Found Deceased UK - Nida Ul-Naseer, 18, Newport S. Wales, 28 Dec 2013

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Sad a young lady was kept basically in captivity, imprisoned in the family home!.
No friends, doesn't, add up at all,surely Nida had people she spoke to and vice versa at school/college!. Nothing forthcoming from them at all?.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-south-east-wales-26373210

I know there are organisations that can help young girls who are at threat from forced marriages, and they will supply the girls with a new identity. Admittedly not just people at threat from forced marriages but domestic violence, etc.

I wonder if, the nature of her flight, it was planned. SOmeone waiting outside in a car, Nida offers to take the rubbish out and then pegs it.

That article you posted was for Nida's two month missing anniversary. Very sad.

I get the point about the car but from the description of the street posted upthread, there's no vehicular access. If Nida planned her own disappearance, I just can't see her leaving her shoes behind, knowing she'd have to run barefoot down a rainy street.

Have three theories
1 means to an end sacrificial daughter to stay in UK.
2 sent I India for marriage
3 family outcast, not wearing hair scarf like rest of females in family, so called honour murders have happened in UK.
Horrific apparently shame on a family means more than life in some cultures!.
Not convinced family should be allowed to stay in UK to help with enquiries, may
give wrong vibe!.
If they were to be sucessful precedent would be set to have extended family stay
in cultures where daughters are thought of as a burden, would open the floodgates!.

BBM - When I first read about this case honor killing popped into my mind but I was reluctant to write it here.

Here is an article about an honor killing in Arizona in recent years.

I hope the outcome is different, hopefully she planned her disappearance and is happy some where.

Thank you los2188, though the news is very sad. A community spokesperson has said Nida's family deserve much more help than they are getting. I am sure the community would help though, if family were to organize some volunteer searches.

Someone needs to keep on looking for this young girl.

Thank you, summer breeze, you got there before me! I just spotted that article and came here to post it.

To me, it suggests a couple of things:

Police are continuing to pour resources into the search for Nida - a permanent team's expensive.

The fact they're doing so tells me they in no way, shape or form think this is a run of the mill, runaway teen case. In my opinion.

And releasing that information may just be because a reporter's asked, or may be a 'warning shot' from police to anyone who may have had anything to do with young Nida's disappearance, to keep the pressure up.

I really get the feeling Nida will be found soon. I don't know why.

Still doesn't appear to be any trace of Nida, but her sister Shamyla has issued another appeal on behalf of the family. Once again it reassures Nida she is not in any trouble.

Police say they have conducted extensive searches all round Nida's last seen, up to a distance of two miles. No more searches are being held at the moment. They have also ploughed through 450 lines of inquiry of a total of about 630. It is still an active police investigation.

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/we-miss-nida-desperately-want-6855097

Poor Nida, it feels like no one is really looking for her - friends and family are very quiet (apart from the occasional appeal).

Where are the poster campaigns, the friends asking for her to come home, the people talking about what she was like and the last time they saw her/went out etc.

I find it most strange that there seems to be no social media trail of Nida. Usually when someone this age goes missing, their facebook photos will be published, or their tweets will be found, or any sign that the person is a normal teenager with a social life, friends and interests. Where are the photos of this 18 year old smiling with friends, having fun, doing things outside of college?

She is 18 - I don't know any 18 year olds who aren't on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and all the rest. I have children her age (18 and 19 year old sons) and I can find evidence of their nights out, their thoughts, photos and comments all over the internet within seconds.

It feels like Nida barely existed :(

West Nash Road, where a body has been found, is about four miles (6.5km) by road from Linton Street, where Nida was last seen.

Natural Resources Wales, which manages the wetland, said the body appeared to have washed up on to an area of salt marsh.

Well, I'd need a lot of persuasion to believe she walked there unaided, especially being barefoot and without a coat.

Strange that she was found so soon after police said they were stopping the searches to find her.

Personally, from the moment her disappearance was made public, I didn't believe she had walked away from home voluntarily - and nothing has made me change my mind since.

RIP Nida. I hope you have found more peace now than it appeared you had during your lifetime and I hope you get justice, however this situation was caused.

^ I agree. I hope if others were involved in this, and I think they were, that there is evidence to convict them.

Police are treating the death as unexplained. I think it may take some time to establish identity and - if they can - cause of death. It does sound likely this is poor Nida though.

It is about 5 miles from Nida's home and one of the routes (map on left, with route in blue) there seems to go through the industrial area where police carried out a lot of searches.

The body 'washed up' off West Nash Rd in Wetlands which didn't make sense, but on the satellite map I can see West Nash is really close to an inlet of the river. I think it may be possible that someone who went in the river at the bridge, might eventually wash up there.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    134.2 KB · Views: 18
Nida's dad just gave an interview and appeal yesterday. I hadn't realised. He says there has been a lot of racism. I haven't seen it but I'm not surprised. Two men even got prosecuted for nasty racism over little tot Mikaeel Kular, when they knew he had been found dead. :(

I haven't really got anything to say to people who bring racism into the cases of the most vulnerable - our missing. Except to wish they may live in interesting times.

I do believe it is acceptable to take culture into account with a missing person though - it can be essential in working out how likely or not they were to go voluntary missing.

http://www.southwalesargus.co.uk/news/11102482.ARGUS_COMMENT__The_mystery_of_Nida_Naseer/

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nc1995
Back