Found Deceased UK - Nicola Bulley Last Seen Walking Dog Near River - St Michaels on Wyre (Lancashire) #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yet she managed to email boss, arrange play date etc.
I don't think this is odd. She's a busy working mother and work commitments are different. She probably intended on replying to her sister later on. It may just be a case of not having enough time to get back to everyone? She may of even intended on ringing her sister about it. Imo.

I wonder if the area has lots of wildlife? The reason I ask is because my friend’s spaniel is obsessed with squirrels and if he spots one, will be transfixed by watching it dart around. Could Willow have been chasing a squirrel, NB couldn’t see Willow, so went to check for her down by the river and then slipped, hitting her head in the process? It would explain why Willow was dry, because she hadn’t actually seen NB fall in? I feel sure that Willow would have jumped in after NB if she’d seen her enter the water, as spaniels are intelligent, loyal and protective. So perhaps something had temporarily distracted Willow? Just a thought…
You make a very good point. We hadn't thought of squirrels. Thanks for sharing. JMO

The Majority of animals wouldn’t leave their owners so if she was in that water I don’t believe the dog then wandered off.

It also makes no sense if she fell in that after a week no body was located as the police were so quick to respond from my understanding.

Surprising she didn't get back to her sister about her Spa date but guess that was going to happen once she'd finished her work schedule for that period of time.
I don’t find it surprising. She’s a busy working mum and her sister was asking about spa treatments, as I understand. Maybe she wanted to have a good look through the treatment menu to decide what to book and was planning to do that when she had a few spare minutes later that day or had finished work. It wouldn’t have been a quick reply and would likely have needed thinking about- I think it’s normal not to respond to those sorts of messages straight away, certainly it isn’t unusual amongst my friend groups (working mums in our 40s).

Would it be possible the Police may have found signs/evidence at the scene (eg. clothing, Airpods) but don't want to release it in case the public come to the conclusion she accidentally fell into the river, and then subsequently dismiss the case as solved?

Because if there's any possibility she was pushed or put in the river by someone else, they'd still want people in the area to keep thinking about what they saw that day, and who they saw doing what.

Quite possibly. Re possibly being pushed in, you do get some argumentative dog walkers in the UK and if someone was angry and shoved someone else by a river you could potentially fall in. Just supposition. JMO MOO>

Could Nicola had felt threatened by someone that made her remove the dog's harness to make him more difficult to catch? Alternatively could someone have told her they've just found a dog and asked for the harness, or she offered it? They then asked her to help catch them, just beyond the gate...

But, kidnapping women is really rare, so I still think the answers are in the river. Why would someone kidnap her? The area was relatively well used, dragging her away to a car seems high risk. Even if someone she knew coaxed her away, they could have been seen. Ultimately I don't think she would have left Willow behind voluntarily.

JMO

Could Nicola had felt threatened by someone that made her remove the dog's harness to make him more difficult to catch? Alternatively could someone have told her they've just found a dog and asked for the harness, or she offered it? They then asked her to help catch them, just beyond the gate...

But, kidnapping women is really rare, so I still think the answers are in the river. Why would someone kidnap her? The area was relatively well used, dragging her away to a car seems high risk. Even if someone she knew coaxed her away, they could have been seen. Ultimately I don't think she would have left Willow behind voluntarily.

JMO
I agree she appears to have doted on Willow IMO

In all likelihood she fell into the river, however, it could have been some looney that attacked her on the walk and pushed her injured or dead into the river !

There was the case of Ashling Murphy in Ireland who was murdered at 4pm in broad daylight jogging along the canal somewhere in Ireland, people on the other side of the canal saw her being attacked but couldn't do anything, except shout at the murderer., There was that lady, Julia James, walking her dog who was also attached and murdered.

I know that a lot of people are considering why Willow wasn't wet and I suppose that could be for a variety of reasons. But as far as I'm aware dogs are very clever when it comes to water and generally don't go in where they recognise danger... eg. it being too deep, a long way to jump in, something in the water etc. So if Nicola had fallen in, drowned, or even gone in of her own will... I don't believe that Willow would have followed regardless if she thought it wasn't safe. Or if the water is the 15-18ft we've been hearing about, Nicola could have just fallen in, gone under and couldn't get back up bc of either clothing, something in the river itself or the coldness shock and Willow wouldn't have seen her again... also signifying danger to her. So I don't think the "but Willow was dry" thing is a lot to go off of.
Springers are swimmers! The deeper the better, their fear would be of shallow, not deep enough.

Were there any signs of her slipping from the top of the bank, or any signs of a struggle, dragging etc? Maybe she went down to the bottom of the bank, for some reason, and just fell in though.

Also, would it have been possible to track her phone movements via gps? To see what route her phone took to get back to the bench. Not sure if this has already been answered, I'm still catching up on the thread.

JMO
the friend on sky news said Nicola would normally remove Willow's harness at the start of a dog walk

Were there any signs of her slipping from the top of the bank, or any signs of a struggle, dragging etc? Maybe she went down to the bottom of the bank, for some reason, and just fell in though.

Also, would it have been possible to track her phone movements via gps? To see what route her phone took to get back to the bench. Not sure if this has already been answered, I'm still catching up on the thread.
yes, the police would have done this plus gathered all sorts of other info from her phone

Agree - I would not just leave a dog loose if there was no apparent owner.

This happened to me once before - I stayed with the dog, tried to calm it, waited 10 mins, no sign of the owner, so I took her in, made a make-shift lead and took her to the nearest lost dogs centre (where she was later reclaimed). As a dog-lover I wouldn't leave her, or tie her to a bench. Tying her to a bench would be even worse than leaving her, because what if the owner was calling the dog out of sight? The dog would then not be able to get back to their owner.
Apparently after finding Willow the witness phoned her daughter who then phoned NB's partner. Perhaps it was his suggestion that she leave the dog tied up as he was leaving immediately and on his way to the scene? Not that I'm aware the witness said she was asked to do it of course, JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3