Found Deceased UK - Nicola Bulley Last Seen Walking Dog Near River - St Michaels on Wyre (Lancashire) #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Confused by that press conference, they say they’ve ruled out her leaving the area but then also seemed to apply they need more footage of one of the exits

Does seem v likely in the river tho
Because they are sure on their hypothesis that she has accidentally fallen into the river, they want more footage to prove this hypothesis, without Nicola there is no way to be sure of what has happened

But how and why is still the big ????? Still no clearer for me .

It is logical because the river bank is right next to where her belongings were found and also where the dog was found. The bank is steep and if she rushed to check her dog it is easily conceivable she lost her footing and slipped into the river.

Wellies fill up with water if you fall in.

They become heavy when full of water that it is very hard to swim.

IT is also impossible to get them off while in the water because a vaccum can form under the foot.

We are now aware the river was faster and deeper than first appreciated.

The police it seems shard this view.

It may take some time for her to be discovered.

I agree. I wonder how quickly they obtained the Fitbit data, perhaps they have always had an inkling early on that she went in the water.
Yes.. you’re right they will have the information which could indicate that.. so strange and such a terrible thing for family and friends to be going through

That was one of the most powerful and thorough police pressers I have ever witnessed.
What an amazing officer!
Her eyes are so beautiful and intelligent.
Come what may, Nicola is in the best possible hands and so is that community.
Utter RESPECT!

I’m new here but have been following the case. Just watched the press conference. It does sadly look like she went into the river. How is a big question. I just wanted to add I do open water swimming at this time of the year it really does take your breath away even when you are expecting it. It also makes your body feel heavy and like you are swimming through treacle until you warm up a bit. Added the fact she had an ankle length gilet on that would weigh you down a bit. I find the Fitbit interesting my Apple Watch he tracks my swims and heart rate etc .would a Fitbit do the same ? So they may be able to trace her through that? This is all just my thoughts and opinions. Very sad for her family

So the last actual sighting was at 9.10. Phone was on bench at 9.20 identified via digital means rather than being seen. Dog found at 9.30 so there is a 20 min gap not 10 as being reported or have I got this wrong?

Police are now officially saying they think it was an accident. Personally, I think the dog got exited by birds or whatever down by the water, and Nicola went down to retrieve it, maybe stepped on the lead, got tangled up and sadly went in.

''Giving an update on the search for the missing dog walker at a press conference, Superintendent Sally Riley said the case “is not suspicious but a tragic case of a missing person”.

''Missing Nicola Bulley vanished in a 10-minute window, police believe.
Superintendent Sally Riley told the press conference that the last confirmed sighting of her took place at 9.10am that day where she was seen on Upper Field walking her dog.
Her dog was off the lead which was normal, the superintendent added.
At 9.20am police believe her phone was on a bench while connected to a work Teams meeting, which ended 10 minutes later.
Ms Riley said: “We only have a 10-minute window in which we cannot account for Nicola’s movements.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smash5070