink to dull symptoms/relax ourselves during menopause.

‘Significant issues with alcohol’ is not having a stiff drink. Whilst yes it’s terrible this information has come out in this way. Let’s also not minimise NB struggles that she may have been experiencing.

Yes I know but they should still be investigated under the Data Protection Act. IMO.
Absolutely, I've also been wondering on what basis any newspapers could have published the information, as would they not have been in breach of GDPR in doing so - there is little argument to say such sensitive health and medical data is in the public interests to be revealed?

‘Significant issues with alcohol’ is not having a stiff drink. Whilst yes it’s terrible this information has come out in this way. Let’s also not minimise NB struggles that she may have been experiencing.
I’m in no way trying to minimise the difficulties Nicola may have been experiencing. Far from it. Merely trying to minimise the stigma of seeking comfort/solace/relief in alcohol.

Yes I was discussing with a friend yesterday why is this missing person case getting so much attention is wild - there is a pull I don’t know what it is.

The continuous criticism of LE

Huge number of Facebook groups set up in ‘assisting’ finding NB

The wild accusations and people travelling to the location.

Number of ex professionals of different seniority putting their 2 pence in

Number of friends who are spokespeople for the family, providing updates from the family, that are later incorrect.

The CH5 doc early doors - timing felt weird to me not for nefarious reasons just odd.
Just my musings.

Yes, agree. I'm not sure what the strange pull is on this case.
Maybe we Brits just get bored in February and the constant media coverage of the case is quite happily taking our attention until Spring comes...??

I've been wondering that because I'm pretty sure on a legal basis, not married, children are minors etc I would presume that her parents are next of kin. But quite happy to be corrected.
That's correct, or at least, PA wouldn't have automatic rights to bring up the children without NB. My brother got married for this very reason, because he realised that if anything happened to his wife, he wouldn't automatically get my nephew.

That's correct, or at least, PA wouldn't have automatic rights to bring up the children without NB. My brother got married for this very reason, because he realised that if anything happened to his wife, he wouldn't automatically get my nephew.
He would have done if he was on the birth certificate he had joint parental responsibility.

Yes, but someone knew the actual medical details. Granted, this could have been found out by a neighbour and they were the press source.
But it doesn't explain why Lancs constab did a 180 u-turn, right after stating they weren't going to disclose the 'vulnerabilities', lots of flip flopping.

It's very odd, the only justification I can think of, as to why they could legitimately release this information is if they believe there's a risk of harm to NB. So they believe she is somewhere contemplating her next move, someone knows where she is, assisting her and they're putting media pressure on her or her accomplice to come forward.
JMO
I don’t think the public/locals were threatening to report menopause or alcoholism, seems to be the local public were aware of police turning up for welfare check - is the more “juicy gossip” that the tabloids would pay for.

He would have done if he was on the birth certificate he had joint parental responsibility.

Yep whoever has name on birth certificate has parental responsibility unless it’s legally taken away/they give it up

Absolutely, I've also been wondering on what basis any newspapers could have published the information, as would they not have been in breach of GDPR in doing so - there is little argument to say such sensitive health and medical data is in the public interests to be revealed?
Newspapers would be in breach of their own code, unless there was a public interest Defence, or unless there was, for example, a court appearance resulting from a welfare check.

Officers are being as "transparent as they can be" in what is an "incredibly sensitive and complex case" as the search for Nicola Bulley approaches its fourth week, Lancashire's police and crime commissioner has said.

Andrew Snowden made the remarks after police revealed Ms Bulley had suffered "significant issues with alcohol" which were "brought on by her ongoing struggles with the menopause".

Mr Snowden said: "The unprecedented media and public interest in this case, whilst welcomed for appeals for information, is challenging for the family and friends of Nicola and officers and police staff dealing with unsubstantiated rumours and speculation on a daily basis.

"I'd like to thank all members of the public who have provided helpful information to Lancashire Police."

Mr Snowden's comments also come as Wyre Council leader Michael Vincent told Sky News there are "lessons to be learned" for police searching for Ms Bulley.

He added: "But I think they've done their best in difficult circumstances."

Talking about the personal information about Ms Bulley revealed by police, Mr Vincent said: "That was put out there with the knowledge of Nicola's family because other people were seeking to make that information public.

"That wasn't the police's decision, their hand was forced, should they have done it? Again, with the benefit of hindsight, that should be looked into in future cases."

Do we actually know if NB herself was the subject of the welfare check?
In their press release, LP said the welfare check was due to NBs problems. So the logical assumption would either be that it was a check on NB, or a check on PA because of something NBs problems might have caused her to do. I'd guess the former.

To me it still suggests a third party. Leaving a dog alone is akin to leaving a child. IMO
Guess its not like leaving a child in a field though... it could be leaving it in a happy place known well.

We have no idea even what the dog is like at home or the dynamics just photos on walks & happy round Dan Walker at the farm.

I'm sorry to keep posting about the live news but I also find this relevant.

The reporter speaking right now talking about the banks has just said a camera man has almost slipped in and then he said "most of us have almost slipped"
If Nicola had slipped suddenly, I don't think she'd have left her phone on the bench and THEN gone to the riverside.
I think she'd have slipped in with her phone...if it was an accident of course.
MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member