Found Deceased UK - Nicola Bulley Last Seen Walking Dog Near River - St Michaels on Wyre (Lancashire), Jan 2023 #18

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It could also mean that Lancs police never took the welfare call seriously enough. Maybe it was played down by one party/ both when infact it warranted a further enquiry.

Suicide for me seems unlikely if the above is the case. Maybe had the police went in all guns blazing, arrested NB say, SS were involved with kids, mental health referrals (sectioned) etc. Then perhaps suicide would be on the table, for me anyway.

The fact NB had ample opportunity the night before to end her life (parents watching the kids whilst she took care of work affairs) makes me sway from suicide.

imo jmo.

Nicola Bulley: Independent review commissioned into Lancashire Police's handling of mother's disappearanceNicola Bulley: Independent review commissioned into Lancashire Police's handling of mother's disappearance

Tragic accident imo. Never subscribed to suicide notion, no note, 2 girls, circumstances. Imo. Makes the LP disclosure all the more shameful. IMO.
Unless, as seems likely, it was to preempt it appearing in the press, potentially in distorted fashion.

PA hasn’t criticised the police for this, and he’s not been shy. So that’s good enough for me.

The fitbit obviously has GPS technology, and with it being on the wrist it would have given the correct movement pattern. This is why earlier I questioned the phones movement which also has GPS. But the wording of the phone "approaching" the bench tells me that these two items had different pattern movements...maybe
I think data from the fitbit could answer a number of question. If the phone & fitbit were moving in tandem, then Nicola was carrying the phone. The last data should indicate time of death and might indicate approximately where she entered the water.

The only foul play that would be impossible to prove would be someone unknown having deliberately pushed her into the river.

... or an excited dog throwing her off balance but that would be an accident rather than anything else.
And in that case, were it so, we'd all have to hope that the pusher never gets into a similar confrontation and has learned their lesson despite not having been brought to justice. And that the nature of this incident doesn't inspire copycats, of course. IMO, with residual angst about either of those possibilities. One can only hope that the inquest provides irrefutable proof that Nicola's death was either a tragic accident or suicide, because as terribly sad as either of those are, lingering doubts re. a pushed-in scenario, with no justice served, would be worse. MOO.

MOO...Im confident in my mind that NB did not take her own life. I cannot see a scenario where she would know that her daughters last sighting of her would be so tragic...She would not put her children through that, not in this way. Dropping them at school and then ending it all just doesnt fit IMO
Impulsive suicides do happen though. From a quick google:

“In clinical settings, one often thinks of suicidal ideation and behavior as following a somewhat linear trajectory. It stands to reason, the clinician often surmises, that patients start with suicidal ideation, progress to making a plan, and then implement the plan for suicide. Even with the understanding that people may go from one step to the next at different rates, it seems unfathomable that a patient would take such drastic action as to attempt suicide without having made some sort of plan or, at the very least, given the thought serious, deliberate consideration. Yet, as clinicians, we see patients every day who say that they did not have a plan. Patients may tell us that something catastrophic happened and they “just did it” or that the psychic or physical pain simply became unbearable and they acted out of desperation.”

I don’t think intuition is really helpful without insight or data. And I suspect we’ll never know if it was an accident or not.

Unless, as seems likely, it was to preempt it appearing in the press, potentially in distorted fashion.

PA hasn’t criticised the police for this, and he’s not been shy. So that’s good enough for me.
It's unlikely her private medical information would've appeared in the press, both because of press restrictions on reporting and because who on earth could've known about it, outside of close family. More likely the welfare visit was known about by journalists and could possibly have been reported. Whether releasing NB's private information was an appropriate response by the police will, I guess, be considered by the investigation.

I have to say, it's hard to imagine that any press story would've had as big an impact as the official police statement did...

It's not been mentioned although reference has been made to take information away for evaluation. I'm slightly optimistic it has been found attached to her, as they haven't said they are still looking for it and to me if they want to establish when it happened and possibly where then this is key
You jogged my mind ,Thankyou .

The Lancashire police and crime commissioner, Andrew Snowden said that it was important that a national independent body should conduct the review “given the amount of misinformation on social media, poorly informed opinions given national airtime, the attacks on senior leaders’ personal appearance and family lives, along with the intrusion into the privacy of Nicola’s family”.

Zoë Billingham, the former inspector of constabulary, said people
might be more fearful of reporting loved ones missing after the force released highly personal information about Bulley.

Billingham described the disclosure as a “gross invasion of privacy” and told the PA news agency:
“My message to women out there would be that if your loved one, if your mum or your sister went missing, what we’ve seen over the last few days is not OK, it’s not what we would ordinarily see in a missing persons investigation.”

Lancashire constabulary has launched an internal review into its handling of the case.

MOO...A single officer turning up to do a welfare check tells me that there was no haste or rush to attend that property. I dont put much significance on that check. If it had been in a possible emergency situation, then maybe at least two officers would have attended.
According to the police statement, 'a response car staffed by both police and health professionals attended a report of concern for welfare at Nicola’s home address on January 10th' so it wasn't just a lone police officer popping orund.

MOO...Im confident in my mind that NB did not take her own life. I cannot see a scenario where she would know that her daughters last sighting of her would be so tragic...She would not put her children through that, not in this way. Dropping them at school and then ending it all just doesnt fit IMO
Agreed, and as a dog owner I very much doubt she would leave her beloved Willow unleashed in a field on a very cold day.

It could also mean that Lancs police never took the welfare call seriously enough. Maybe it was played down by one party/ both when infact it warranted a further enquiry.

Suicide for me seems unlikely if the above is the case. Maybe had the police went in all guns blazing, arrested NB say, SS were involved with kids, mental health referrals (sectioned) etc. Then perhaps suicide would be on the table, for me anyway.

The fact NB had ample opportunity the night before to end her life (parents watching the kids whilst she took care of work affairs) makes me sway from suicide.

imo jmo.

Nicola Bulley: Independent review commissioned into Lancashire Police's handling of mother's disappearanceNicola Bulley: Independent review commissioned into Lancashire Police's handling of mother's disappearance
Unless she intended to the night before but couldn’t go through with it MOO

Agreed, and as a dog owner I very much doubt she would leave her beloved Willow unleashed on a field on a very cold day.
Agreed also, however its also very unlikely that a dog wouldn't follow its owner into the water if they'd gone in (especially this breed of dog). I'm still struggling to make any sense of either hypothesis to be honest.

Agreed also, however its also very unlikely that a dog wouldn't follow its owner into the water if they'd gone in (especially this breed of dog). I'm still struggling to make any sense of either hypothesis to be honest.
Yeah, my feeling is there’s no way the dog saw her go in. If she did, she would have either gone in too, or been on the shore when she was found. I think Willow wasn’t around when she went in, maybe she was off exploring at that time.

According to the police statement, 'a response car staffed by both police and health professionals attended a report of concern for welfare at Nicola’s home address on January 10th' so it wasn't just a lone police officer popping orund.
Would the fact that both attended rather than just a police response indicate that there had been prior "incidents" and that she was already on their radar?

Would the fact that both attended rather than just a police response indicate that there had been prior "incidents" and that she was already on their radar?
In the UK it is not unusual now to have response vehicles jointly crewed by police and medical professionals. Such is the epidemic of people suffering from MH crises.

Think not as dramatic as it sounds. The inquiry into the way the welfare incident was handled needs to get underway, possibly the outsiders who got involved may have to make reports, Fitbit experts, perhaps even Ofcom, permissions for, for example, finance and other things that require permission because of data protection. Nothing will be left to chance. I used to cover inquests in an area where many were about asbestos harm from years before victims died. The asbestos firm they had worked for led to ramifications for the company. Coroner and pathologist still had to work out whether these ill people had taken their own lives or if there was foul play. Sorry to wander from the subject but they are so thorough.
Thoroughness is vital IMO, especially in cases that have received unprecedented publicity and speculation.

PMs of bodies recovered from water are carried out by a forensic pathologist registered by the Home Office as a matter of course because water does not always equal drowning.

https://www.rcpath.org/static/a0eab...e-Autopsy-for-bodies-recovered-from-water.pdf

It in no way implies that they think that there was another cause of death, it’s standard.
I just read some of this document and it’s very interesting. One thing I noticed is that in cases of drowning they pointed this out:

‘Haemorrhages in the soft tissues of the neck – these are occasionally found in victims recovered from water but, when encountered, a forensic pathologist should be consulted as a priority, given the potential significance of the finding in relation to homicidal injury to the neck.’

I wonder if this is one of the reasons a HOFP has been asked to further evaluate the PM?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx