Found Deceased UK - Nicola Bulley Last Seen Walking Dog Near River - St Michaels on Wyre (Lancashire) #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Afternoon all.

For those unaware I live on the Fylde.

I've just visited a family member in Billsborrow and drove through St Michael's both times. Here's what I saw from a purely factual pov:

St Micheals is a very rural small village, I'd go so far to say a hamlet. 1 primary school. A church. A car garage. A pub (The Grapes). A cattery. Small clusters of houses. The river runs directly through crossed via a very old stone roadbridge with a pedestrian path 'steel cage' on the side (added a few years ago as a way for pedestrias to safely cross). There are 3 ways in: the A586 Blackpool Lane from the west (from Poulton le Fylde and via Great Eccleston) heading east hound the A586 becomes Garstang Road just after The Grapes, heading in this direction takes you to the A6 - North for Lancaster/ Garstang, south for Preston. There's also a mini roundabout where the school is, at which you can go down Hall Lane. This takes you south on to various country lanes and towards villages including Inskip where Nicola's family home is.

On the way there (12:15) I enteted from the West via Blackpool Lane.

On the approach to SMs I saw 2 People in high viz jackets looking at the river
Google maps: 53.857532,-2.846644 -[I presume to be volunteer searchers]

As I approached the roadbridge I spotted a footpath between the Church and the bridge I wasn't previously aware of. I do believe this would lead you to the south bank of the river (i.e. opposite side to the bench and would presumably take you past the 'abandoned house')
If you drip a pin on: 53.863039,-2.820198 on Google maps, go to street view and spin around 180 degrees you'll see it with a sign post stating 3 miles to Inskip.

Crossing over the bridge I couldn't see the stretch where the bench is while driving, however can confirm the footpath to the tow path on the north side of the bridge is very much open access. Several dog walkers entering it and exiting it

2 small news vans (transit van size) - 1 in the church layby and one in The Grapes car park. The Grapes car park was full of cars (Standard civilian cars).

No signs of Lancs Fire and rescue. No sign of police or CSI at that point.

Further around the bend, at the junction to Allotment Lane there was a large 'North Wales Police Underwater Search and Marine Rescue' vehicle parked up with 2 frog drivers kitted up talking to 2 PCSOs. The Lane wasn't closed off but it is a private lane (which leads to Wyreside Caravan Park and near the bench).

The footbridge which is further round the bend of the river past Rowanwater caravans is private and has a gate on. So - at the roadbridge between the Church and The Grapes pub you essentially decide which bank of the river you're walking on and there's no other way of crossing on this stretch without going through the river.

On my return (13:10) I went into St Michael's via Hall Lane. This road forms part of the most direct route to School from Inskip. There is no pedestrian footpath, it doesnt seem to be well lit. [This is also the case for 2 or 3 other routes you could potentially take from Inskip too. Opinion: I'd be surprised to learn they ever walked. Been reported in MSM they drove but police press conference was very vague on answering this question]

On this road I passed the entrance to the 'abandoned house ' Google maps
53.861662,-2.816265 Street view and spin 180.
Green waste wheelie bin was out and checking council website, collection day is Tuesday.

School car park was full and no vehicle cordoned off.

I took a slight detour and headed back past the bridge and The Grapes to the junction for Allotment Lane to see area again (then down a side street to turn and drive back west).

NW police marine unit still parked up. Footpath still open. Still no signs of other police or fire and rescue vehicles. 1 news van was leaving, 1 remained. Several dog walkers still around.

Missing posters up on lampposts a few miles in and out of St Michael's.

Any questions I'll help where I can.
Thankyou for that excellent description.

''Lancashire Police have released a picture of a potential further witness they want to speak to in the search for 45-year-old Nicola Bulley.

Officers said they believe "the woman (pictured) was in the area at the time".

1675348919342.png

''Lancashire Police have released a picture of a potential further witness they want to speak to in the search for 45-year-old Nicola Bulley.

Officers said they believe "the woman (pictured) was in the area at the time".

View attachment 399558
Notice the dog looking back, as if it can hear another dog barking ? Possibly Willow ? Ive got a new theory but i dont think i can type it on here!

There are two other people in that photo which the police have just released. I wonder if the photo is from dashcam. It doesn’t mean that this photo was taken at the time of disappearance but it could have been. It might have been a much busier dog walking route than I’d imagined from Facebook posts.

P&N ENGINEERING DESIGN LIMITED - Companies House

Hi All, I thought this was significant. Nicola is listed as a person with significant control in the linked company. If you check the filing history, a new update has appeared that JMO may suggest recent financial difficulties and perhaps a period of stress - especially given her job as this is a company to which she is directly linked.

The update was not there and therefore not publicly available yesterday as fast as I am aware.
Its not really that significant. The company has missed the deadline for filing its accounts, which were due to be filed in early December. The update is probably time driven. If the accounts are submitted then the proposal to strike off would be dropped. There could be many reasons for missing the deadline.

For info - NB is a shareholder so therefore not responsbile for the day to day running of the company, that is the duty of the directors of the company.

Last edited:
Now this latest police appeal make this disappearance seem much more sinister.

There was another dog Walker in the area and she has not come forward? This is now scary.
The Independent (link below) is reporting that this witness was seen before 9am close to where NB was but consistent reports state that NB was last seen after 9am at around 9:15am. So maybe this witness just hasn't thought anything of it due to the timings.

There are two other people in that photo which the police have just released. I wonder if the photo is from dashcam. It doesn’t mean that this photo was taken at the time of disappearance but it could have been. It might have been a much busier dog walking route than I’d imagined from Facebook posts.

Which photo? The lady in red with the white dog or is there another one?

Yes but that was said to be an older man and he apparently came forward already. It’s odd that everyone there at the time wouldn’t come forward anyway. Just to be helpful.
Not everyone lives in a news bubble though and people have their own lives to get on with. I don't mean that in a harsh way but they maybe don't even realise they have any information to give about anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ShayGonCray