Found Deceased UK - Nicola Bulley Last Seen Walking Dog Near River - St Michaels on Wyre (Lancashire), Jan 2023 #19

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

26 June 2023

An inquest into the death of Lancashire mum Nicola Bulley is taking place, expected to last two days.

The hearing, at Preston's County Hall, begins this morning (June 26) and will conclude tomorrow afternoon. Dr James Adeley, Senior Coroner for Lancashire, will chair the coroner's court hearing, beginning at around 10am.

[..]

Day one finished​

Proceedings have now finished for today and will resume at 10 on Tuesday. You can get more details in our recaps below:

ETA: Live Blog at link above is very thorough account of the proceedings:

11:08JAMIE LOPEZ

Today's witnesses​

Dr Adeley has been outlining how proceedings will run, including explaining who will be asked to speak. Witnesses giving evidence on the first day include a Home Office pathologist; a police diver; Professor Tipton and Dr Morgan who are experts in how people drown; an expert on body flotation after death; nine members of the public who were in the area of the River Wyre when Nikki went missing; and Supt Rebecca Smith

The second day of the inquest will hear from a doctor, Nikki’s GP, and members of her family.

Last edited:
Phone was found at 9.20am
I think the wording on that is misleading. I believe it means the phone was in the area of the bench at 9.20am (I.E via GPS) and the dog and phone were also found there at a later time. I could be wrong but I think that wording is poor. It’s all semantics anyway. Outcome was still the same sadly.

Phone was found at 9.20am

Ha we’re both wrong. Phone found 9:33! At 9:20 it was at the bench where it would later be found.

“Ms Bulley’s phone was shown to be in the area of the bench, where it was later found along with her dog, at 9.20am”

Comma situation.

The phone was in the area of the bench at 9:20.

It was discovered there later.

Jmo
yeah but they had used GPS tracking.

Police offer explanation for heart rate data recorded sporadically on FitBit​

Holly Evans reports:
As part of their investigation DC Greenhalgh, who works for the digital media investigation unit, retraced Ms Bulley’s suspected route with an iPhone to compare the data found on GPS satellites.
Her phone was recovered intact from the bench and there was no sign that it had entered the water.
Her FitBit was recovered from her body in the water, with Lancashire Constabulary later gaining access by using her email address. It is believed that the Fitbit had lost power on February 4 and that no further steps had been recorded beyond 9.30am on January 27.
The inquest heard that a possible explanation for heart rate data being recorded sporadically in the days after her disappearance was the movement of water passing between the FitBit and Ms Bulley’s wrist. Subsequent testing on inanimate objects has provided similar results when there was movement in the water.
(Indo)

I just can’t help but think how’s your luck that no one was nearby at the crucial time she went into the river. All those witnesses who saw her just before and after and yet there was a small timeframe that no one was about to help her when she needed it ☹️

I just can’t help but think how’s your luck that no one was nearby at the crucial time she went into the river. All those witnesses who saw her just before and after and yet there was a small timeframe that no one was about to help her when she needed it ☹️
She went down fast though, faster than any of us could have imagined.
A lifebuoy is about all anyone could have done to help save her had they seen her and before she lost consciousness.
The saddest thing.

Ha we’re both wrong. Phone found 9:33! At 9:20 it was at the bench where it would later be found.

“Ms Bulley’s phone was shown to be in the area of the bench, where it was later found along with her dog, at 9.20am”
To be fair that's exactly what I said. The time line is highest recorded heart beat 9.22,last steps 9.30,phone found 9.33,screams heard 9.35i have to say if this was a loved one of mine I wouldn't be accepting the narrative.Something happened between 9.20 and 9.35 and this needs further investigation

To be fair that's exactly what I said. The time line is highest recorded heart beat 9.22,last steps 9.30,phone found 9.33,screams heard 9.35i have to say if this was a loved one of mine I wouldn't be accepting the narrative.Something happened between 9.20 and 9.35 and this needs further investigation
Phone was located at bench by GPS, not a person, at 9.201m. It was 10.33 before actual people examined it.
She entered the water

Coroner says Nicola Bulley ‘very possibly’ entered water at around 9:22am​

Towards the end of today’s proceedings, Senior Coroner Dr James Adeley asked: “Doing the best with your expertise, we could assume entry to the water was after 9.18am and before 9.30am and very possibly around 9.22am, but that’s as far as we can go realistically?
DC Keith Greenhalgh responded: “That is correct sir.”

No time was indicated in Indo or lancs live for scream and no evidence has been offered suggesting scream was from Nicola.

It is normal for a body to thrash about while drowning.

Phone was located at bench by GPS, not a person, at 9.201m. It was 10.33 before actual people examined it.
She entered the water

Coroner says Nicola Bulley ‘very possibly’ entered water at around 9:22am​

Towards the end of today’s proceedings, Senior Coroner Dr James Adeley asked: “Doing the best with your expertise, we could assume entry to the water was after 9.18am and before 9.30am and very possibly around 9.22am, but that’s as far as we can go realistically?
DC Keith Greenhalgh responded: “That is correct sir.”

No time was indicated in Indo or lancs live for scream and no evidence has been offered suggesting scream was from Nicola.

It is normal for a body to thrash about while drowning.

The phone and willow were found at 9.33 as per the initial police statement and supported by an earlier poster. The 9.35 time was reported on the Independent link and was from Helen oneill,and from the general area of Allotment Lane. The flapping around could explain the recording of steps and I'll test that on mine now. However, by the police statements she'd need to have been doing this for 8 minutes, which doesn't sit with the drowning quickly argument they put forward. Also, in 8 minutes she should be able to get out

The phone and willow were found at 9.33 as per the initial police statement and supported by an earlier poster. The 9.35 time was reported on the Independent link and was from Helen oneill,and from the general area of Allotment Lane. The flapping around could explain the recording of steps and I'll test that on mine now. However, by the police statements she'd need to have been doing this for 8 minutes, which doesn't sit with the drowning quickly argument they put forward. Also, in 8 minutes she should be able to get out
Can you please provide links to screams at 9.35am and to anything that is differing from or contradicted by inquest today, please?
I've been on this thread since she went missing.

he moment Ms Bulley’s dog walk ended in tragedy has now been narrowed down to just four minutes as new analysis by detectives showed “no activity” on her iPhone after 9.18am. Her FitBit watch showed her heart rate peaked at 9.22am. It stopped recording any more of the 4,548 steps she walked that day at 9.30am after an update which took in the previous quarter of an hour.

Dr James Adeley, senior coroner for Lancashire, said: “The entry to the water is likely to be after 9.18am and before 9.30am, but very likely before 9.22am.”

I still haven’t been convinced that a confrontation didn’t take place between Nicola and a third party, either another dog walker or random member of the public over something trivial like willow going up to their dog. I don’t think we will ever know whether Nicola fell, was pushed whether intentionally or accidentally in an argument, or entered the water herself. I believe an open verdict may well be recorded due to us being unable to know exactly what caused Nicola to end up in the water. Either open verdict, misadventure/accidental IMO.

Had Nicola’s phone not been found on the bench then I’d lean much more towards a tragic fall. However her phone being left on the bench suggests she may have placed it there, either to get up and speak with someone or to voluntarily enter the water. If it was a sudden fall then why was her phone on the bench?

All MOO

Had Nicola’s phone not been found on the bench then I’d lean much more towards a tragic fall. However her phone being left on the bench suggests she may have placed it there, either to get up and speak with someone or to voluntarily enter the water. If it was a sudden fall then why was her phone on the bench?
^^rsbbm

I've long believed the dog was off leash/harness when NB was compelled to abruptly leave the bench (and her conference call) and go towards the dog which led her to fall off the edge into the water. In other words, I think NB intentionally left the phone on the bench to be hands free. JMO

Can you please provide links to screams at 9.35am and to anything that is differing from or contradicted by inquest today, please?
I've been on this thread since she went missing.
If you go to the link on here from the independent. It's page 2 of the 6 and timed 6 hours ago and entitled mother heard screams

^^rsbbm

I've long believed the dog was off leash/harness when NB was compelled to abruptly leave the bench (and her conference call) and go towards the dog which led her to fall off the edge into the water. In other words, I think NB intentionally left the phone on the bench to be hands free. JMO
She may have been searching for her and leaned in so she could see better.
That is probably why Willow didn't enter the water. When she returned Nicola was already submerged? Possibly. Just my thoughts.

From todays hearing, bruises were found to the front and back of Nicolas arm. Could this have been atall suggestive of someone grabbing and pushing her? When her iPhone was set down at 9.18am, her heart rate peaked at 9.22am - which I would assume could have been due to the initial shock of her entering the water. Could it be possible that could mean it leaves roughly 4 minutes in between putting her phone on the bench and Nicola entering the water? What could have been happening in those 4 minutes? I suppose we will never know but IMO that could have given enough time for a brief confrontation and a push that maybe sent her into the freezing cold river.

This is all JMO, now we wait to see what tomorrow brings. I’m not hopeful we will ever find out exactly how Nicola died that day. I just feel for her family, husband and daughters having to deal with this playing out in the public eye whilst they grieve the loss of Nicola. MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
omnia