Found Deceased UK - Nida Ul-Naseer, 18, Newport S. Wales, 28 Dec 2013

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Me neither. Yet another strange element to this

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Apparently there are 25 comments to this new article, but I can't see them. What am I doing wrong?

http://www.asiantimesonline.co.uk/n...ager+speak+of+anguish+over+disapearance+/2830

I thought that perhaps you could only view them after registering and leaving a comment yourself - so I did just that, but the comments are still hidden, and my extra one didn't register. Very odd.

Every interview the family give, just makes the story get more weird. She was 18 years old, yet only knew her way to 2 places? She only ever went out with her sister, despite being an adult?

Was she not allowed out on her own? If that was the case, and her life was so restricted, I'd like to believe she did run off (perhaps had a bag with coat, shoes etc hidden behind the bin) then went to a refuge, having pretended she didn't know how to get anywhere.

I'd like to believe this is the case.......

Because if she really didn't know her way to any other locations, then I find it hard to believe she'd have left home at night, in the dark, with no idea where she was going, with nowhere to go. And if her family knew she didn't know her way around, why didn't someone follow her after that row .... or did they?

All MOO.

Yes I,d love to believe the escaping to a refuge scenario!.
Family denied refugee status, appealing that, chances are they will be sent back to Pakistan. Could she be within Pakistani community in hiding to stay here?.

Thinking culture. Mr Finlaggan and I gave a 20 year old lady from Pakistan I work with a lift home , family were unhappy and punished her not letting her out of the house, apart from work, as she had been in a car with a man unknown to her family.
Living in two cultures must be so difficult for those young ladies.
Statements of what happened that night just don,t add up at all to me!.

I think the family will be given compassionate leave to remain, at least while Nida is missing, and I certainly think they should be. I'd hate to see any of the family leave the country while she is missing, in fact.

I understand why the family would be angry and keep bringing up the asylum appeal if they believe it is the reason Nida disappeared. I still can't work out why this reason for her going missing was only brought up quite a long time after her disappearance. And exactly how upset Nida was about it was only brought up a while after that. Information seems to be coming out in dribs and drabs and that's really not helpful in finding someone quickly.

It says here that posters in Urdu were prepared a month ago, but I haven't come across any yet.

http://ahmadiyyatimes.blogspot.de/2014/01/uk-community-rallies-for-family-of.html

I can't see one on the FB page either, which is strange. I wonder where they are?
https://en-gb.facebook.com/FindNida

Oh help, family may get compassionate reason to stay while Nida missing!.
Having un compassionate thoughts!.

those two statements by the family aren't contradictory IMO

she used to take care of the family but lately she has seemed selfish

I think there's a lot being lost in translation in this case and we need to take great care to realize that cultural differences don't necessarily point to guilt

Oh help, family may get compassionate reason to stay while Nida missing!.
Having un compassionate thoughts!.

No, its good that they'll remain in the UK - trust me!

The police will need to know exactly where the family are, when/if Nida is found.

It would be terrible if they were in Pakistan and unavailable to "help with police enquiries" .... or couldn't be located at all.

MOO.

Unless you meant something else (which I am thinking but aren't allowed to post!) regarding the fact the family now may have a valid reason to stay, which wasn't there before she went missing.

YidArmyRash,
Sure I can see benefits of allowing family to stay in UK to help with enquiries.

Just have chilling thoughts.....". What came first the chicken or the egg!.

I don't really understand why all the pictures released of Nida show her with her hair uncovered. You'd think she always had her hair uncovered, from them. It just seems odd when put alongside her sister's repeated statements about how deeply religious Nida is.

Both Nida's sisters seem to wear head coverings all the time and as observant Pakistani muslims I thought headcoverings were part of those religious observancies - or are they not? Are headcoverings a completely optional dress choice for a muslim woman, even if she is deeply religious? I'm confused.

Asked a Muslim collegue at work about covering hair, she does.
She said, to be a respected lady in more devout families, hair needs to be covered from puberty, if not covered will give wrong message to community ie
trying to attract a man out with community, beauty thing.

Also said less devout families living in a different culture leave it up to their daughters to cover hair or not. reason families come to UK is that their daughters will
Have a more equal life, allowed education, can buy own house, to certain extent
even with arranged marriages more equal. Not 14 year old and 60 year old man.

So wish I could find and protect this young lady!.
Nida is on my mind 24/7.

The Gwent police Urdu version of the Youtube appeal has had only 156 views. That's very depressing.

Prospects for Nida being found alive now seem very bleak, I am afraid.

Nida can,t just vanish!.
Shoeless, coat less and moneyless, lack of CCTV information is worrying!.
Someone or people know where she is or what happened!.
Young girl who was kept virtually imprisoned, would not know where to run to!.
By all accounts Nida was vulnerable, isolated, and marginalised.
Angry a young lady lived this life!.
Nida needs to be found, sounds like she had no voice in life!. Hope I am wrong but fear the worst, if that is the case we can be her voice in finding justice! For her!.

I will continue, daily to hope Nida a precious young lady is safe!.
We need to do so much more sleuthing here!.to find her.
Anyone else on board?.
Starting with college school.
Nida needs a voice!. As she is unable to speak up!.

Have three theories
1 means to an end sacrificial daughter to stay in UK.
2 sent I India for marriage
3 family outcast, not wearing hair scarf like rest of females in family, so called honour murders have happened in UK.
Horrific apparently shame on a family means more than life in some cultures!.
Not convinced family should be allowed to stay in UK to help with enquiries, may
give wrong vibe!.
If they were to be sucessful precedent would be set to have extended family stay
in cultures where daughters are thought of as a burden, would open the floodgates!.

Nida's Pakistani so she wouldn't have been sent to India for a marriage, I don't think. That would be unusual.

I think it may be fair to consider Nida's depression/distress may have (at least in part) been caused by pressure for an arranged marriage which are commonplace in Pakistani culture. Her family may just have chosen not to mention that factor, for personal reasons.

I also think it's possible Nida had fallen in love with someone her family did not approve of, and wished to marry him. It that had happened, it would make sense for Nida to marry quickly even though she's young, because of her immigration status. (Not suggesting she wanted a 'marriage of convenience', I'm talking about if she'd fallen in love). I think it's possible her family wouldn't reveal that either, if it was a factor.

I am wondering also, as the youngest daughter, if she was being asked to stay home and help care for her disabled father?

These could all be reasons for depressions, but it is just my speculation. I only believe there may be something else because the story of the evening Nida vanished has changed so much and still doesn't make quite add up to me.

Sadly, I think there may be another explanation; that someone did not like something Nida said or did and there has been foul play. I don't believe she is in hiding somewhere; surely even a loyal boyfriend would have told police she was safe but didn't want to go home, by now?

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Claudesgirl
Back