Found Deceased UK - Nicola Bulley Last Seen Walking Dog Near River - St Michaels on Wyre (Lancashire) #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t believe it’s people in that photo also short sleeves without a coat in January ? No can’t see it.
There's a guy in my local area who walks round all year in shorts and tshirt whatever the weather, so possible. But there are not two other people in that picture...it's an optical illusion. I get what it looks like, but given the items around it, it's clearly not people!

This would be my guess as to where the CCTV/Door bell camera would be. The tree is present and also the fence line starts to the right. Just as the photo. JMO

myguess.jpg

I haven't seen this mentioned before:

"She described how on Sunday morning local residents then met at the village hall, alongside Paul, at around 10.30am to organise their own search.

Paul is understood to have searched a different abandoned house in between the village hall and the Ivy Dene Alpacas site prior to the meeting."

From this article

My Opinion Only (MOO)

The obvious answer is fallen into the river by accident or intentionally by a third party. In the absence of any evidence pointing to that conclusion, I would park this up for the time being.

Moving onto the second possible scenario of foul play. The best way to work out if this happened is to think like a perpetrator.

For example, I wouldn’t want the victim to have their mobile phone as it can be traced.

There are some super sleuths here who may be able to conclude how possible it would have been for third party involvement, if they think like a perpetrator.

Left and as I have said, because the lady in red with dog is in the foreground she makes them appear tiny but their heads are above the fence panel / hedge so that would be the measurement.
It's one of those blue dress / gold dress things for me I fear. Thanks anyway.
They said she was unlikely to be in the water?

Then why the divers, boats, dogs etc today searching the water?
It's all they've got?

In all of the dog-walking posts on that account; Willow has a) been swimming and b) not wearing the harness.
In a lot of photos of Willow out and about/on walks she has a very yellow tennis ball - has there been any mention of finding a ball? Would/could it float in the river? It'd be quite spottable in mud/grass/field etc if left behind (if it was even taken on that day)

Video Retraces Nicola Bulleys last known journey

This walking video shows the movement on the map and actual view (albeit only from the angle of the camera) of NB's last known journey

Interesting to see some of the route not visible on google. I'm not sure it's showing the full route though NB took that day, as I've posted above based on previous strava info and the new timeline I think she got past the bench, did a loop and came back to it sometome soon after the 09:10 witness sighting.

I've just been catching up with the thread and here are a few thoughts:

One thing I've not seen mentioned is that in one of the pictures in this article, the tree by the bench has a sign on it that says "dogs must be kept on lead at all times". This doesn't eliminate the possibility that Willow was off the lead as I'm sure that not everyone follows the guidelines, but just thought that it might be worth flagging.
Missing mum said path was 'spooky' before vanishing without trace on dog walk

Sadly, I think the most likely scenario is that there was a tragic accident and she is in the river, but the mechanics are hard to get my head around.

The incline is steep but it's not a straight drop and looks to be almost separated in stages, so it wouldn't be a straightforward tumble if you lost your balance near the top. Unless she was already close to the very edge at the bottom, there would likely be skid marks or prints from her trying to brace with her hands as she rolled down.

It's possible that if she was listening to the work call she was doing what I do in those situations and pacing back and forth as she looked out across the river, holding the phone in her hand. If Willow was off the lead, perhaps as NB turned around Willow was underfoot and/or she lost her balance, flinging the phone out in front of her and falling down the bank.

An accidental fall is plausible IMO but the elements that would have to combine in such a short window to make this happen are a truly unfortunate series of events.

All JMO.

This case is so sad and I feel heartbroken for the family. Let's all hug our loved ones extra tight today.

Last edited:
Purely speculation - I wonder if

- NB has taken off harness so Willow could play
- Left phone on the bench as it’s within eyesight so not likely to be stolen,
- NB has either had to pick up Willow’s business down the bank, or Willow’s ball has rolled down the bank
- NB has gone down to pick it up, thrown it up towards the field, stepped backwards and lost footing, hurting her head in the process of falling into the water
- Willow hasn’t seen because was chasing the ball or in the field out of field of vision from down the bank.
-Willow hasn’t jumped in as she didn’t know what had happened

JMO and pure speculation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members