Found Deceased UK - Nicola Bulley Last Seen Walking Dog Near River - St Michaels on Wyre (Lancashire), Jan 2023 #18

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I cannot shake the feeling that the welfare visit to Nicola’s home a week or so before she went missing was in some way connected, or relevant, to the events (specific details of which we don’t yet know) which subsequently unfolded. Does anyone else have this feeling, or am I way off the mark? JMO
I've always thought it was likely connected but even if it is, without knowing the detail imo, that doesn't bring us closer to any answers. The visit will and its circumstances (which we can only guess at) will form part of the jigsaw in reaching a conclusion as to what happened. JMO.

Last edited:
Maybe a stupid question, but were the people, who had the work call with N, able to hear something from N or her surroundings? Idk, how the function is (technically seen) for those on a telephone conference. Are they hearing each other all the time, until the call ends?

No, her sound and camera were switched off.
I wanted to add I've read that it was normal for Nicola not to have her mic or camera on for this type of call.

Giving the update police have said it was completely normal for Nicola not to have her camera or mic on during the work meeting that she logged on to as it was more of an informative call.

I cannot shake the feeling that the welfare visit to Nicola’s home a week or so before she went missing was in some way connected, or relevant, to the events (specific details of which we don’t yet know) which subsequently unfolded. Does anyone else have this feeling, or am I way off the mark? JMO
I recall the welfare inquiry was explained as NB struggling with hormone replacement therapy and that she'd turned to self-medicating with alcohol which had been a problem in the past.

I think toxicology will reveal if NB was possibly <modsnip> -- where a petite woman consuming on an empty stomach could easily explain slipping off the bank. MOO

I think of her children often. Sad. :(

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe a stupid question, but were the people, who had the work call with N, able to hear something from N or her surroundings? Idk, how the function is (technically seen) for those on a telephone conference. Are they hearing each other all the time, until the call ends?
This is part of something that continues to baffle me about this tragic case.
We can all agree this was a very high profile case and as such people with tales to tell could command decent money from the media yet there's nothing coming out.
Take this for example, I was forced to work from home and I can say it is unusual for someone to say nothing at meetings especially when you've landed a big deal.
Here nothing has come out from work colleagues, friends, former partners, people finding willow or family and when people do say something they want to be anonymous.
I can't work out if people have been told to say nothing, are too scared to say something or have collectively agreed to say nothing.
For the record I'm not interested in her life, I would like to hear from those finding Willow and the phone though

We can all agree this was a very high profile case and as such people with tales to tell could command decent money from the media yet there's nothing coming out.
Take this for example, I was forced to work from home and I can say it is unusual for someone to say nothing at meetings especially when you've landed a big deal.
Here nothing has come out from work colleagues, friends, former partners, people finding willow or family and when people do say something they want to be anonymous.
I can't work out if people have been told to say nothing, are too scared to say something or have collectively agreed to say nothing.
For the record I'm not interested in her life, I would like to hear from those finding Willow and the phone though
I agree that the collective silence is interesting. If this were a criminal case, no one from press or public would be able to comment because the matter would be sub judice. To the best of our current knowledge, Nicola’s case is not being investigated as a criminal matter, but I do recall some reference to the Coroner requesting no media or public commentary or speculation. I am not legally trained and the above is entirely my own opinion.

You can add to the list the possibility that people know that the image being portrayed in the media about the victim is a load of twaddle and they'd rather not appear in the media and be asked awkward questions to which they'd either have to lie or tell the unpalatable truth.

Maybe a bit like the Sarah Everad case - we heard nowt from the friends she was visiting prior to her being attacked on her way home: total complete silence. I suspected this was because to make the visit she was breaking covid lock down rules and the friends' would rather not discuss that aspect and who invited her over and why etc in the media.

I recall the welfare inquiry was explained as NB struggling with hormone replacement therapy and that she'd turned to self-medicating with alcohol which had been a problem in the past.

I think toxicology will reveal if NB was possibly <modsnip> -- where a petite woman consuming on an empty stomach could easily explain slipping off the bank. MOO

I think of her children often. Sad. :(
I think, it was in someone's strong interest to let the public know about her alcohol consumption. Self-medicating with alc doesn't mean, N drank a bottle of liquor daily. But someone is using this interpretation. Therefore (plus for other reasons) I believe, it was no accident and no suicide, but.

I think, it was in someone's strong interest to let the public know about her alcohol consumption. Self-medicating with alc doesn't mean, N drank a bottle of liquor daily. But someone is using this interpretation. Therefore (plus for other reasons) I believe, it was no accident and no suicide, but.
If that were the case then why wasn't the info passed to the press straight away? Especially when public speculation started almost instantly

The welfare call was real and I think the party wanted to get ahead of what might leak from the report. I'm interested in fact and can wait for toxicology here.

If that were the case then why wasn't the info passed to the press straight away? Especially when public speculation started almost instantly
IMO, the info was meant for LE, so that they would expect, what to find: NO attack (despite all the inconsistencies).

I still find it remarkable that NB was found by a member of the public a mile downstream from where her she was last believed to have been, despite a number of searches of that stretch of the river, including a detailed mapping of that whole course by a renowned expert and his team. And many, if not all of the searchers would be experienced in searching for bodies in water. They must have literally passed close by her body on numerous occasions.

I still find it remarkable that NB was found by a member of the public a mile downstream from where her she was last believed to have been, despite a number of searches of that stretch of the river, including a detailed mapping of that whole course by a renowned expert and his team. And many, if not all of the searchers would be experienced in searching for bodies in water. They must have literally passed close by her body on numerous occasions.
Surprisingly, this happens more often than you'd think. Often enough that WS has a thread devoted to cases where the missing is later found in or near where previously searched by SAR/professionals, LE, and the public.

Although there are details of this case that seem superficially mysterious, I think a lot of queries will be answered by the inquest.

There may well be evidence as to whether Nicola was drinking that morning (I am not being critical of Nicola, as a recovering alcoholic myself, but wonder if for example there is evidence she bought alcohol that day after dropping the kids off at school), and her state of mind after the welfare visit.

I also think we will get more detail on how Nicola was found and by whom, as I don’t believe the press reports on that, that it was a member of the public. The police haven’t said so yet (I’m prepared to be wrong, just saying that’s my take).

If you check the media thread, I'll think you'll find a lot of people spoke out: At least 2 friends, a neighbour, her family, her partner, an ex partner, her boss, the list goes on.

If they're not speaking now it's probably because the media are asking awkward questions about her personal life. I imagine no-one wants to disclose those kind of details.

Although there are details of this case that seem superficially mysterious, I think a lot of queries will be answered by the inquest.

There may well be evidence as to whether Nicola was drinking that morning (I am not being critical of Nicola, as a recovering alcoholic myself, but wonder if for example there is evidence she bought alcohol that day after dropping the kids off at school), and her state of mind after the welfare visit.

I also think we will get more detail on how Nicola was found and by whom, as I don’t believe the press reports on that, that it was a member of the public. The police haven’t said so yet (I’m prepared to be wrong, just saying that’s my take).
I'm curious as to why you think NB was not found as reported. Jason Rothwell (claimed medium) is shown here pointing towards the location at the time of the discovery and is shown in another photo on the road as police investigate. He subsequently gave at least one limited media interview (I think probably he has been requested not to go into detail).
<modsnip> Do you think someone employed him to 'find' the body (or maybe tipped him off) and that the police suspect but are lying low? Or do you think he was brought in by the authorities as some sort of elaborate set up?

I'm curious as to why you think NB was not found as reported. Jason Rothwell (claimed medium) is shown here pointing towards the location at the time of the discovery and is shown in another photo on the road as police investigate. He subsequently gave at least one limited media interview (I think probably he has been requested not to go into detail).
<modsnip> Do you think someone employed him to 'find' the body (or maybe tipped him off) and that the police suspect but are lying low? Or do you think he was brought in by the authorities as some sort of elaborate set up?
I personally don’t believe Rothwell’s account for a number of reasons, and will wait for the inquest for details of how Nicola was found. I won’t go into more details as not sure it’s on-topic.

Like I say, I’m prepared to be totally wrong, but just my interpretation.

I'm not disputing you but where would she have purchased alcohol from? I think the location is pretty remote. Would off licences or supermarkets be nearby and open selling alcohol at that time in the morning?

My personal opinion (also as a recovering alcoholic) is that if she'd got in the habit of daily drinking or evening / night time drinking and then felt rough and struggled to push through the mornings, she may have had a 'hair of the dog' at home, got all organised, maybe taken something extra to drink in her coffee cup?

But if anyone knew of this, they wouldn't be letting her drive her children around, that's for sure.

Personally I'm suspicious of this whole case and am in disbelief of many aspects and I sincerely doubt any of what I just wrote above happened. JMO MOO

I'm not disputing you but where would she have purchased alcohol from? I think the location is pretty remote. Would off licences or supermarkets be nearby and open selling alcohol at that time in the morning?

My personal opinion (also as a recovering alcoholic) is that if she'd got in the habit of daily drinking or evening / night time drinking and then felt rough and struggled to push through the mornings, she may have had a 'hair of the dog' at home, got all organised, maybe taken something extra to drink in her coffee cup?

But if anyone knew of this, they wouldn't be letting her drive her children around, that's for sure.

Personally I'm suspicious of this whole case and am in disbelief of many aspects and I sincerely doubt any of what I just wrote above happened. JMO MOO
I hear what you’re saying, it’s a remote location. I don’t mean to project on Nicola too much based on how I’ve acted myself!! — but I am just wondering if there was some shop near the school with an alcohol licence from say 8am or 9am, and Nicola knew she would be sound off & video off on a call so kind of unobserved.

Just to say: I am recovering from a serious drinking problem myself after rehab, and mean no judgement against Nicola by this guess — I just am aware how sometimes people with drinking problems can think and behave, and wonder if the police disclosed Nicola’s issue in this context (because it’s relevant that day). I don’t think by the way that Nicola was drunk around her children ~ my theory avoids that.

I hear what you’re saying about this case, there are some really weird aspects for a missing person investigation, and hope the inquest provides answers.

All just my own speculation and if I’m wrong I will certainly acknowledge so and just to say the alcohol speculation is in the context of the same problem ~ no judgment intended whatsoever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx