Found Deceased UK - Nicola Bulley Last Seen Walking Dog Near River - St Michaels on Wyre (Lancashire) #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
His business is searching, not finding, ultimately he has ruled out miles of river where NB is not. He is offering a service in addition to what the Police can do. I'm sure there will always be a disclaimer and never a guarantee. That's why it's called fishing and not catching!
Hasn't he also ruled-out her going into the river and her being swept into the sea?
-

Telegraph: "The alarm was raised when a local business owner found the springer spaniel, called Willow, running free beside the River Wyre in the village of St Michael’s on Wyre more than an hour later. (emphasis mine) She then discovered 45-year-old Ms Bulley's phone, which was still logged in to a conference call, on a bench in the village and recognised her from the family photo used as her background. (emphasis mine) (it's often been reported she recognised the dog but couldn't remember the owner until later speaking with her daughter)
Not sure how they knew it was still logged in to a call (unless this is an after the event / summary comment) as it was said the phone was locked and on a screensaver but she didn’t recognise that either … so at what point and who unlocked the phone to discover it was still logged in to a call is another question …

Telegraph: "The alarm was raised when a local business owner found the springer spaniel, called Willow, running free beside the River Wyre in the village of St Michael’s on Wyre more than an hour later. (emphasis mine) She then discovered 45-year-old Ms Bulley's phone, which was still logged in to a conference call, on a bench in the village and recognised her from the family photo used as her background. (emphasis mine) (it's often been reported she recognised the dog but couldn't remember the owner until later speaking with her daughter)
The same Telegraph article states the following....
The last person to see Ms Bulley before she went missing said she had seemed “completely normal”. The man, who has spoken to police, saw her as she began her walk at 9.15am

His wife said they would see her on the same stretch of the river most days while they exercised their dogs, telling The Times: “In the field there were about three people, including my husband. He said there was nothing unusual about her and she seemed completely normal.”

A few things jump out about the Telegraph article
1. NB started her walk at 9.15?
2. Who is the Man?
3. Is his wife, who is quoted in the excerpt above, The person who tied up Willow the Dog?
4. Where was the above Woman when she could see 'about three people, including her Husband'?

Apologies if this has already been discussed... been out all day and trying to catch up.
The latest Lancashire police presser states that the abandoned house across the river has been searched. Yet a FB update on Nicola's friend Tilly Ann's page today states the derelict house hasn't been searched. Are they talking about the same house or a different one?
So who to believe, the investigating police force or a family friend ?

I Wonder if the police have looked into all the mortgages she’s arranged? With rates etc going crazy, perhaps some person has been stretched beyond their means, lost their home and has blamed bad advice?

Highly unlikely I know, but so is every other scenario

Apologies if this question has already been raised, with regard to the lady who was first on the scene, it was she who tied up the dog and then left for an appointment not contacting her daughter in law 'til later? I keep wondering why she wouldn't have taken the contact info off Willow's metallic identity disc that was attached to the harness (as seen in pictures). As I understand it she was out walking, but as a business owner I would have thought she'd have a mobile phone on her and she could have called the owner direct?
Probably didn't think it's owner was far away and no reason to think it was urgent. She may have been in a hurry also as she had an appointment to go to.

Apologies if this has already been discussed... been out all day and trying to catch up.
The latest Lancashire police presser states that the abandoned house across the river has been searched. Yet a FB update on Nicola's friend Tilly Ann's page today states the derelict house hasn't been searched. Are they talking about the same house or a different one?

and FBook quickly goes into the msm

'It comes as a close family friend of the missing mother-of-two, Tilly Ann, today urged police to search an abandoned house and surrounding outbuildings a short distance from the river. In an updated Facebook post, she wrote: 'The abandoned house and outbuildings etc have not yet been searched as it is not currently a crime investigation!!!!!! (This should have been done straight away!).''

read on:

seven days previously:

'Last night's presser Superintendent Riley said they have searched local abandoned empty, under renovation properties with owners' permissions. ( Each property was not specified)

Last edited:
Could the woman who tied the dog to the bench have maybe heard it barking, or seen it running around, because that area borders the caravan park. Then because she had a meeting just tied it up as a temporary thing. Dogs do run away from their owners, so she might have just assumed it was something like that. Then despite seeing the phone maybe she just didn't let go of her earlier assumption because she was in a hurry.

This account contradicts her initial statement that she "suddenly couldn't remember who the owner was." (Suddenly? What an odd choice of words!) I'm mindblown that this witness dashed off to an appointment and didn't alert ANYONE to the presence of a loose dog and an unattended mobile phone (especially under the circumstances) until after her appointment. I just can't get my head around that. And it does mean that the supposed '10-minute window' is potentially an hour longer than that, especially if NB was secreted somewhere nearby (say, for example, because the approaching witness was heard coming down the footpath). It just doesn't sit right with me, MOO.

(Link to initial report and the "suddenly" comment - Nicola Bulley: Shop owner 'found missing woman's dog running free and phone on bench')
Recognising someone in a picture isn’t the same as remembering their name. This stuff doesn’t ring alarm bells for me because of past experience, I know people who don’t have experience with the media often just spout stream of consciousness stuff when they first speak to them.

If you got a family member to recount something out of the ordinary that happened they’d be all over the place telling you about it in a non-linear way that kind of changed. We don’t notice it as much in everyday conversation, but in writing it’s noticeable. This is what this lady sounds like to me.

No.
The 10 minute window concerns the time from when phone was placed ON the bench and the end of the 930 call. She should have logged out, she did not, something was wrong.
The window remains unchanged.
Returns to bench 9.20am, places phone on bench but failed to log out of team call at 9.30am.
First witness comes along at 9.33am.

Police did not discuss this further and I presume their rationale was to protect witness 933 from social media abuse.

That is my understanding, does not alter the window in any way at all.
Police are concerned for their witnesses.
Probably discussed earlier, but how is it known that the phone was placed on the bench at 08.20 and not earlier ?

No.
The 10 minute window concerns the time from when phone was placed ON the bench and the end of the 930 call. She should have logged out, she did not, something was wrong.
The window remains unchanged.
Returns to bench 9.20am, places phone on bench but failed to log out of team call at 9.30am.
First witness comes along at 9.33am.

Police did not discuss this further and I presume their rationale was to protect witness 933 from social media abuse.

That is my understanding, does not alter the window in any way at all.
Police are concerned for their witnesses.

And thank heavens for that. Honestly, the amount of judgement and side-eyeing aimed at this poor woman is shocking.

To clarify, the witness being in a hurry to dash off may mean that NB was in the vicinity (hidden either through choice - the witness sounds like someone NB might avoid due to the oft-mentioned battles with locals around off-lead dogs - or by coercion) and was therefore not spotted by the witness...

This would then mean that the 'window' stretches all the way from 09.20 (phone on bench) to 10.50 when the next person arrived at the scene. IMO.
BBM

Could you please provide a link to that information? TIA.

"Expert diver dramatically ends river search for Nicola Bulley and says she is NOT in the water hours after police finally admitted she could have left on path not covered by CCTV cameras - as her partner visits scene."​

The last person to see Ms Bulley before she went missing said she had seemed “completely normal”. The man, who has spoken to police, saw her as she began her walk at 9.15am

His wife said they would see her on the same stretch of the river most days while they exercised their dogs, telling The Times: “In the field there were about three people, including my husband. He said there was nothing unusual about her and she seemed completely normal.”

2. Who is the Man?
3. Is his wife, who is quoted in the excerpt above, The person who tied up Willow the Dog?
4. Where was the above Woman when she could see 'about three people, including her Husband'?
We don't know because media.
We're working off this because this is police verified and does not disclose personal information about their witnesses.
it has one typo.

His wife
said they would see her on the same stretch of the river most days while they exercised their dogs, telling The Times: “In the field there were about three people, including my husband. He said there was nothing unusual about her and she seemed completely normal.”

2. Who is the Man?
No. 1 - This is obviously an assumption that the witness' wife made.
No. 2 - He's not been named as a suspect or POI so therefore can't be sleuthed.
No. 3 - As the Superintendent said the woman who found the dog didn't know Nicola, then it can't have been her.
No. 4 - Sounds like she's relaying second hand info. from her husband and she wasn't actually there that morning.

Probably didn't think it's owner was far away and no reason to think it was urgent. She may have been in a hurry also as she had an appointment to go to.
Is this the person who didn’t know the dog or whose phone it was, but now does?? Her witness statement would clear this up IMO but I’m so confused….

If it is someone who has abducted her, I think it may be a pair of people.

Near the entrance which has no CCTV there is a road which could have a car and abducted her and taken her into car or van. Her phone did ping near there, before next pinging on the bench later.

Another person needed to walk over the dog and plant the phone while she's being held.

But I would have expected the dog to be tied up by the potential offender, with the string, to stop it following them back to where she is.

It would make sense for the potential offender to have string in the first place if they are abducting someone..

But apparently the first witness carried string with her and tied up the dog.

All speculation ofc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members