Found Deceased UK - Nicola Bulley Last Seen Walking Dog Near River - St Michaels on Wyre (Lancashire) #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Purely speculation - I wonder if

- NB has taken off harness so Willow could play
- Left phone on the bench as it’s within eyesight so not likely to be stolen,
- NB has either had to pick up Willow’s business down the bank, or Willow’s ball has rolled down the bank
- NB has gone down to pick it up, thrown it up towards the field, stepped backwards and lost footing, hurting her head in the process of falling into the water
- Willow hasn’t seen because was chasing the ball or in the field out of field of vision from down the bank.
-Willow hasn’t jumped in as she didn’t know what had happened

JMO and pure speculation.
I own one of these dogs. If they like water they are next to impossible to keep out. In fact most spaniel owners have a stream or river toward the water nd of their walks to wash them off in. They don’t mind going in sub zero water and being in it for hours

She wouldn’t be picking up dog mess. Not on a walk like that imo. She also wouldn’t be getting the dogs ball for it. They don’t work like that. You throw it in impossible places to get and find and they bound off and bring it back

It looks from the photos that the dog is ball obsessed. It’s likely to be quite protective over its ball and not let it get away from it. Female spaniel owners tend to have ball throwers to keep up with the sheer volume of throwing required

I can’t understand why the dog didn’t follow her into the water if that’s where she went. I would not be able to keep mine out if I was in the water. In fact I have had to be careful a few times open swimming and swimming in the sea because she tries to follow me in

So am I right in thinking, the phone, the lead/harness and Willow were all found at 9.35 by the bench? I thought Willow was found much later and in a different part of the field.
Was Willow always there, or run to the other dog walker from somewhere else if so.
Willows position seems quite crucial to me and this bit has become very confusing.

HJow
So possibly NB would take the harness off before the dog went for a swim in case it got caught or something.

I know that the dog was dry on the day NB went missing.
How do you know the dog was dry ? the picture shown of willow is from the past I believe/correct me if wrong ? Were her ears wet still ?

I just can't fathom such an unfortunate series of events happening for it to have been an accident. Surely there would be some evidence if it had been a bad enough fall to render her unconscious.

Purely speculation - I wonder if

- NB has taken off harness so Willow could play
- Left phone on the bench as it’s within eyesight so not likely to be stolen,
- NB has either had to pick up Willow’s business down the bank, or Willow’s ball has rolled down the bank
- NB has gone down to pick it up, thrown it up towards the field, stepped backwards and lost footing, hurting her head in the process of falling into the water
- Willow hasn’t seen because was chasing the ball or in the field out of field of vision from down the bank.
-Willow hasn’t jumped in as she didn’t know what had happened

JMO and pure speculation.
I own one of these breed of dogs. They are simply nuts. If they like water they are next to impossible to keep out. In fact most spaniel owners have a stream or river toward the end of their walks to wash them off in. They don’t mind going in sub zero water and being in it for hours

She wouldn’t be picking up dog mess. Not on a walk like that imo. She also wouldn’t be getting the dogs ball for it. They don’t work like that. You throw it in impossible places to get and find and they bound off and bring it back

It looks from the photos that the dog is ball obsessed. It’s likely to be quite protective over its ball and not let it get away from it. Female spaniel owners tend to have ball throwers to keep up with the sheer volume of throwing required. I’ve not seen mention of one of those

I really really can’t understand why the dog didn’t follow her into the water if that’s where she went. I would not be able to keep mine out if I was in the water. In fact I have had to be careful a few times open swimming and swimming in the sea because she tries to follow me in. They want to be with you all the time

For me this is a big big indicator she didn’t go in the water. I know what my Spaniel would be doing in that situation and it wouldn’t be bone dry on the bank. It’s just not in their nature

The key issue is interesting. No mention of them by the police and yet, she must have had them with her (unless she left them concealed on the car wheel).
Logically, they must still be with her in a zipped pocket or something.
Yes I was thinking about her car keys if she had driven the kids to school that day (the police haven’t confirmed either way as far as a I know) then she must have them on her person somewhere (as you say in her gilet pocket maybe). We know she dropped them at the school but we don’t know if she drove there or if she was given a lift. JMO.

I own one of these breed of dogs. They are simply nuts. If they like water they are next to impossible to keep out. In fact most spaniel owners have a stream or river toward the end of their walks to wash them off in. They don’t mind going in sub zero water and being in it for hours

It looks from the photos that the dog is ball obsessed. It’s likely to be quite protective over its ball and not let it get away from it. Female spaniel owners tend to have ball throwers to keep up with the sheer volume of throwing required. I’ve not seen mention of one of those

I really really can’t understand why the dog didn’t follow her into the water if that’s where she went. I would not be able to keep mine out if I was in the water. In fact I have had to be careful a few times open swimming and swimming in the sea because she tries to follow me in. They want to be with you all the time

For me this is a big big indicator she didn’t go in the water. I know what my Spaniel would be doing in that situation and it wouldn’t be bone dry on the bank. It’s just not in their nature
Sorry my posted got posted a number of times

Meant to add…

If that was a routine dog walk the dog would know exactly where it was going and exactly how to get home. They are creatures of habit spaniels and would easily make their own way home if left out

Sorry my posted got posted a number of times

Meant to add…

If that was a routine dog walk the dog would know exactly where it was going and exactly how to get home. They are creatures of habit spaniels and would easily make their own way home if left out
But home at least 3 miles away reached by car.if gate closed behind NB Willow could not follow hence "agitated" IMO

This case feels too close to home for me, as I am similar age, height, build to NB and also walk my spaniel daily along our local river path, albeit in a different part of the uk.

My thoughts/questions: (All MOO)

1. Did she do the same route each time or did she vary it depending on what she had on later that day? I have a short/medium/long route. What were her plans for later, was she supposed to be working or was it her day off and she was logging into the meeting to keep abreast of things? I don’t work on a Monday but often listen in on work meetings to show willing, often on mute with camera off while going about my day. Sometimes the meeting will finish and I forget to leave if I’m distracted by something else at the time. Was she even supposed to be going as far as the river or just doing a few laps of the field to get home and start work? Did she go near the river at all? Did she usually listen via headphones? Where are they now? Did the witness she spoke to confirm she was on a call/meeting? I presume the witnesse confirmed 100% it was her? I wondered if she wasn’t wearing a hat(like normal) if she only planned to be out for 10 mins or so? This time of year I would never do a long walk hat-free. How long would it take to walk to the bench from the field?

2. Is there any chance she could have been picked up by a car for some reason on her route? Either planned or not?

3. Dogs tend not to like jump in off steep banks that they know they can get out easily from. The dog would know the route well and it’s unusual to stop and let them swim in a tricky / steep area. I find it pretty unlikely that she just fell in the river, unless trying to retrieve a dog who couldn’t get out. (Or possibly trying to retrieve a ball) But I’d be surprised if the dog went in in the first place, especially as reported to be dry. My spaniel is often wet on walks as she dives in wet bushes and long grass though, not from swimming.

4. Did she have a smart watch which could provide valuable heart rate data etc or show last known location?

5. If I feel uncomfortable on a walk, eg if I meet an unaccompanied male in a secluded place, I will automatically get my phone out and either phone my husband or pretend to. I sometimes take a picture of the man if I’m very uncomfortable and delete it later.

6. My spaniel will run miles on a familiar walk but is always aware of where I am and would never run off.

7. I find it a bit odd that the lady who found the dog loose tied it to the bench but didn’t apparently see the phone?

8. Is it normal for the police to just presume there is no 3rd party involved just because there is an absence of any evidence to support this, when there is solid evidence of a woman going missing for no apparent reason? It seems odd not to cover all possible bases?

9. I can’t shake the feeling that the phone was planted/ placed on the bench by someone else and can’t think of many reasons why she’d leave it on the bench intentionally, especially still logged into the meeting? I suppose if her partner came to the area he may have known the code to unlock it.

I totally agree they didn’t walk from home to school.
I do however think its incredibly relevant to know how she got there and if she was alone on that journey.

Good point regarding the keys. Another item that could have been placed on the bench or would possibly have fallen out of her pocket had she rolled down the bank or been in a struggle.

JMO there is a reason we haven’t been told more about that journey to school.
I thought it had been stated that she drove to school and left her car in the school car park

I have to say I had a sudden emergency with a dog involving a tennis ball and sea some years ago. I would walk up and down the beach that went from sand to stone in different places and one dog was ball obsessed. Did this for months. Then one day, using the usual ball flinger, I flung the tennis ball, it deflected off stones and just shot through the air into the rough and wild sea, closely followed by my dog. The ball was swept out by the tide very fast and the dog kept going (in rough sea). The dog continued to pursue the ball (much to my horror). Eventually the dog decided to turn back to shore but struggled, severely. No way was I going in the water as I knew that usually a dog would survive but a human not. I began working out how to explain it to my family later on. I really thought the dog wasn't going to make it. Then the dog worked out to swim sideways and then diagonally and made it safely back. The sea was seriously rough. I have never since pinged a ball on stones or when the sea is rough. I just wondered with what LaStrega says above if the ball is the clue to what went wrong. JMO MOO
IF (very big if) throwing and retrieving her ball is a part of Willow's daily walk - and she seems very pleased with herself for having the ball in photos - and they had been near the bench for a few minutes, and IF they'd taken the ball that day, I'd expect the ball to be near by. If it had ended up in the water I feel like Willow would have followed it. But Willow was dry. IF it was in Nicola's gilet pocket (for eg) it could fall/float out. It could be up in the field but is Willow too good at retreiving to leave it there... too many IFs maybe, just seemed like something that perhaps should be there, isn't (or just hasn't been mentioned) JMO and tangential thinking.
(edited for iffy typing)

Last edited:
IF (very big if) throwing and retrieving her ball is a part of Willow's daily walk - and she seems very pleased with herself for having the ball in photos - and they had been near the bench for a few minutes ,and IF they'd taken the ball that day, I'd expectthe ball t to be near by. If it had ended up in the water I feel like Willow would have followed it. But Willow was dry. IF it was in Nicola's gilet pocket (for eg) it could fall/float out. It could be up in the field but is Willow too good at retreiving to leave it there... too many IFs maybe, just seemed like that something that perhaps should be there, isn't (or just hasn't been mentioned) JMO and tangential thinking.
Is ball in car? Does seem significant

Observation

Both witnesses, despite the high profile and mysterious nature surrounding the disappearence of NB, did not come forward initially of their own volition, until prompted to by police. Coincidentally, both of those said witnesses have a dog which is described as "small, white and fluffy". - Key witness found in search for missing dog walker Nicola Bulley

I wonder if both of these witnesses are related family members, or perhaps a husband and wife?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sarah573x