Found Deceased UK - Nicola Bulley Last Seen Walking Dog Near River - St Michaels on Wyre (Lancashire) #15

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What do you mean 'guff people spout'? lol It's really not unusual for people to have a work mobile and a personal mobile.
I have one provided by work I access work email, work teams meetings, take calls etc eta this is so my personal number is not shared with clients, my work mobile is also linked to my desk landline number. I then have my own personal mobile.
esp with kids- people like to be in touch with their children but not so much on a work phone IMO

Ron claimed that the phone was unlocked when he saw it but it was locked when his wife looked at it. Surely someone can determine the time delay of the phone lock and establish when it was left there
Where in that video does it say that please?

I’m in no way trying to minimise the difficulties Nicola may have been experiencing. Far from it. Merely trying to minimise the stigma of seeking comfort/solace/relief in alcohol.
I think 'significant issues with alcohol' is an incredibly subjective statement. Some may consider drinking a bottle of wine a night significant whilst others may not. It is open to a wide variety of interpretations and it is appalling this incredibly personal information was made public.

the odd thing to me is that she lives in a small place- a village. unless she travels away to a larger more urban spot, some one in town would know about her habits- even if she was being secretive, if she were buying alcohol or going to a pub, people would know IMO. ...and no one does seem to have known, unless they are being uncharacteristically tactfully silent.
I live in a small village, no supermarket. Folk travel to the nearest supermarkets or use supermarket deliveries. I have no idea how much alcohol anyone in my village buys.
It’s possible Nicola, like many others, started having an extra glass of wine, or an earlier glass of wine during lockdown and it became more problematic beyond that. No purchasing multiple bottles of spirits from the local village shop, no becoming drunk in the local pub. No one outside of her household, or who she had chosen to share this with, aware it had become an issue.

edited to correct my appalling spelling

not sure what type the phone was but this is interesting:

If you hate constantly typing in your PIN or password, use Smart Lock to keep it unlocked in certain situations. Just remember, you'll need a Lock screen set up before you can use this feature.
From Settings, tap Lock screen, and then tap Smart Lock. From here, enter your lock screen credentials.
The following options are available:
Smart Lock options displayed on a Galaxy phone

• On-body detection: After you unlock your phone, it stays unlocked while it's in motion, like when you're walking with it. Your phone will stay unlocked for up to 4 hours or until you put it down. Tap the switch next to Use On-body detection to enable this feature.

I live in a small village, no supermarket. Folk travel to the nearest supermarkets or use supermarket deliveries. I have no idea how much alcohol anyone in my village buys.
It’s possible Nicola, like many others, started having an extra glass of wine, or an earlier glass of wine during lockdown and it became more problematic beyond that. No purchasing multiple bottles of spirits from the local village shop, no becoming drunk in the local pub. No one outside of her household, or who she had chosen to share this with, aware it had become an issue.

edited to correct my appalling spelling
I still think that if something was "becoming a problem" (not my phrase) there would be repeated orders, charges, empties. IMO. Since LE said this, it becomes part of the case, but it is tough to determine exactly what it means IMO.

I still think that if something was "becoming a problem" (not my phrase) there would be repeated orders, charges, empties. IMO. Since LE said this, it becomes part of the case, but it is tough to determine exactly what it means IMO.
I do have two sets of neighbours where both households always have a good haul of wine bottles on glass recycling day. It’s been laughed about by us all. I could tell Police that, if there ever was cause that they were asking such questions, but I couldn’t tell them who in the households actually drinks it. I hope my neighbours aren’t on here….

Sharing my thoughts…There is something about this case that has affected me differently that other cases. I think it stems from a combination of things-not knowing if NB being missing is due to an accident, foul play or other….Maybe it is because I understand the emotional roller coaster she was on and it is not a fun ride. Maybe I am angry that so many people interfered on SM for their pleasure disregarding the fact that this is someone’s mother, wife, sister, daughter…
In the chance that NB is out there, I wish she could read the threads and understand it is never too late and what she has actually done is allowed people to put aside their vulnerabilities and open up and share some of their most inner thoughts about their struggles, addictions and mental health issues….
You’re absolutely right.

Total strangers judging a missing woman and casting aspersions is so, so, so low.

If NIcola was struggling with health problems exacerbated by financial problems (most of us have gone through sticky patches, and there’s no shame to it), she deserves support, kindness and help. Not people nastily pointing fingers.

And it isn’t just social media. Nicola may have felt so embarrassed having police come round (neighbours are so nosy) and being a small village people talk, exaggerate and add extra false titbits form their own imaginations.

One thing I found strange was when NIcola added “In a Relationship “ just last Christmas. I wonder what made her do that? Were people gossiping and making her life a misery? When someone is on the edge of basically being bullied and lied about, it can tip you over the edge,
WEWSEDDDXx
Who knows if she vanished because of all that nasty finger pointing - if indeed there was.

<modsnip: No approved source link to support any financial difficulties> It’s disgusting. Worse, heartbreakingly worse, who knows if she felt broken and beaten down with problems, and that’s on top of her health issues, and she felt worthless? If her mind was all over the place with fear and worry, she’d have been irrational and could’ve thought everyone would be better off without her. It sounds dramatic, but when someone is pushed into that darkness she may have thought she’d take her own life and that would solve the problem. Jesus, she may have even thought if she did something to herself and they had life insurances, that would solve AP’s problems and the children would have a home. It sounds crazy, and it is, but when someone is on the brink they don’t think rationally.

It’s heartbreaking!
I’ve just finished PF’s book. Obviously it is his own life story etc but he comes across as very empathetic and has a great deal of experience, including the spy in the bag case and numerous cases involving caving / diving. I was genuinely surprised, as I thought the book would be far more of an ego trip, but it’s actually pretty nuanced.
Out of curiosity, what was PF’s conclusion on the spy in the bag case, please}

Last edited by a moderator:
the odd thing to me is that she lives in a small place- a village. unless she travels away to a larger more urban spot, some one in town would know about her habits- even if she was being secretive, if she were buying alcohol or going to a pub, people would know IMO. ...and no one does seem to have known, unless they are being uncharacteristically tactfully silent.
These are the supermarkets within a 20 min drive of Inskip, safe to say if she wanted to hide it, she could.

1676683674934.png

You’re absolutely right.

Total strangers judging a missing woman and casting aspersions is so, so, so low.

If NIcola was struggling with health problems exacerbated by financial problems (most of us have gone through sticky patches, and there’s no shame to it), she deserves support, kindness and help. Not people nastily pointing fingers.

And it isn’t just social media. Nicola may have felt so embarrassed having police come round (neighbours are so nosy) and being a small village people talk, exaggerate and add extra false titbits form their own imaginations.

One thing I found strange was when NIcola added “In a Relationship “ just last Christmas. I wonder what made her do that? Were people gossiping and making her life a misery? When someone is on the edge of basically being bullied and lied about, it can tip you over the edge,
WEWSEDDDXx
Who knows if she vanished because of all that nasty finger pointing - if indeed there was.

<modsnip: No approved source link to support any financial difficulties> It’s disgusting. Worse, heartbreakingly worse, who knows if she felt broken and beaten down with problems, and that’s on top of her health issues, and she felt worthless? If her mind was all over the place with fear and worry, she’d have been irrational and could’ve thought everyone would be better off without her. It sounds dramatic, but when someone is pushed into that darkness she may have thought she’d take her own life and that would solve the problem. Jesus, she may have even thought if she did something to herself and they had life insurances, that would solve AP’s problems and the children would have a home. It sounds crazy, and it is, but when someone is on the brink they don’t think rationally.

It’s heartbreaking!

Out of curiosity, what was PF’s conclusion on the spy in the bag case, please}
The thing is I've seen NO-ONE anywhere judging her. Not once. All I've seen is support for her.

It's like in one fail swoop you've just made up a whole new narrative that's not been mentioned anywhere. All of her friends who have spoken out have had nothing but kind things to say, so really not sure what you're basing all this on.

Last edited by a moderator:
They could have accidentally locked the phone IMO if they picked it up for a closer look. I'm not sure if we know what type of phone it is, but on mine the lock button seems to be placed in a spot where anyone who doesn't know the phone will inevitably manage to click it when I hand it to them.

What is a "lock button"? I've been using smartphones for ~15 years & I have never heard of such a thing.

I think their reasoning for it's release is being investigated.
I suspect they did it with the partners consent but not for any investigative reasons. We shall see.
A partner or family should not be allowed to 'sign-off' on this type of release imo, this was Nicola's private information.
I really do not understand the idea of 'private information' when a person is missing.
Should no-one know if a missing person has e.g. dementia, a heart condition, learning difficulties,
diabetes, is pregnant etc? as in 'this person needs their medication'
Knowing about some things helps explain the importance of finding them and in some cases gives clues to identifying them (visually and behaviourally).
And surely, why would LE be consulting family and friends about how best to find someone, when they don't know what the family relationships are like, or why the person went missing?

He's just making excuses to try to explain his failure to find NB, none of it is relevant because a proper S&R operation wouldn't rule anything in or out in terms of the circumstances anyway.

He said he would be "looking for things like whisky bottles".

Can't see how that would make any difference and find it pretty crude to say that, as far as we know NB was sober on the morning she disappeared and finding a bottle of anything wouldn't mean a jot without finding NB,

Also, he mentioned the difference between somebody drowning in place or trying to swim away being relevant in terms of suicide vs fall but again, as an experience S&R I wouldn't expect him to exclude either scenario.

Just noise really, shame.
That’s a ridiculous thing for PF to say: he’d be looking for whisky bottles.

She wasn’t walking along with a bottle of whisky in her hand; she was playing with the dog in the field, had briefly chatted to another dog Walker, had texted her friend arranging a play date and logged onto a Teams meeting. How would she have had the time or opportunity to drink from a bottle of whisky?! He sounds naive.

I don’t believe she was an alcoholic at all, and had she been one who drank at breakfast time then PA wouldn’t have allowed her to drive the children to school.

She was carrying a bottle of water with her in the CCTV when loading the car, and to prove that bottle only contained water and not a vodka mix ( which is a trick some people do) the police can easily test the bottle. She may have left it in the car or taken it with her when walking Willow, in which case if that bottle wasn’t found in the area that would suggest if she did fall/ jump into the river that bottle would be in the river too. They float. Then again, I can’t imagine her holding the bottle if she quickly jumped, nor if she rushed to stop Willow going into the river.

I wonder if the police have found that bottle? Regardless of what it contained ( and I bet it was just water), if they haven’t found it in the car or fields, that would be very odd. In fact, as she was carrying it that means it didn’t fit into her pocket, so you’d think it would have been on the bench too.

I just rewatched it and decided to delete my post that you have responded to, couldn't be sure how to interpret what I heard.

It did seem like they bulldozed him a bit though yes, but I also can't help thinking he must have seen all the film crew there and yet still he still decided to go that way.
The film crew had obviously briefed him as when the reporter began asking him questions he told him something like “so when you found the phone there what did you think?” The man clearly knew they were going to interview him.

However, he did come across extremely sincere and truthful IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1