Found Deceased UK - Nicola Bulley Last Seen Walking Dog Near River - St Michaels on Wyre (Lancashire) #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Recalling a time when I was in my teenage years, I fell into a local river and was carried down stream fairly quickly, I managed to get out but my shoes were gone within minutes, I’m surprised nothing has been found, I wonder if Willow ran off NB went after her which explains the mobile being left and NB entered the river at a different point away from the bench.JMO

I’m new here but have been following the case. Just watched the press conference. It does sadly look like she went into the river. How is a big question. I just wanted to add I do open water swimming at this time of the year it really does take your breath away even when you are expecting it. It also makes your body feel heavy and like you are swimming through treacle until you warm up a bit. Added the fact she had an ankle length gilet on that would weigh you down a bit. I find the Fitbit interesting my Apple Watch he tracks my swims and heart rate etc .would a Fitbit do the same ? So they may be able to trace her through that? This is all just my thoughts and opinions. Very sad for her family
It depends what fitbit, most if not all of the current ones are waterproof, she may have an older model that isn't and that may skew the findings from data that gets sent to the phone.

Edit to add - I'm not sure how far you have to be from your phone before it stops sending data too.

Last edited:
But how and why is still the big ????? Still no clearer for me .
I just find it strange no item of clothing or trace has been found in the water yet (that we know of) (meaning a hat if she had one on which would surely have come off if this was the case!) it doesn’t look like a fast flowing river either but I’m not local so only going by what others who are have said about it.

Maybe some medical episode led to the fall into the river or a bang to the head as she fell rendered her unconscious. Since the police woman said she could swim. Maybe she was caught underneath on some brambles. So sad.

Police are now officially saying they think it was an accident. Personally, I think the dog got exited by birds or whatever down by the water, and Nicola went down to retrieve it, maybe stepped on the lead, got tangled up and sadly went in.

Terrible for the family. I hope, if she is in the water, that she is found soon.

My question is how do they know it was placed on the bench at 9:20, no mention of a witness, I think?
What about leaving near the caravan park, you could likely get through avoiding cctv?
I’m still not sure, especially as they have not eliminated leaving via Garstang Lane

Recalling a time when I was in my teenage years, I fell into a local river and was carried down stream fairly quickly, I managed to get out but my shoes were gone within minutes, I’m surprised nothing has been found, I wonder if Willow ran off NB went after her which explains the mobile being left and NB entered the river at a different point away from the bench.
Exactly.. I’ve just posted similar thoughts about nothing being found which seems odd :)

so sad to hear the press conference, I feel awful for Nicola and her family. Life can change in the blink of an eye in the most normal of circumstances.
I’m going to sign off here for the weekend. Take care all. X

The real time walk video on this link traces her exact footsteps.

While it looks very deserted on the path, there is also not really easy access for someone to get away or to hide a body if she had been attacked.

Coming to the bench you see the water there looks relatively low, so don't see how even if she had slipped she could have been dragged under

But how do we know they are her exact footsteps. Are there witnesses that saw her leave her house. All we know is a piece of technology she owned took that path regularly. Did she take that path the day she disappeared?

It is logical because the river bank is right next to where her belongings were found and also where the dog was found. The bank is steep and if she rushed to check her dog it is easily conceivable she lost her footing and slipped into the river.

Wellies fill up with water if you fall in.

They become heavy when full of water that it is very hard to swim.

IT is also impossible to get them off while in the water because a vaccum can form under the foot.

We are now aware the river was faster and deeper than first appreciated.

The police it seems shard this view.

It may take some time for her to be discovered.
Yeah, I think many underestimate how difficult it is to swim with a basic layer of clothes on, let alone boots and big jackets etc, even if you're competent in the water. Add the fact it was cold so they'd be a shock factor and the panic of falling in, it suggests this is the most likely scenario.

My question is how do they know it was placed on the bench at 9:20, no mention of a witness, I think?
What about leaving near the caravan park, you could likely get through avoiding cctv?
I’m still not sure, especially as they have not eliminated leaving via Garstang Lane
As they explained in the presser, they know it through telephony data.

I was screaming ask if she had headphones in, I assume not though as police would have said when describing what items they were asking people to look out for. I also wished someone had asked if she was visibly seen at the bench.

So, the 10 minute window - 9:20am they say wasn’t by a witness but phone movement essentially? I regularly stalk my 12 year old on find my app and it does show where she is and when she is walking it moves, it’s impressive. BUT, if there was foul play at play here and Nicola had her phone in her hand when an altercation happened and the phone was placed on bench not by her that’s a bigger window for foul play. Saying that if, as they say the phone was on the bench and she was listening in to the teams call surely the phone would be still. So what they are saying is there was constant movement of phone up to 9:20am then nothing. Phone placed on bench, incident occurred, dog found roaming area at 9:35 but no sign of NB in water and dog never followed. No, I can’t shake the feeling. Was she even at that bench the lack of evidence of this worries me honestly this is so strange and garstang exit must hold the key, imo.

Sorry that’s probably a massive ramble.

Last edited:
Suspected she might have fallen into the river, but I'd hoped desperately that she would be found safe. Seems like that's what the police are suggesting now. The abduction theory didn't really make much sense to me as someone somewhere would have seen something. Just awful for her poor family and two children, can't imagine the pain. I hope she is found at the very least.

Maybe some medical episode led to the fall into the river or a bang to the head as she fell rendered her unconscious. Since the police woman said she could swim. Maybe she was caught underneath on some brambles. So sad.
She was also wearing wellies and an ankle length gilet/jacket. If water flooded into the wellies that would make her feet more difficult to move and the jacket would also restrict leg movement. Add to the natural shock of the cold and flow of the water and it wouldn't take long to have you in big trouble IMO.

Last edited:
Phone GPS I believe for the time on the bench.

I’ve just posted the same!

Exactly.. I’ve just posted similar thoughts about nothing being found which seems odd :)
She’s seems like a pretty fit individual and to be carried downstream seems unlikely. The river is not that wide and if she did fall in I feel like she could get out or grab hold of foliage, tree branches etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro