Found Deceased UK - Nicola Bulley Last Seen Walking Dog Near River - St Michaels on Wyre (Lancashire) #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
All very vague after you state you have "chills" and it "changes things" for you then you decline to elaborate further.
Well yes. Because thats my opinion and offers nothing to this forum so I’m not going to elaborate. I’ve not read that list before and a lot of peoples questions/confusion will have been answered, especially around the dog. For me it created a question. Im not trying to be mysterious or vague for attention I’m just not adding speculation. There is already too much circulating.

Red Coat followed by Yellow Coat, both of which draw a blank. Women who would hardly have to be identified on national TV given they are local and like everyone else, eager to help. What is the purpose of this, identifying women on a national forum who are well known locally and very happy to come forward?
<modsnip - not LE friendly>

Red Coat followed by Yellow Coat, both of which draw a blank. Women who would hardly have to be identified on national TV given they are local and like everyone else, eager to help. What is the purpose of this, identifying women on a national forum who are well known locally and very happy to come forward?

have the police said that the yellow coat woman didnt help? you have a point though some would be local police and local searchers etc are there. Surely someone would have known her?

I don’t have access to the online British Newspaper Archive however it would be interesting to find out just how many accidental drownings have occurred along this stretch of water over many years and why these occurred.
It would, but BNA material is paywalled, so not allowed to be linked here.

An 11 year old boy drowned in the Wyre at St Michael's in the summer of 1945, 200 yards east of the bridge (so very close to where NB is thought to have disappeared). At the inquest there was speculation that recent floods might have affected the river bed, creating deep spots. The boy's body was found within a few hours, entangled in underwater barbed wire (wartime defences).

This was reported in the Lancashire Evening Post 21st July 1945 (paywalled on BNA). I know of the case as he was a member of my own family.

Not sure if this has been posted yet.

screenshot_20230205_001555-jpg.1936429

#7 is called the "deep hole" where the bench is. From this website: St. Michaels Angling Association – Fishing Club in Lancashire

I find it very interesting that those who think she did not drown because Willow would have followed her in the water. Ignore their own logic about Willowing following Nicola when it comes to her being abducted.

- If she was taken to the Caravan Park - Willow will be found there.
- If she was abducted and taken to where a car was parked Willow will be found outside the woodlands area

Why is it that Willow was spotted at the last known place where Nicola was assumed to have been, by the bench by the river? The answer is simple because that's where Willow last saw Nicola before she tragically drowned.

All this + CCTV evidence not picking her up exiting the park leads to only one conclusion. The sad bit is that even if her body is found in the river we will still have conspiracy theorists argue that her body was deliberately dumped in the river to cover up her murder and make it look like a drowning.

Nicola Bulley's partner holds onto hope she'll be found alive

New daily mail article with Lancashire Police Superintendent Sally Riley speaking to the sunday times stating the following:

'there is 'no evidence of a slip or fall' in the area at the centre of the investigation.'

'I think if it had been a sloping bank, a commonsense view would be that you would expect to find scuff marks.'

'If it is sheer and you lose your footing, you might not have any marks left on the grass. All of that has been subjected to a detailed search.'

'Supt Riley said on the balance of probabilities, it is 'highly unlikely' criminal activity took place in such a tiny window of time which is currently unaccounted for.'

`She said: 'This is a low-crime area. It's genuinely a safe, tight-knit area, people look out for each other. A third-party [being] involved that we haven't yet had sightings of, we haven't caught on CCTV or dash-cam or all the other things I've mentioned, is just not likely.'

<modsnip - no more than 10% of an article may be copied>

Last edited by a moderator:
I find it very interesting that those who think she did not drown because Willow would have followed her in the water. Ignore their own logic about Willowing following Nicola when it comes to her being abducted.

- If she was taken to the Caravan Park - Willow will be found there.
- If she was abducted and taken to where a car was parked Willow will be found outside the woodlands area

Why is it that Willow was spotted at the last known place where Nicola was assumed to have been, by the bench by the river? The answer is simple because that's where Willow last saw Nicola before she tragically drowned.

All this + CCTV evidence not picking her up exiting the park leads to only one conclusion. The sad bit is that even if her body is found in the river we will still have conspiracy theorists argue that her body was deliberately dumped in the river to cover up her murder and make it look like a drowning.
But Willow couldn‘t have followed if she was tied up. Or she did follow and went back to the bench (or was taken back) and was tied up. It’s all a bit unclear when/how this part happened with the dog.

I think the family’s stance that they don’t believe she fell into the river is understandable. Because if they accept that, she has died after all this time. Clinging onto an abduction theory gives them the hope she may still be able to be found alive.

And that includes people on WS who are not just accepting what the police say as gospel.

Regarding these witnesses, I do think ‘didn’t see Nicola’ could easily be ‘didn’t notice Nicola’ So not definite.

The lady who first found Willow and tied her up has In JMO given LE plenty of things which should be able corroborate her account.

-phone records to show exactly when she called her daughter in law
-proof of appointment (and when it was made)
- exact details of how she tied Willow up. Did she use Willows lead? Did she use the harness? Was Willow wearing a collar? If there was a collar did it have contact details on it
?
-if there were contact details on collar why not call those instead of daughter-in-law ?

The lady who first found Willow and tied her up has In JMO given LE plenty of things which should be able corroborate her account.

-phone records to show exactly when she called her daughter in law
-proof of appointment (and when it was made)
- exact details of how she tied Willow up. Did she use Willows lead? Did she use the harness? Was Willow wearing a collar? If there was a collar did it have contact details on it
?
-if there were contact details on collar why not call those instead of daughter-in-law ?
These would have been easy to investigate and maybe the witness was ruled out quite early on, the only thing that is in doubt is the sequence of events and everybody is different in how we deal with these things.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3