Found Deceased UK - Nicola Bulley Last Seen Walking Dog Near River - St Michaels on Wyre (Lancashire) #5

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Personally I find the phone on the bench the most interesting piece of information. To me it implies one of the following took place:

1. She was about to do something near the river but didn't want her phone to fall in. The bench looks like the only place to put your phone other than the ground.

2. She was already sitting on the bench and was suddenly distracted, leaving it behind.
Yes, me too. During the police conference LE said the dog was off the leash. Maybe the dog was near the river, chasing something, she jumped up to get the dog and somehow, too close to the river fell in????

<modsnip - quoted post removed>

The woman, who runs a business in picturesque St Michaels on Wyre, said she knew of Nicola and hoped nothing 'bad' had happened to her. Speaking yesterday, she said: "I saw the dog and I recognised it, but I suddenly couldn't think whose dog it was.

"There was a mobile phone on the bench and there was also something between the bench and the river so I went and looked, and it was a dog harness. The dog looked worried so I tied her up and rushed home as I had to go to an appointment.

"I then went and spoke to my daughter-in-law and she immediately knew who the dog was, alerted the woman's partner and that was it - the police were on it."

The business owner added: "I know of her and her partner because I walk around the river a lot to pass the time. I always say morning to them or comment on how it's a lovely day but that's all.

"It's just awful, I hope to God that it's not a bad outcome."

Last edited by a moderator:

The woman, who runs a business in picturesque St Michaels on Wyre, said she knew of Nicola and hoped nothing 'bad' had happened to her. Speaking yesterday, she said: "I saw the dog and I recognised it, but I suddenly couldn't think whose dog it was.

"There was a mobile phone on the bench and there was also something between the bench and the river so I went and looked, and it was a dog harness. The dog looked worried so I tied her up and rushed home as I had to go to an appointment.

"I then went and spoke to my daughter-in-law and she immediately knew who the dog was, alerted the woman's partner and that was it - the police were on it."

The business owner added: "I know of her and her partner because I walk around the river a lot to pass the time. I always say morning to them or comment on how it's a lovely day but that's all.

"It's just awful, I hope to God that it's not a bad outcome."

Yet the dog was not found tied up

I think it could be as simple as this, the dog was thirsty, went to get a drink from the river, she couldn't get back up the bank, Nicola put her phone down went to help Willow but couldn't grab her properly as she had no harness on, so had to push her up from the back then maybe she has toppled backwards into the river and couldn't get out unfortunatley, she might of tried to stand up but it was too deep and the weight of her clothes has pulled her down, her little wellies filled up with water and the weight of her gilet, jmho.
Willow wasnt in the water though and was bone dry

It appears the Allotment Lane has farm signs advising dogs must be on lead and looks similar to the tree sign. So keen are they that there’s two signs about dogs and livestock. Is that why the dog was tied up.
Did the dog wear a collar in addition to the harness? I am thinking it must have done for the finder to have secured the dog- I am a dog owner and harnesses, u less you know them, can be tricky to fathom out!

So, the dog was running from the bench and the gate and found by the caravan park owner and she tied it up? How? Did willow have a collar on in addition to the harness or did she have to put the harness back on (which isn’t easy and can take a lot of time if you don’t know how to do it)?

So, the dog was running from the bench and the gate and found by the caravan park owner and she tied it up? How? Did willow have a collar on in addition to the harness or did she have to put the harness back on (which isn’t easy and can take a lot of time if you don’t know how to do it)?
I think these are the questions police are holding back on.
It was NOT one dog walker that found everything, like a game of cluedo - phone, dog, leash

the dog was reported day 3 tied up near the caravan park.
The lady said she had to 'go to an appointment'
<modsnip>

Nobody has clearly stated how the dog was tied, or even if it was tied up.

Just weird there wasn’t a slip mark anywhere, or that there was and it’s been missed? I’ve landed on my backside v many times, am v clumsy and on grass there’s always a smeary landing spot - hands, bum, feet, elbows etc
One point of entry to the river where there would be no marks would be the shingle beach area on the edge of the furthest away field.

one of my best friends Chris Brahney died in similar circumstances in Manchester - he was drunk and possibly intentional (I’ll never know) these cases hurt.

<modsnip>

From my experience with Chris, you know the news is not going to be good.. but you cling onto hope.
I remember him. I think we even had a thread for him on here. As a regular gig go-er I related to his case a lot. As soon as water is suggested I think everyone’s stomachs always drop.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cold case momma