GUILTY UK - Nicole Smallman, 27 & Bibaa Henry 46, Archdeacon's daughters, murdered London park, 7 June 2020

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
A twisted deal with the Devil to win the lottery if he killed six women | Daily Mail Online

"The evening before the attack he collected a balaclava and two shovels from an Amazon locker on Edgware Road in central London. He was next caught on CCTV entering the park at around 8.40pm. Police think he spent some time observing the sisters.

It is believed Bibaa was attacked first, then Nicole, who attempted to fight him off. He dragged their bodies to a hedgerow where he hid them, then threw their mobile phones into a pond. He only left the park at 4.07am, having removed his bloodstained trousers. But his 'pact' with the devil had already failed. In the course of the attacks he sustained a knife cut to his right hand.

The following day he sought hospital treatment, saying he'd been injured in a mugging. The DNA evidence provided by this wound would prove crucial. His victims were not reported missing to the police until 9pm on Saturday: 17 hours later, at lunchtime on Sunday, their bodies were found. Not by the police, who had failed to respond, but by Nicole's boyfriend, Adam Stone.

He had gone to the park with his father, where they found two pairs of spectacles belonging to the sisters, as well as a knife in the grass.

Mr Stone broke down in court as he described the moment he discovered their bodies, entwined in the hedge, while he was on the phone to the police.

The slowness of the police response is now the subject of an investigation by the Independent Office for Police Conduct."

Well done to The Guardian for making this front page news and using a lovely photo of Bibaa and Nicole.

Utter contempt for all the other papers who are predictably more interested in a football match than the horrendous murder of two completely defenceless women.

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again - how is this any different from the equally tragic murder of Rachel Nickell? Show anyone a photo of all three women and see which one they can name :(.

Rest in peace Bibaa and Nicole; the people on here will always remember your names.

Yesterday it was headline news in the mail and the sun. Both articles were quoted here as soon as they were published.

I think it's interesting how they keep referring to his demon- obsession as a "cult-like ideology". If you read the CPS sentencing guidelines, the starting point for a whole life tariff (for those over 21) includes the criteria 'killing to forward an ideological cause'. This translates to a 30 year starting point for 18 to 21 year olds. I imagine prosecution are hoping the crime meets the criteria for a 30 year starting point plus it also encompasses several aggravating factors and no mitigating ones, so maybe a sentence of 30 to 40 years if he's found mentally sound.

The verdict came in yesterday; many other cases are headline news for weeks. This has had next to no coverage for such an unusual and horrible murder.

Very few murders remain in the headlines for days nowadays. I do remember in the past murders were the main feature on the news and in the papers for days. Since the internet and 24 hour news there seems to be less coverage of all murders and missing people. Sarah Everard was kept in the news for longer due to the vigil and the fact a serving policeman was charged .

We are following the Bernadette Walker trial and there has been extremely limited coverage.

I've seen that there is a feeling that the jury took too long to provide their verdict. I also thought the evidence presented was overwhelming and the lack of a defense presentation sealed it.

That said, the jury took exactly the right amount of time to come to the right decision.

Perhaps they wanted to get to know each other, share their reactions/feelings about aspects of the case, or share personal stories. While not "all business," IMO, I think that being able to speak openly about the horror they witnessed (I have no idea if this actually happened, lol) might help them to better cope.

I always feel great empathy for regular "folk" who must viscerally experience acts of violence and barbarity. And then go about their "normal' routine.

IMO

Haunting last selfie of sisters murdered 'in pact with Devil' to win lottery | Daily Mail Online

Jurors were not told that Hussein, now 19, had previously come to the attention of police aged just 15 over fears he was vulnerable to radicalisation and violent extremism.

The sisters' mother Mina Smallman, a retired Church of England cleric, told BBC news: 'The problem is the people who are supposed to be assessing and taking responsibility, there's a gap from stage to stage so they get lost in the system. The saddest thing is, if this young man does have this tendency, when he goes into prison he is going to be even more radicalised. He is a killer now, he'll be a killing machine by the time he comes out.'

She also described forgiving him because he has 'no power in our lives', and revealed Hussein would position himself in the dock so he could stare at her and smile during the most gruesome evidence.

She said: 'This animal.. he looked at me straight in my eyes and gave this sinister little smile. So I smiled back and winked and he went doolally because I gave him that and I wouldn't give him the privilege of letting him feel he had destroyed me'. Hussein will be sentenced on September 22.

BBM

Haunting last selfie of sisters murdered 'in pact with Devil' to win lottery | Daily Mail Online

Jurors were not told that Hussein, now 19, had previously come to the attention of police aged just 15 over fears he was vulnerable to radicalisation and violent extremism.

The sisters' mother Mina Smallman, a retired Church of England cleric, told BBC news: 'The problem is the people who are supposed to be assessing and taking responsibility, there's a gap from stage to stage so they get lost in the system. The saddest thing is, if this young man does have this tendency, when he goes into prison he is going to be even more radicalised. He is a killer now, he'll be a killing machine by the time he comes out.'

She also described forgiving him because he has 'no power in our lives', and revealed Hussein would position himself in the dock so he could stare at her and smile during the most gruesome evidence.

She said: 'This animal.. he looked at me straight in my eyes and gave this sinister little smile. So I smiled back and winked and he went doolally because I gave him that and I wouldn't give him the privilege of letting him feel he had destroyed me'. Hussein will be sentenced on September 22.

BBM

She is right and what a strong woman! That would have driven me mad seeing him stare and grin at me. He is absolutely vile.

In a comment about the police procedures surrounding rape cases, the author mentions Danyal Hussain

Why are rape victims’ phones still being taken while perpetrators are left with theirs?

This U-turn could not have come at a worse time. This week Danyal Hussain, 19, was convicted of the savage murders of two women in a north London park. His behaviour had worried the authorities as far back as 2017 when his teachers, concerned that he might be vulnerable to radicalisation and violent extremism, referred him to the Prevent programme.

Following his arrest, Hussain refused to hand over the password to his iPad so detectives could find out who he had been in contact with – and whether they might pose a threat to members of the public. Police were unable to access 80 per cent of the content of his tablet, leaving big questions about the lead-up to this terrible crime. The murders are not being treated as terror-related but Hussain is undeniably a misogynist – and extreme misogyny frequently turns up in the background of terror suspects. If there is a scandal about police access to digital evidence in this country, it is surely the fact that they cannot force dangerous offenders like Hussain to cooperate.

BBM

There has been precious little attention for the fact that DH planned to kill women, by stabbing them apparently, nor for the fact that Bibaa and Nicole were women of colour. In fact, most attention went to both the police and the press who would have ignored the crime on the grounds of racism. Maybe so, maybe not, but still, the one who actually spied on and murdered these free and happily dancing women was DH and no one else. Was he a racist? Did he have racist motives? IMO the trial did not answer that, if the question was raised at all.

IMO the satanic connection may well have been a cover for sexual gratification, plus a few winning lottery tickets. But even if DH never buys one lottery ticket at all, he will still remain a danger to women.

Surely there must be a way to access that iPad?

There has been precious little attention for the fact that DH planned to kill women, by stabbing them apparently, nor for the fact that Bibaa and Nicole were women of colour.
Can you explain what you mean by this.

I watched the recorded interview with their mother on BBC Breakfast. What an incredibly dignified woman. Brought tears to my eyes. We could all learn something from her. We have all over across someone who has tried to mess with our heads on some level.

If l were in her shoes l would not be able to walk, let alone talk, and so eloquently. On top of that, their murder didn't receive the attention it should have, then the photos that were taken. I hope she has the strength to keep sharing with the world, because people need to hear what she has to say.

Two Metropolitan Police officers are due to enter pleas in court after allegedly sharing photographs of two murdered sisters while at the crime scene in Kingsbury.

PC Deniz Jaffer, 47, of Hornchurch, and PC Jamie Lewis, 32, of Colchester, Essex, will appear at the Old Bailey on July 13.

Police officers to enter pleas in murder picture trial

It's not on Courtserve yet, so not sure if it's happening tomorrow.

CourtServe - Live Court Listings

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NysesPieces
Back