Found Deceased UK - Nida Ul-Naseer, 18, Newport S. Wales, 28 Dec 2013

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The BBC have a video of the area up now, without commentary. It looks so desolate and the scene is so, so reminiscent of those opening clips of True Detective. It just gives me the chills. Poor, poor person who ended up there, whoever they are. :(

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-wales-south-east-wales-26772438

You're right, it's a very bleak and desolate area - I visited myself on New Year's Eve 2013 for a walk with family who are into bird watching (it's an RSPB nature reserve). Unfortunately it sounds like poor Nida may have been there at the same time as I visited. At this time of year the reserve would be pretty quiet - it's very open to the elements and the weather has been terrible apart from the last few weeks. Also much of the reserve is closed to the public - you can only walk on fixed trails - so i wonder if the body would have been found by a ranger or employee.

Well, I'd need a lot of persuasion to believe she walked there unaided, especially being barefoot and without a coat.

Strange that she was found so soon after police said they were stopping the searches to find her.

Personally, from the moment her disappearance was made public, I didn't believe she had walked away from home voluntarily - and nothing has made me change my mind since.

RIP Nida. I hope you have found more peace now than it appeared you had during your lifetime and I hope you get justice, however this situation was caused.

I wonder if the police knew/suspected foul play and announced they were stopping the search to try and get the persons involved to think the heat was off them, and to dispose of the body? Or is it that the body was there all along? I'm just thinking maybe they thought that by calling the search off, someone might think they had got away with it, and do something to slip up? Or maybe I'm just too cynical.

Poor girl, I wonder if they'll ever know what happened.

Nida sorry you lived such a restricted life, never allowed to open your wings,
now you can soar princess.
You WILL get justice. X
Don,t believe for one minute you ran away barefoot, no coat in December. Sounds crazy.
Story about university is bizarre, as failed asylum seekers family will be deported, never an option to stay here. actually has been over a year since were told will be deported, guess will be delayed even more now!.
Could have gone to uni in Pakistan.

A very sad end to this missing person's case. All my best wishes and dreams...

I have to say, I find the story surrounding Nida's disappearance incredibly suspicious and implausible.

So hope they can establish cause, to give Nida justice.
Bloody angry story she left barefoot coatless, and put rubbish out is weird.
Oh flip what if she needed to escape, only excuse she could come up with to get out the door was a domestic chore, then ran!. Reason for escaping then cought up with her!.

Believe nothing the family have said contradict everything.

I have to say, I find the story surrounding Nida's disappearance incredibly suspicious and implausible.

I couldn't agree with you more. Very strange. I'm so very curious to know how she died....and why.

I don't know...even her sister said she was upset. Teens can be very emotional and all too hasty, as we have seen, in allowing a moment to overcome them. I do not believe that foul play had to be involved. JMO

Precious little Nida appeared to have no voice in life.
All we can do is give her justice !.
Give her a voice in death!!.

Police have confirmed it is Nida. And I just heard on BBC news they are 'not looking for anyone in connection with her death'. That means they do not believe there was any foul play.

I am very surprised. The circumstances of her disappearance were so suspicious. I'm guessing this means they believe Nida ran to the river barefoot and fell or jumped in. And nobody saw a thing.

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-wales-south-east-wales-26792526

Interview with her college friends at the link.

Nida was a precious young lady, who was so isolated by family in my opinion.
I an angry!. Come to this country and treat your daughter like a prisoner, then she goes missing then found dead, from a culture that thinks women mean nothing.
I so could have protected this young lady!. Have a lodger from India. She is lovely, family wanted to marry her off she ran.
All legal and she has a visa.but they could never ever know where she is, ever.

I cannot understand why people are speaking out now, when there was such silence before when Nida was missing and needed to be found........

We don't know that Nida felt imprisoned, Finlaggan, I think. She was allowed to go to college and I know Pakistani girls who were not. Nida's staying at home or with her sister everywhere could have been her choice.

Pakistan and India are very, very different. I've travelled to both. As different as say - France and Germany.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amakur
Back