Found Deceased UK - Nicola Bulley Last Seen Walking Dog Near River - St Michaels on Wyre (Lancashire) #16

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a lot to catch up on here, so my apologies if this has been mentioned yet. I just read a news article by Sky News, the family have said this apparently -

"Due to the perimenopause Nikki suffered with significant side effects such as brain fog, restless sleep and was taking HRT to help but this was giving her intense headaches which caused Nikki to stop taking the HRT thinking that may have helped her but only ended up causing this crisis."

I'm confused by the last line. "....but it only ended up causing this crisis". I thought it unusual wording given there is nothing confirmed about her disappearance whatsoever. My understanding was that the police were running with the idea she slipped into the water by accident. It just seems strange the family blame not taking HRT on 'this crisis' when it may have had nothing to do with it all all.

The article: Nicola Bulley: Stopping menopause drugs 'ended up causing this crisis', family says

It seems they are inferring she had a mental health crisis and disappeared or fell into the river accidentally or on purpose, and that bothers me because what if she was abducted? Are they keeping their minds open to other possibilities?

It seems they are inferring she had a mental health crisis and disappeared or fell into the river accidentally or on purpose, and that bothers me because what if she was abducted? Are they keeping their minds open to other possibilities?
I do believe they have kept an open mind from the beginning but investigations require evidence not guesswork

I have a lot to catch up on here, so my apologies if this has been mentioned yet. I just read a news article by Sky News, the family have said this apparently -

"Due to the perimenopause Nikki suffered with significant side effects such as brain fog, restless sleep and was taking HRT to help but this was giving her intense headaches which caused Nikki to stop taking the HRT thinking that may have helped her but only ended up causing this crisis."

I'm confused by the last line. "....but it only ended up causing this crisis". I thought it unusual wording given there is nothing confirmed about her disappearance whatsoever. My understanding was that the police were running with the idea she slipped into the water by accident. It just seems strange the family blame not taking HRT on 'this crisis' when it may have had nothing to do with it all all.

The article: Nicola Bulley: Stopping menopause drugs 'ended up causing this crisis', family say

PA has stated he was already worried when NB was merely 10-15 minutes late, BEFORE he had been given ANY news of anything to cause that worry. Most partners wouldn't be worried to the point they are getting a jacket on and going to look after 10-15 minutes. He was watching the clock, as soon as she's 10-15 minutes late he's already panicking. To me this is quite telling, and likely lends itself to the situation circa Jan 10 IMO.

The focus has definitely shifted from accident or perhaps abduction to disappearance or suicide (MOO).

Given their statement, it just feels like they know more. The last line read to me as though they didn't think it was an accident. They said that not taking 'ended up causing this crisis'. It just sounds very specific to me? It doesn't sound very open minded about her disappearance. Maybe I'm reading too much into it, but it irked me a little.

The article: Nicola Bulley: Stopping menopause drugs 'ended up causing this crisis', family says

Perhaps a reference to the January 10th incident. For sure, chronic pain resulting in loss of sleep and self medication with alcohol are proven ways to lose rational perspective quickly.

I hope they are not closed off to different scenarios though we should bear in mind that they know more than us - ie background/history, details of Jan 10th visit etc.

Ah well that's where we differ. I don't feel I have any entitlement to know any more than police wish to divulge.
JMO but there are really only 3 theories as to were NB has gone...in the river, chose to walk away, or taken away. In more than 3 weeks no evidence has been revealed to add clout to any one of these, it's what sleuthing is about. Working on finding that evidence (even though we're working on it virtually and not in the physical sense) to follow the most likely scenario. Unless she is found we can only speculate

If NB had threatened to jump into the river then that would lead the police to believe that this is what happened.

That does not seem like something for which police would be contemplating an arrest.

It was interesting that they felt the need to expressly say that nobody was arrested.

IMO this could possibly have been for a beach of the peace rather than anything sinister. Maybe somebody got a bit loud.

Rather than this case being some sort of operation to force things on the general public by authorities (I don't even want to say the name these conspiracy nutters call it because it is stupid), I actually hope it does bring about renewed calls for tighter restrictions on reporting by the tabloid press. I hope it brings about discussions regarding some sort of definite repercussions for social media people with their own channels and members of the public etc who purposely plant 'evidence', or harass witnesses. Even discussions on people receiving money for going to the media with their 'story', although obviously sometimes this would be genuine and needed.
The UK press have very strict restrictions as well as libel and contempt. They cannot print medical details without permission. The reason they mentioned the menopause/alcohol vulnerabilities was because police put it in the public domain. And I have seen no article that was unfavourable except about another person on social media.
The family say they were threatened with stories someone was allegedly selling about Nicola but no adverse story has appeared.
But there could be something in tomorrow papers about somebody in Nicola’s wider circle which the family were asked to comment on.

If NB was having brain fog , headaches , loss of sleep etc caused by symptoms of menopause or not taking her hrt meds. Then what would even be the point in walking away? What would that actually achieve ? She would still be experiencing all of those symptoms.
I'm not one of the people who believe she's walked away, but hopelessness, not feeling worthy, there's many reasons she might walk away

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jayrider129