Found Deceased UK - Nicola Bulley Last Seen Walking Dog Near River - St Michaels on Wyre (Lancashire) #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Anything I can do to help... it seems that 25 minutes is not a long time for any untoward activity given the amount of people in the area.

IMO The only possible scenarios are :

1. Silent Mental Health and voluntarily missing
2. Held in a local building/caravan
3. In River Slipped or Thrown
4. Abducted from the area in a vehicle

Phone data regards to GPS positioning will be vital, GPS data is accurate to 1 to 3 meters.

If the GPS data shows phone movements that are not within the norm then this should help investigators.

The police have a process and policy to follow for dealing with missing person cases.

Interviews with family are a part of this process... Police alike to all government Departments are required to follow Policy step by step unless they have other reasons.
Seem to be a really professional police force.
I'm very impressed.
Amazing coordination going on.
Great to see it.
I don't want her to be in the water..
I always fight with rivers when searching..
I end up hating them.
Bargaining with them to give up their secrets and cursing them when they do not.
In my mind they have spirits and some of those spirits are mean.
I was talking to a woman about a river near my home which claims a lot of lives and she told me she was near it one day and got a sudden idea that she should jump in. She had a big battle to stop herself and no history of depression or suicidal thoughts before or since..

I'm not seeing that in this case though..
I could see possibilities for a stalker, armed with a gun or a knife..
The dive crews were in the water within hours...
but I know how difficult it is to find somebody even in shallow water..

Like this case, Tamara Saukin, utterly tragic

As mentioned before by others Sky News are live there today; full coverage. You really get a sense of how big a story this has become, least of all for how utterly mysterious it seems and baffled everyone is. I hope the attention and coverage really helps in solving this.

You would leave the phone on the bench if for some reason you jumped up to get something in a rush or you felt it was safe to leave and had your AirPods in. I do it frequently. Best guess is she places the phone down to head towards the river bank and then falls in and is swept by the current. It’s around 3.6m/s.

Most likely, I’m afraid.

Walk a mile in my shoes springs to mind. He struck me as a guy just trying to hold it together in an unimaginably difficult situation.
I'd hate to be in his situation. In addition to the anxiety and stress of having a loved one disappear, I'd be worried about somehow getting it 'wrong' in front of the camera and causing people to people to assume that I was the culprit. A horrible situation all round.

I’ve jumped and submerged into open water that would likely be significantly warmer than the river would have been and the cold water shock literally took my breath away. Te strength of that immediate reaction really took me by surprise.

In my case it was planned and I was wearing a life vest but I was really taken aback by how immediate and all consuming the reaction was - your body does literally go into shock.

It’s very easy to think that oh the water isn’t that deep, she was a swimmer. But the impact of unexpectedly submerging in water that is only a few degrees C is really significant.
Most people don't realise this is what happens. Same if you go underneath you do the automatic gasp response (you cannot control it) and your lungs with with water. Doesn't mean NB ended up in the water but does help us understand she might still be found in the water in weeks to come. JMO MOO

Seem to be a really professional police force.
I'm very impressed.
Amazing coordination going on.
Great to see it.
I don't want her to be in the water..
I always fight with rivers when searching..
I end up hating them.
Bargaining with them to give up their secrets and cursing them when they do not.
In my mind they have spirits and some of those spirits are mean.
I was talking to a woman about a river near my home which claims a lot of lives and she told me she was near it one day and got a sudden idea that she should jump in. She had a big battle to stop herself and no history of depression or suicidal thoughts before or since..

I'm not seeing that in this case though..
I could see possibilities for a stalker, armed with a gun or a knife..
The dive crews were in the water within hours...
but I know how difficult it is to find somebody even in shallow water..

Like this case, Tamara Saukin, utterly tragic
It's strange I have felt that urge on occasion too & no ot been depressed or MH issue

We have no idea how accurate the witness accounts are. If it was at a distance and you were familiar with the dog, would you just assume it was NB? JMO MOO

I've tried to catch up with the thread and two possibilities spring to mind, could someone have feigned an accident & she jumped up to help that person, hence putting her phone down on the bench.
My second thought was that she didn't make it as far as the bench and someone else placed her phone there, maybe that person was then followed by the dog.
Or could it be the dog became separated from NB & then went looking for her, dogs will often head to places they have been to before and that they recognise

So now we have contradictory reports about the water level that day.

You’re right it is , however, the accountability nowadays, quite rightly so I may add, is such that as an SIO (senior investigative officer) in charge of the investigation, all different options MUST be explored and documented in the SIO’s Policy book.
Each decision / action taken has to be justified as to why and documented in the policy book and likewise, everything considered but not actioned at this time, must be documented and justified with the reasons why.
Also, the SIO as Gold Commander will have either a Detective Chief Inspector or a Detective Inspector as Silver command .
There will be 4 Detective Sargents and possibly 15/20 Detectives all working together as a team . Daily team briefings are held at 9am and 4pm daily and all ideas are encouraged by the SIO for all the staff to pitch in with ideas .
They will be working from 0800-2200 hrs daily in the first couple of weeks or so.
If after28 days, we are no further along, another SIO will come along to review the whole investigation to date and look at it with a fresh pair of eyes to ensure that nothing has been missed .
We are very structured in our approach to each Missing person / Suspicious Death/ Murder enquiry investigation.
This investigation will be no different and will be professionally run by a dedicated team and everything ( and I mean everything) will be documented.
This is relatively close to where I live and it’s the Police force area in which I reside. Although I was an SIO for Merseyside Police ( where Liverpool and Everton footbal clubs are based).
THANK YOU for this great insight. Really helpful. Very reassuring!

Just a little observation. It was reported Willow was found loose at the bench and the person who found her had to rush to an appointment so tied her up?
So did she put the harness and lead that was found near or on the bench back on the dog so the dog could be tied to the bench or fence? Not sure if this has been addressed. Just wondering how much the scene of her belongings has been changed before the police getting there.
JMO

according to news sources NB booked a playdate, 8.57, she sent a text message to a friend whose mortgage she had just recently signed off on to arrange for the girls to go for tea this week."
Within that short timescale she did a lot, email to boss, txt to friend & conference call,she certainly appears to have been very focused IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
neiljohnsavage