Found Deceased UK - Nicola Bulley Last Seen Walking Dog Near River - St Michaels on Wyre (Lancashire) #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It can’t be ruled out.

Whilst these occupancies are rare, they have happened.

And given that Nikki knew the area and river bank well, coupled with the fact it was wet and slippery, would she really have put herself in danger on account of a ball or small wild animal? After all, she was savvy and intelligent, and aware that dangers lurked - such as when she posted months earlier that it was spooky during the fog.
So she wasn’t daft.

Is it only the friend who has released these images, or LE?

This outfit is quite unlike the one the police described, to the best of my recollection. Did NB get changed before her walk?
I don't know if she'd have had time to change after dropping the kids off - as you say, this outfit is not really quite as described by the police is it? The 'gilet' they described is non-existent (usually these are sleeveless). And she's not wearing 'tight black jeans' but leggings, clearly. Even the coat is not as long as they described. I find this very interesting and a bit worrying because obviously it's important that the description of her is correct.

Last edited by a moderator:
Why did the police think she was wearing an ankle-length quilted jacket, a branded waist length coat underneath, when she wasn’t wearing these at all. I’m presuming her partner told police exactly what Nikki was wearing? But she wasn’t wearing them looking at the images. Maybe he was mistaken, but it’s very detailed.

The jacket she’s wearing in the images looks like an anorak type coat with a hood, and is easy to distinguish between an ankle length quilted gillet.

Maybe that’s what she always wore and he presumed she was wearing those when she left?
She is wearing a knee length black gilet over another coat. The sleeves are from another dark jacket type coat underneath.

The only thing they go wrong was the length of it.

I’m sure in many retailers coat descriptions of ankle length are anywhere from the knee to the ankle, but when it’s a police description and key to visuals and memory I’d expect ankle length to mean ankle length.

Now it’s quite possible she had another in the car for the walk, as driving with an actual ankle length coat might be annoying.

If you put ankle length gilet into google look at the first images it shows you,all ankle length gilet that go down to the ankles not that finish at the waist or just a bit lower. I think though it possibly is a style though but not an expert on these things. IMO
ankle length gilet - Google Search
If I click the link none of these are to the ankles??? They are all just past the knees or mid shin.

I'm really confused why people are so focused on the gilet. Odds are she probably drove in the coat (the engelbert straus coat described by the police), then put the gilet over the top when she left to walk.

When I walk my dog I usually leave the house in my hoody as I'm just walking to the car, then put my big coat on when I park up and start the walk.

Edit: Looking at NB Facebook page, there's lots of images of her wearing a black engelbert strauss coat with a hood. It has blue stitching. It looks as close to the cctv images as can be determined from low quality images. I won't link them here as the photos also have other family members in.

Last edited:
Doesn’t us discussing the length and the definition of gilets prove how important it is to be very specific about items of clothing local people are to be on the look out for.
I wonder if they’ve taken the word of someone else as to what she was wearing instead of seeing for themselves before publicising it.

Why would he ring the phone when he's just been told that the phone has been found but Nicky isn't with it? I'm not sure I'd ring in that situation, I'd be more concerned about getting to the riverbank

JMO
I didn’t even question that.

I asked if he called Nikki prior to hearing she’d gone missing as IMO it sounded like she was late arriving home. I could be wrong, but as she left home before 8:30am to drop the girls at school then walk Willow, I’d imagine she’d have got back home by around 10:00am or so.

That’s just me guessing, but as a dog Walker it’s quite unusual to take your dog on a two hour-plus walk in the morning, especially when it’s cold and damp and you’ve work to do at home. She’s a mother with a home to run including a job, and a two-plus hour dog walk in the morning eats into your time.

Doesn’t us discussing the length and the definition of gilets prove how important it is to be very specific about items of clothing local people are to be on the look out for.
I wonder if they’ve taken the word of someone else as to what she was wearing instead of seeing for themselves before publicising it.
Yea, where did the initial clothing description come from?

It would be important to me. If someone said look out for someone wearing an ankle length coat, I’d discard anyone wearing a knee length coat. Different here of course, but it’s finer details that might help.

Great point and something I only just realised today, I am still confused by the timeline and timings myself, the police time line goes from 9:35 to 10:50 …that’s over an hour. what exactly was happening in that time. Was Paul down there soon after 9:35 and searching himself? We’re the police called and it took them until 10:50 to send an officer or team out? Or did it take the dog walkers from 9:30 to 10:50 to finally get the call across to Paul that the dog was alone and Nikkis phone was left there.

The fact the woman who first tied up willow has been omitted from the official time has really confused me also. It does not make sense why she is not included and at what time she found the dog and tied her up, she was the first person to realise something was amiss. The police are focused on a ‘10 minute window’ between the last sighting in the field and the phone+dog being found at the bench. but very little to explain what was happening at the bench/river between 9:35 and 10:50

Exactly this. The period between 09:35 and 10:50 is horribly confusing and yet so crucial.

Description of that outfit in the Telegraph today is markedly different and looks far nearer the mark (JMO):
<modsnip - copy/paste content from paywalled article not allowed>
Surely LE need to release some pictures of her from the walk, because this description is clearly different from the one they asked people to look out for.

Do they actually have as much info/footage as they were making it sound like they had?

If you look on NB's own facebook page, there are photos of her in the gilet and it's clear she's wearing the same one in the CCTV images, there's also photos of her wearing the wellies with green socks and jeans/leggings tucked in. They are the sort of wellies that are short and look a bit like chelsea boots, but definitely welly material.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmjordan75