Found Deceased UK - Nicola Bulley Last Seen Walking Dog Near River - St Michaels on Wyre (Lancashire) #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Opening Dates this year: 01/04/2023 to 31/10/2023

Thank you for finding that out SpursGyal

I've just been catching up with the thread and here are a few thoughts:

One thing I've not seen mentioned is that in one of the pictures in this article, the tree by the bench has a sign on it that says "dogs must be kept on lead at all times".

I wondered if that meant once you go through the gate? In previous photos on her walks, the dog has not been on the lead, but they were in the field beyond the gate

From NB's fb:

Purely speculation - I wonder if

- NB has taken off harness so Willow could play
- Left phone on the bench as it’s within eyesight so not likely to be stolen,
- NB has either had to pick up Willow’s business down the bank, or Willow’s ball has rolled down the bank
- NB has gone down to pick it up, thrown it up towards the field, stepped backwards and lost footing, hurting her head in the process of falling into the water
- Willow hasn’t seen because was chasing the ball or in the field out of field of vision from down the bank.
-Willow hasn’t jumped in as she didn’t know what had happened

JMO and pure speculation.
Which is reasonable, but in that case, she's in the water in front of the bench....and they haven't found her.

Why wouldn't she float to the surface?

airpods

That’s why the phone was on the bench and still connected. She was on the Trams call on AirPods
I believe it's been mentioned earlier in this thread that NB has been seen wearing regular earphones, the corded type, in older photos. I'm not sure how old the photos are and of course some AirPods could have been purchased at some point in between the photo being taken and last Friday but just wanted to flag that in as this is a long thread now.

where is the field where the dog was found in relation to the video of the walk please?

I wondered if that meant once you go through the gate? In previous photos on her walks, the dog has not been on the lead, but they were in the field beyond the gate

From NB's fb:

Yes, that's also possible! I just assumed it meant near to the river because that's where the signs are in my town, but that may be due to the water birds near me.

where is the field where the dog was found in relation to the video of the walk please?

Which is reasonable, but in that case, she's in the water in front of the bench....and they haven't found her.

Why wouldn't she float to the surface?
Oh gosh I don’t even want to think about the details of that, it’s just horrific and so sad.

Oh gosh I don’t even want to think about the details of that, it’s just horrific and so sad.
But I think that series of events would make sense.

The window of opportunity it too small for foul play.

She was seen at 9:10, the meeting ended at 9:30 and she didn’t disconnect…

However I do think they need to search the holiday park nearby which surrounds another fairly large body of water.

Video Retraces Nicola Bulleys last known journey

This walking video shows the movement on the map and actual view (albeit only from the angle of the camera) of NB's last known journey
My Opinion Only

Having followed this journey, I personally felt safer on the streets. The woodland is pretty isolated. Even if it wasn’t, from experience you can still get harassed in places like this. In remote corners and even in front of passers by. The bench area I felt scared at as you have a bench where you’re facing away from a gate. I like to sit where you can see people entering and exiting. Anyone can come up behind you there.

However, no witnesses or evidence to suggest a couple was seen in the area. Where the female matched NB’s description.

MOO

I totally agree. The weir just downstream (link) looks like it would hold back anyone lost in the river.
Have the divers checked near the weir yet? I suspect her long jacket may have provided some initial buoyancy which could have moved her body downstream but yes it's unlikely she isn't past this point of the river.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sazy3