Found Deceased UK - Nicola Bulley Last Seen Walking Dog Near River - St Michaels on Wyre (Lancashire) #16

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
<modsnip - quoted post and response removed>

As soon as the national media became interested in this case, it was blown up to police incompetence, made worse by people like PF and MWT. Even a friend of Nicola's, had a facebook post with 'facts' which she kept updating, but got it wrong that the 'abandoned mansion' had not been searched, it had already been searched at that point. But because she forgot to update that bullet point in her post, the media were still running 'abandoned mansion' articles daily, instead of checking with proper sources, like the police. The friend of Nicola ended up deleting her facebook I believe because of people then criticizing her for not updating the post, it was just a genuine mistake of hers. The media really need to do much more thorough checking of things, even if it comes from friends and family, because it causes the public to believe things incorrectly for days on end.
The information on the CCTV not working was also incorrect. It was simply just a CCTV blind spot.

Way too much is being read into this, and it's probably just because there's so little else to dig at.

It's not uncommon for people (especially older people, or those in more formal occupations) to refer to a man they don't know as a gentleman, or a woman they don't know as a lady. It happened to me only the other day in a supermarket, when someone referred to me as a 'gent' (to a member of staff) for having retrieved something from a shelf that was too high for her.
Yes but they DO know each other

OK this is completely ridiculous now and must stop! They are unbelievably disrespectful. They deserve arrests and criminal records.

TikTok sleuths spark outrage after filming themselves digging up woodland close to where Nicola Bulley vanished

TikTok sleuths have sparked fury after filming themselves digging up woodland close to where Nicola Bulley vanished despite police repeatedly warning them to stop.

One is seen digging up soil while the other man films him and comments on Ms Bulley's disappearance.

Creating video content is their priority, not an inch of decency.

The information on the CCTV not working was also incorrect. It was simply just a CCTV blind spot.
Yes and another thing on social media was that the cravan park owner had refused access, was being suspicious and the place hadn't been searched, when it already had and she had been very helpful. Again these things were appearing for days.

Peter Bleksley ex detective is on Talk TV now discussing the case.

Seems odd it’s setting out / returning from Chester. That’s where I live and haven’t heard anything.
The new breed of Airbus helicopters are pretty quiet. Also it depends on your angle in relation to the helicopter, and whether it is actively "turning" away from your position. I'm almost done with my helicopter license and I love the things.

I don't see that it matters.

Police have got witness statements along with the phone and will know the exact timeline. They have asked for witnesses, who are the only ones who add to their knowledge.
It is of no value to them for the general public to know this in minute detail.

IMO
MOO is that it does matter

They have released a timeline that excludes 1 hour and 15mins approx of witnesses at the exact time that NB could have still been in the area, the time that her worried partner was phoning her and the time when she may have been alive in the river

Having this void of information in the timeline is a mistake IMO. Why release the timeline if it isn't giving the full picture?

That remark was from a friend of NB's who was interviewed later, after it was known who the missing person was - just in case anyone thinks it suspicious that the witness already knew it was NB rather than PA doing the walk that day.
--
She said: "The gent has looked on the floor and two feet from the bench there’s a phone. I think she’s either been faffing about at the edge of the river because the dog’s been smelling fishing bait and she’s slipped or she’s had a medical episode."

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/uk-news/friend-says-missing-nicola-bulley-26134452

quoted in lots of posts - fuller transcripts can be located by searching forum for 'faffing'.
<edited by me to correct error - new text is underlined>
Thank you, I thought I had read elsewhere but if that's all there is it must be it. Well done.

BBC reporter Marianna Spring:

"I have previously covered how conspiracy theorists and trolls target survivors of terror attacks - like the Manchester Arena bombing in 2017 - with some going far as to track them down offline to find out if they were lying about their injuries.
This case is very different, but there has been drastic spiralling of speculation and conspiracy theories, which has triggered statements from Nicola's family, and police who issued a dispersal order.
This story has been a huge focus for the media, splashed on front pages daily. But I want to understand the scale of the social media frenzy."

Has she seen this - re programme on BBC channel?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne