Found Deceased UK - Nicola Bulley Last Seen Walking Dog Near River - St Michaels on Wyre (Lancashire) #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm relatively local. There's absolutely not an 18 foot underwater drop. I won't pretend to have the exact measurements, but you can stand up in that river (as evidenced by the photos of police wading through it that we've seen elsewhere in this thread). I have absolutely no idea where they've got that number from.
Are there any parts of the river with swampy floors?
It is very confusing.

Dark winter wear always makes a search that much more difficult, imo,

''Ernest said: "There was no sign of a slip or falling in so our thought was 'has somebody got her'? I asked the Sergeant from Fleetwood a few days ago, 'is there any chance of her being taken' and she said 'I don't think that's the case'. I said 'how can you know that?'" Dot said: "We picked the children up the Thursday before she went missing, as we do every Thursday. Nicola had had a meeting with her boss in Garstang and she said can you stay a bit later because I have an important client coming in on Zoom."

Dot also said she was "upbeat" and their last conversation was a kiss and "I love you." In a statement, her family said: "We have been overwhelmed by the support from our community and would like to thank everyone for their ongoing efforts to help us find Nicola.''

''At the time of her disappearance she was wearing a long black gilet jacket with a hood, black jeans and olive green ankle wellington boots''

Locking the screen on a phone doesn't effect anything you have open at the time, it all keeps running. You'd need to unlock the phone before you could interact with the teams meeting so makes sense that she was still connected
I assume PA must know the code to have unlocked the phone to know it was still connected

Maybe the police have information from the phone that is enabling them to say they don't suspect anyone else is involved
Does anybody know, these team meeting apps like Zoom etc Do you have to physically sign in to them on an unlocked phone/computer, or can it be in the case of a phone, that your phone is locked, in your pocket or on the table, and someone calls/invites you and you can just answer, without having to unlock the phone? Looking at if there is a way that if a 3rd party had the phone they could have answered at all and muted/turned camera off. (don't know if thats default setting on these apps)

Do you have a link please to the video. We don't know about erosion, the channel might always have been lower at that side of the river.

The reason I ask is that there was a sign saying DANGER DEEP WATER, nailed to the tree by the bench, and some facts would be useful.

St Michaels isn't, I believe, measured at the part in front of the bench.

JMO
I said earlier post we have those signs everywhere - even when its barely 1ft as its for small children who play.

The pools will get to 3-4ft on the corners and obviously in high tide its going to raise considerable amount.

Sky news broadcast part of it. The diver is on his knees and goes under but you can see the actual depth - this is the island right where bench is.

There was other video which I cant find where they were in front of the bench.

1675273306136.png

Apologies if this has already been discussed - too many posts to read in a thread this fast moving.

I feel completely differently if this is the case - that her phone and dog lead were found on the ground and not, as previously stated, 'placed' on the bench.

I'm relatively local. There's absolutely not an 18 foot underwater drop. I won't pretend to have the exact measurements, but you can stand up in that river (as evidenced by the photos of police wading through it that we've seen elsewhere in this thread). I have absolutely no idea where they've got that number from.
Perhaps they meant 18 inches & it got garbled somewhere along the line. That would match the 0.5 metres being quoted in other sources here.

I said earlier post we have those signs everywhere - even when its barely 1ft as its for small children who play.

The pools will get to 3-4ft on the corners and obviously in high tide its going to raise considerable amount.

Sky news broadcast part of it. The diver is on his knees and goes under but you can see the actual depth - this is the island right where bench is.

There was other video which I cant find where they were in front of the bench.

View attachment 399321
It's not a fact in this case though that this sign is for small children who play.

Where those divers are there is no sight of the bench or the slope, and the vegetation/branches sticking up in the middle of the river there does not resemble the place at the bottom of the slope where Nicola might have gone in. I think that is slightly further up the river nearer the mansion.

JMO

Does anybody know, these team meeting apps like Zoom etc Do you have to physically sign in to them on an unlocked phone/computer, or can it be in the case of a phone, that your phone is locked, in your pocket or on the table, and someone calls/invites you and you can just answer, without having to unlock the phone? Looking at if there is a way that if a 3rd party had the phone they could have answered at all and muted/turned camera off. (don't know if thats default setting on these apps)

No you need to either click the link in say your emails or calendar or dial in using a code. Most are password protected also so you need the password from the initial zoom invite. Not sure about teams but probably the same.

"her parents say there is no evidence of her falling into the river"
Unless, for whatever reason, she rolled down the bank into the water. That wouldn't show anything. JMO

It's not a fact in this case though that this sign is for small children who play.

Where those divers are there is no sight of the bench or the slope, and the vegetation/branches sticking up in the middle of the river there does not resemble the place at the bottom of the slope where Nicola might have gone in. I think that is slightly further up the river nearer the mansion.

JMO
Yes like I said its right of the bench where the island is - thats about 10m away.

I cant find the video I think its in a removed <modsnip> article. If I find it ill post it.This was the best I could post as it was from this same time the video was made when they were searching bit further up.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi, first time poster etc - but I've just spotted this in the Daily Mirror article (https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/missing-nicola-bulleys-parents-share-29104874):-

"Dot said: "Louise had just booked Ribby Hall because they both had spa vouchers, she had just sent Nicola the night before the treatments.

"Louise booked it on Friday morning and sent it to Nicola but she never got back to her. "They are very close."

Unless I'm reading that wrong, NB's sister booked a spa treatment for herself and NB and sent it to NB the night before, but NB never got back to her? If NB wasn't responding to messages the previous night, how sure should we be that any of her supposed movements on Friday morning are accurate?
Good point. Well spotted.

IIf someone was asking for help that needed you to cross the river wouldn't the first thing you'd do be to phone for help and then take your phone across with you

As a lone female I can't think of a situation in which I'd enter a body of water as a first resort unless a child was in danger and there were no parents there

I'm finding it hard to imagine. Jmoo
And she would probably taken coat and shoes off if going in the water to save the dog

New information here about how the dog was found Police hunting missing mum search river & perimeter of deserted house

Snipped for clarity -
Meanwhile, a business owner who raised the alarm about Ms Bulley's disappearance has spoken for the first time of the moment she came across her 'worried' dog by the side of a river.

The woman, who did not want be named, spotted brown springer spaniel Willow running free on the river bank on Friday morning.

She also found Nicola's mobile phone on a bench by the side of the river, under a tree which has a sign warning of deep water nailed to it.

Bizarrely, Willow was running free and the woman found the dog's harness on the floor next to the river.

She called her daughter-in-law who called Nicola's long-term partner Paul, who dialled 999.

The woman, who runs a business in picturesque St Michaels on Wyre, said she knew of Nicola and hoped nothing 'bad' had happened to her.

Speaking today, she said: 'I saw the dog and I recognised it, but I suddenly couldn't think whose dog it was.

'There was a mobile phone on the bench and there was also something between the bench and the river so I went and looked, and it was a dog harness.

'The dog looked worried so I tied her up and rushed home as I had to go to an appointment.

'I then went and spoke to my daughter-in-law and she immediately knew who the dog was, alerted the woman's partner and that was it - the police were on it.'
Well that makes more sense now. The harness being on the ground next to the river is what is making the Police think she went in the water, I imagine. JMO MOO. Also helps us understand why the Police were called quickly as it was all very bizarre. JMO MOO

While the conflicting reports about how and where the phone and harness etc were found are confusing, I still think it is more likely than not she has simple fallen in the water, I am sad to say.

If the police thought there was any reason to believe Nicola could have deliberately gone missing, we would have surely have had some manner of appeal directed at her

And if they thought there was a likelihood of third party involvement, you would have thought they would be casting a wider net with regard to asking people to report anything suspicious.

But they aren’t doing either of these things.

Which is upsetting because either of those alternatives offers a small shred of hope, while the more simple explanation that she has fallen in the river does not.

Wow, yet more contradictory statements! Now the phone wasn't on the bench, unless these people moved it there before the lady from the caravan site discovered it and tied Willow to the bench??

"She went on to say, the dog walker spotted Willow as she came through a gate onto the towpath but became suspicious when she saw the harness and lead on the floor.

A man then came through behind her with his dog and spotted the phone.

"The gent has looked on the floor and two feet from the bench there’s a phone," she said.
Oh that gives a totally different scenario. What was the phone doing on the ground away from the bench then?! JMO MOO

Yes like I said its right of the bench where the island is - thats about 10m away.

I cant find the video I think its in a removed <modsnip> article. If I find it ill post it.This was the best I could post as it was from this same time the video was made when they were searching bit further up.
1675274621905.png

Having watched videos, that 'island' where they were standing in the water is much further away than 10 metres. It's not even in shot in the bench photo, where they were not wading, they were in the boat.

1675274645660.png

Missing Nicola Bulley's dog was 'in an agitated state' when discovered

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads