Found Deceased UK - Nicola Bulley Last Seen Walking Dog Near River - St Michaels on Wyre (Lancashire) #15

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Number of friends who are spokespeople for the family, providing updates from the family, that are later incorrect.
MOO - only family and PA should had been the spokespeople for Nicola from the start and throughout. The friends, although well-intentioned (I hope), have not helped in my opinion but contributed to some of the misinformation as you say and to the media circus.

MOO - only family and PA should had been the spokespeople for Nicola from the start and throughout. The friends, although well-intentioned (I hope), have not helped in my opinion but contributed to some of the misinformation as you say and to the media circus.
And (JMO) the friends have accidentally looked a bit like flying monkeys. I think they’ve only been trying to help, and you would if you had links to the media etc. Agree should have been family with police present and officially as much as possible. Has been pseudo-official with the scripting and clear messages etc but not actually

more new links - all commentary (not on NB but just on the revealing of the specific vulnerabilities)

apparently the menopause is embarrassing too!

new statement from the Lancs Police & Crime Commissioner
( Kay wants the Chief Constable to call in ;) / pop his head above the parapet

All the focus is being placed on this rather than on Nicola herself. It's getting ridiculous now.

I get that but what the bloke says runs counter to everything LP have said about this time period. And how long did this chap and/or Penny stay by the bench. Did one of them stay until Paul turned up?
Paul said he phoned LP at 10.50am and that when he got to bench, probs about 10 mins later (from home to bench) there were dog walkers there who handed him Willow & NB phone. If the guy & Penny found Willow at 9.30am then that’s an hour & half waiting with the dog.

I'm glad you survived to tell your story @PS8800.

Your reaction is not so different from that of victims in serious auto accidents and/or other trauma.

A longtime friend is a helicopter medivac pilot and more than half of the victims he recovers that crash and abandons their vehicles are later found partially disrobed and in the nearest body of water (i.e., paradoxical undressing). Injured animals similarly gravitate to water. MOO
It’s interesting because there’s a section on Wikipedia that lists terminal burrowing with paradoxical undressing. Maybe it explains why some people in water are not found so easily?

Thanks for sharing, very interesting.

I work in crisis and emergency management education in the UK.

Under 'Duty of Care', and Data Protection law, personal information can be shared if it is deemed to protect an individual from harm.

"Under the GDPR and Data Protection Act 2018 you may share information without consent if, in your judgement, there is a lawful basis to do so, such as where safety may be at risk." (Source: attached)

Somewhat unrelated, but for context, under the Civil Contingencies Act, Category 1 responders (which includes police) have a legal obligation to safeguard members of the public (physiological and psychological) and keep them safe from harm.

Duty of Care in Policing

Presumably, if the police are following due process, they have made the decision to release the information to prevent further harm to NB or her family, or indeed others living locally, rather than to 'save face' or play media tennis ie try to trump them. One would hope.

Intrigued to hear more on this.

Do we have any lawyers here who can clarify?

Attachments

One thing I haven't seen mentioned: what if the Jan 10 visit was about the welfare of the children if people who knew about NBs drinking had reported their concerns?
I doubt she’d still be allowed to be driving them to school if so. If authorities were worried about a parent the kids would be removed to foster parents or family and that parent only allowed supervised access to the children. Happens quite frequently until the parent can be shown to be responsible and not a risk.

Paul said he phoned LP at 10.50am and that when he got to bench, probs about 10 mins later (from home to bench) there were dog walkers there who handed him Willow & NB phone. If the guy & Penny found Willow at 9.30am then that’s an hour & half waiting with the dog.
Yep...there's a big gap of nothingness and they wonder why theories and speculation have headed into orbit

Why would that require health professionals as well as police?
If the visit was for the welfare of the children, I think it would have to involve social workers of some description. The police wouldn't work alone in that instance.

I doubt she’d still be allowed to be driving them to school if so. If authorities were worried about a parent the kids would be removed to foster parents or family and that parent only allowed supervised access to the children. Happens quite frequently until the parent can be shown to be responsible and not a risk.
Would they immediately take the children if they didn't think there was evidence of mistreatment, or if they decided to keep an eye on the situation and conduct regular checks? I'm genuinely asking because I don't know.

I thought the woman tied up the dog, as she had to go to an appointment??

Or is that another earlier woman?

If NB has walked away, it would have had to have been planned in advance, so you would think there would be texts, calls, emails to someone to make arrangements for the day, as I highly doubt she just walked off on her own and got on a bus/taxi. So how much weight does that theory hold do we think, as it would have needed to have been someone she trusted.
Could the meeting with her boss the night before been exactly for that reason? An in person meeting would leave no tech evidence and implied to be work related? JMO

Yep...there's a big gap of nothingness and they wonder why theories and speculation have headed into orbit
Yes. The LP timeline and sequence of events is very vague and contradictory when compared with witness statements released in the press.

Are we even sure which gate they are referring to when talking about the 9:33 witness finding Willow. One presumes it is the kissing gate but could also be the bigger gate to Allotment Lane or even the stile behind the bench.

If the kissing gate, there isn't much distance for Willow to be 'running between the gate and the bench' it's only a few metres. And if 9;33 witness was walking down the River Path towards the kissing gate, maybe Willow was running to her rather than trying to signal NBs whereabouts?

One thing I haven't seen mentioned: what if the Jan 10 visit was about the welfare of the children if people who knew about NBs drinking had reported their concerns?
Personally I think we know too much already and I don't want to know any more. Just want her found and this to end.

Would they immediately take the children if they didn't think there was evidence of mistreatment, or if they decided to keep an eye on the situation and conduct regular checks? I'm genuinely asking because I don't know.

A Police Constable has the legal right to remove a child from accommodation or prevent removal, where they have reasonable cause to believe the child would otherwise be likely to suffer significant harm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
elementpro