Found Deceased UK - Nicola Bulley Last Seen Walking Dog Near River - St Michaels on Wyre (Lancashire) #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That gives me hope that she is not in that river.
But for all we know Willow didn't swim, most springers love to swim but every dog is different, this last bit so I don't create false hope just because I can't let go.
edit to correct dog breed
There's photos on NB's fb lovely, Willow's a water baby

Last edited:
I keep thinking this, so I am asking it - what are the chances of being swept away all the way to sea which looks an hour plus away (by car speed no idea re river speed) ? and never being recovered.

I think the family need closure if not hope at this point <modsnip - not victim friendly>

Last edited by a moderator:
I am getting a much more sinister feeling if it's true the phone was found on the floor and the harness in a different place also on the ground and the dog was dry.

Assuming it wasn't a conscious act then the only possible reason I could see for her to even be right on the river edge would be either an injury to the dog or the dog in trouble.

It's all very confusing with the conflicting reports

<modsnip - not victim friendly>

I just really don't believe she is in the water. What if someone she regularly saw on walks has asked for her help urgently in finding lost dog etc, could she have gone with someone without thinking and then got into trouble. Something really doesn't sit right with me.

Last edited by a moderator:
<modsnip - not victim friendly>

I just really don't believe she is in the water. What if someone she regularly saw on walks has asked for her help urgently in finding lost dog etc, could she have gone with someone without thinking and then got into trouble. Something really doesn't sit right with me.
i hope this is the case actually and that they find her kidnapped / abducted but alive, that would be the best possible outcome in these circumstances as horrific as it is in itself.

Makes me so unsettled how one minute, one morning, and everything can break down - officially terrified of semi lonely walks now , not that I was brave to start with.

I’m not sure if you’d rationally have time for that if you felt it was an emergency for your dog tbh. If I felt my dogs were in real trouble in the water I wouldn’t even think about taking my shoes and coat off. I’d just want to get there and help them.
It's a tough call, clothing weights you down in water, and that's something I'm aware of, so I would remove them, but others may not. But it's how deep is the water, if it's not deep then I wouldn't, it's a tough one. But now someone posted the dog was bone dry, so she may not of even gone in the water

There's photos on NB's photos lovely, Willow's a water baby
and she has long hair on her ears, just like my Jamesey had and they would be dripping for ages after his swims.
It was part of the advice I received when I rescued him, to always make sure to dry his ears in an effort to prevent infection.. moist environment favours canker in some breeds.
Still with hope here.

What else provides hope, apart from the fact that the S&R people seem really professional and have been searching for some time already?

Anything real?

Moo

Diving guys have said that they spent 8 hours on Friday searching 1 mile up river, and 3 miles down -

"Kev said the team was contacted at around midday on Friday and he was at the search site within an hour, before they left at about 8pm.

"We probably searched a mile north upstream and then we probably searched probably three miles downstream," he explained. "We covered quite a bit.""

And that was Friday and they're obviously still searching. Where could she be if she were in the river? Would she not get stuck at the weir?

and she has long hair on her ears, just like my Jamesey had and they would be dripping for ages after his swims.
It was part of the advice I received when I rescued him, to always make sure to dry his ears in an effort to prevent infection.. moist environment favours canker in some breeds.
Still with hope here.

What else provides hope, apart from the fact that the S&R people seem really professional and have been searching for some time already?

Anything real?
Hollywood outcome that she slipped knocked her head got up with amnesia (temporary) wandered off and will come back in few days . sorry I dont have anything real hopefully other better sleuths do. I made the mistake of seeing her FB page and now I want her alive and well back with her daughters asap !!!

I am getting a much more sinister feeling if it's true the phone was found on the floor and the harness in a different place also on the ground and the dog was dry.

Assuming it wasn't a conscious act then the only possible reason I could see for her to even be right on the river edge would be either an injury to the dog or the dog in trouble.

It's all very confusing with the conflicting reports
I wonder if she was sitting on the bench removing the harness so Willow could paddle, Willow got exited and ran off with harness still partially on, NB chased Willow, NB slipped and Willow couldn’t get down where she fell? Then Willow managed to wiggle out her harness on her own? JMO

Hollywood outcome that she slipped knocked her head got up with amnesia (temporary) wandered off and will come back in few days . sorry I dont have anything real hopefully other better sleuths do. I made the mistake of seeing her FB page and now I want her alive and well back with her daughters asap !!!
I'll take it!

Willow was found dry.
I fail to imagine that Willow wouldn’t have gone in the water to try to be with Nicola if she fell in? It’s not like she was a dog who didn’t swim.
It doesn’t make sense.

Lots of dogs wouldn't jump off a high bank into the water, they like to wade i.e enter the water where it's shallow, then swim.

Although I've seen dogs jump from high banks into the Thames close to where I live, in the summer, I think a dog might find it confusing to see their owner in a river too, so might not necessarily follow them in.

You can see the police in waders in multiple videos

this article has one from a drone in the exact spot and the police are wading through next to the boat right where she was last
Thank you! It's good to get an idea of the depth at the area she potentially went in.

At about 2:01 in the video it shows the guy on the bank side of the boat up to about knee height, and the guy on the right hand side of the boat just below waist height. Interesting how much it changes over the space of a couple feet.

It's a tough call, clothing weights you down in water, and that's something I'm aware of, so I would remove them, but others may not. But it's how deep is the water, if it's not deep then I wouldn't, it's a tough one. But now someone posted the dog was bone dry, so she may not of even gone in the water
I just wouldn’t even think of it if either of my dogs were in trouble in the water but that’s just me. Certainly a bizarre case.

Just to clarify. Official confirmation that phone was found on the bench. From the Presser:

Reporter - Where was her mobile phone found?

Police - Mobile phone was found on a bench near the riverbank.
So strange that the people who claim to have found the phone say differently
I can't think of any reason for either party to deliberately lie and it seems odd that the newspaper would get it wrong

I'm stupmed
I think two days ago it was chaotic. I think more is coming out now.

Witness or People Who Were In Close Proximity

So these are all the people who have been mentioned so far as being in the area / proximity to where NB and Willow the dog were on their walk.

Witness One – Confirms seeing NB at 9:15am

Witness Two & Three – The anonymous friend of NB who gave this interview says she spoke with two people who believe they are the last people to see NB who laughed and joked with NB Nicola Bulley seen 'laughing and joking' moments before she vanished by river, says pal - Mirror Online

Witness Four – The unnamed business woman who recognised who Willow was and ‘tied her up’ who called her daughter in law who in turn knew who’s dog it was and alerted NB partner. Nicola Bulley: Passerby raised alarm after finding 'worried' dog alone and off leash - Mirror Online

Witness Five & Six – The same anonymous friend who accounts for Witness Two & Three, then says “two other dog walkers later came across her phone and recognised the screensaver photo”. She says these witnesses are a woman dog walker who walked through the gate onto the path, followed behind by a ‘gent’. Nicola Bulley seen 'laughing and joking' moments before she vanished by river, says pal - Mirror Online

Witness Seven – The key witness police sought, described as in his 70’s, white hair and well built Nicola Bulley: Police seek potential key witness in search for missing dog walker - Mirror Online

We do not know if Witness One knew or knew of NB.

We do not know if Witness Two & Three knew or knew of NB

We know that Witness Four recognised NB dog Willow, and Witness Four daughter in law knew NB and partner and had partner number/contact details of some sort in phone

We know that at least one of Witness Five & Six knew or knew of NB

We do not know if Witness Seven knew or knew of NB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members