UK - Nurse Lucy Letby Faces 22 Charges - 7 Murder/15 Attempted Murder of Babies #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok so I’m not sure if this article from Dec 2016 has been posted before (hopefully it’s ok to post it) as I only dipped in and out of the threads before the trial started. What I do remember being discussed is swipe data and accountability as to who was where when etc.

A northern trust is deploying 4000 infrared sensors to track the location of patients, staff, beds and valuable equipment throughout its hospitals.

The Countess of Chester Hospital NHS Foundation Trust will install the TeleTracking Technologies sensors in January next year.

The static sensors placed throughout the hospital will use infrared to register the movement of readable tags. The trust’s wifi network will send these reading to a “centralised care co-ordination centre”, where the data will be collated, displayed and relayed to relevant teams.

The sensors would manage bed occupancy and staff flows by creating a “virtual wall around the particular bed or location”. With staff and patients wearing readable tags, the sensors could then register who enters and leaves those spaces, he said.

The implementation is part of the Countess of Chester’s model hospital programme, based on the 2015 Lord Carter review.

Countess of Chester was selected as one of the trusts to be a proof of concept for Carter’s NHS model hospital scheme.

Maybe I’m reading too much into this IMO as to being too little too late for all parties involved including LL innocence or guilt. Also whether it’s been implemented because of what has occurred there rather than the guise of hospital efficiency IMO.

Ok so I’m not sure if this article from Dec 2016 has been posted before (hopefully it’s ok to post it) as I only dipped in and out of the threads before the trial started. What I do remember being discussed is swipe data and accountability as to who was where when etc.

A northern trust is deploying 4000 infrared sensors to track the location of patients, staff, beds and valuable equipment throughout its hospitals.

The Countess of Chester Hospital NHS Foundation Trust will install the TeleTracking Technologies sensors in January next year.

The static sensors placed throughout the hospital will use infrared to register the movement of readable tags. The trust’s wifi network will send these reading to a “centralised care co-ordination centre”, where the data will be collated, displayed and relayed to relevant teams.

The sensors would manage bed occupancy and staff flows by creating a “virtual wall around the particular bed or location”. With staff and patients wearing readable tags, the sensors could then register who enters and leaves those spaces, he said.

The implementation is part of the Countess of Chester’s model hospital programme, based on the 2015 Lord Carter review.

Countess of Chester was selected as one of the trusts to be a proof of concept for Carter’s NHS model hospital scheme.

Maybe I’m reading too much into this IMO as to being too little too late for all parties involved including LL innocence or guilt. Also whether it’s been implemented because of what has occurred there rather than the guise of hospital efficiency IMO.
OK
I can bet my favourite donuts :D that this "Virtual Wall" system has everything to do with what we are following now on WS.

And nothing with enigmatic "proof of concept.....bla bla"

The upper management must have been absolutely shaken by unfolding events.

JMO

Last edited:
OK
I can bet my favourite donuts :D that this "Virtual Wall" system has everything to do with what we are following now on WS.

And nothing with enigmatic "proof of concept.....bla bla"

JMO

Ha!!

I’m still trying to get my head around it.

In July 2016 health chiefs ordered a review following a rise in neonatal mortality rates at the CoCH. Which was expected to be completed Aug 2016.

The article I posted for TeleTracking is from Dec 2016.

Cheshire Police called in to review in May 2017, etc etc.

Maybe we can put some pieces together here. I’m wondering if this is the first time we have heard from this doctor who can’t be named. I know others were not named before but not sure about this one. Seems so by the Chester standards article. Says he was signed on @ the countess in 2016. So presumably wasn’t present for the other cases. We also know child L events happened in April 2016. I don’t know what to think about his potential as a partner. If he was only around for a few months I wouldn’t guess LL could develop particularly strong feelings for someone in that time. Unless she is that type for want of better words. Hopelessly in love very quickly type of thing, head over heels. I’m doubting that though.

we know she was very much thinking of starting a family, new home, good job, stable prospects etc

im not sure if this has implications for the previous events relating to seeking attention from potential partners before either. I would guess it rules that out. If guilty.

Could this be the fella who was seen by her new neighbours at her new house? Interesting idea I think.

is the display of emotion related to the things that could have been?

on why this display of emotion at this time I wouldn’t read too much into it. There is allot of potentials here.

had she cried or showed emotion before now as she did at the hospital how could it be read? Is it remorse as a root, Guilt, regret for the could have beens, if she was angry how could that be read?

as far as I know she has remained still and silent. Just passing notes every now and then. Very difficult to read maybe for a reason. Maybe that could relate to someone genuinely in shock and unable to show emotion. Strong potential there as it’s such a long time since 2016 and she has been in prison for 5 years since.

tbh I think the display of feeling indicates she is capable of it. That says something.
jmo though.

as an afterthought. Him being new to the hospital might have created a good scene for a romantic interest to start. New doc walks in meets the senior nurses ie LL gets off to a good start and the loveball starts rolling. Coinciding with her getting the new house.

Last edited:
Ha!!

In July 2016 health chiefs ordered a review following a rise in neonatal mortality rates at the CoCH. Which was expected to be completed Aug 2016.

Sounds like sub optimisation in all its finery. Insensitively timed to say the least.

Maybe we can put some pieces together here. I’m wondering if this is the first time we have heard from this doctor who can’t be named. I know others were not named before but not sure about this one. Seems so by the Chester standards article. Says he was signed on @ the countess in 2016. So presumably wasn’t present for the other cases. We also know child L events happened in April 2016. I don’t know what to think about his potential as a partner. If he was only around for a few months I wouldn’t guess LL could develop particularly strong feelings for someone in that time. Unless she is that type for want of better words. Hopelessly in love very quickly type of thing, head over heels. I’m doubting that though.

we know she was very much thinking of starting a family, new home, good job, stable prospects etc

im not sure if this has implications for the previous events relating to seeking attention from potential partners before either. I would guess it rules that out. If guilty.

Could this be the fella who was seen by her new neighbours at her new house? Interesting idea I think.

on why this display of emotion at this time I wouldn’t read too much into it. There is allot of potentials here.

had she cried or showed emotion before now as she did at the hospital how could it be read? Is it remorse as a root, Guilt, regret for the could have beens, if she was angry how could that be read?

as far as I know she has remained still and silent. Just passing notes every now and then. Very difficult to read maybe for a reason. Maybe that could relate to someone genuinely in shock and unable to show emotion. Strong potential there as it’s such a long time since 2016 and she has been in prison for 5 years since.

tbh I think the display of feeling indicates she is capable of it. That says something.
jmo though.

as an afterthought. Him being new to the hospital might have created a good scene for a romantic interest to start. New doc walks in meets the senior nurses ie LL gets off to a good start and the loveball starts rolling. Coinciding with her getting the new house.
I didn't know about a guy visiting her house? Haven't been able to source anything on LL's love life at all....

Ha!!

I absolutely do not believe in coincidences like these.

Suddenly an "out of the blue" project checking staff movement appeared and...

Ladies and Gentlemen!

A CoC Hospital was chosen! Wow!
;)
JMO

I can't seem to find where she mentioned the poor skill of other staff before, but may have missed it.

I remember her referring to others not pulling their weight.

There were 5 babies in room 1 on the shift where she texted "poor skill mix". LL had two and Mary Griffith had L & M, we haven't heard who had the fifth. Baby L was allegedly given an overdose of insulin and baby M was allegedly injected with air. Do you think she was referring to her own skills or Mary's? Mary was very senior, having worked there for 40 years. LL was texting her friends and her mum for much of the shift. I wonder if LL, if she is guilty of the alleged attacks on babies L & M, was manipulating her off-duty colleague into believing that there was chaos at work because of staffing issues, a deflection, so that they wouldn't suspect her.

Babies L & M didn't die, thankfully.

JMO
She'd have a cheek referring to Mary's skills as rubbish after 40 years! I'm not quite sure why LL was not happy with skill mix. She was in room 1 at the time with two babies and Mary had two babies too. The rest of the unit is ' low care' so doesn't even require a band 5 nurse. Nursery nurses should suffice.
The thing I am grappling with in relation to child M's cardiac arrest is how he came to get to such a point of deterioration. Presumably someone was in the room with him at the time so the deterioration couldn't have gone unnoticed. Why did it take 25 mins of resus and 6 shots of adrenaline to bring him around? Why didn't baby M respond to Neopuff? And if it is an air embolism, what happens to the air bubble eventually to make child M fine again? It's not like you can fart it out!

jmo though.

And, I think that when this doctor (who mustn't be named!) was caring for BabyL, there was a long break from strange inexplicable collapses - I think for over a month.
Hmmm

JMO

I didn't know about a guy visiting her house? Haven't been able to source anything on LL's love life at all....
This is the quote.

“Another neighbour said: “I have seen her going in and out of the house with a man who I presumed was her partner but don’t know anything about her. I don’t know if she is a nurse or not.”

I think if it was her dad the age difference would be noted.

Ha!!

That's very interesting. I think it could all be related.

By August/September the health chiefs may have realised it could have been malicious attacks taking out these vulnerable babies. And I am sure they wished they had records of exactly who was in which room and exactly when, in order to rule it out.

Morning guys, just catching up with this week, thank you for everyone who is doing the updating and the biggest thanks to @Tortoise whose timelines have kept me sane.

Also, WOW!! at her finally crying in the dock yesterday over the name of the witness, I think you guys are bang on the money about he who shall not be named.

Neither am I.

Doctors and nurses saved the lives of the twins, which is testament to their skills. IMO

The skill mix of the shift refers to the number of trained staff vs untrained etc.

Say for example a shift should have 6 staff with a ratio of .. 1 band 7 team leader.. 3 band 5/6 trained nurses ..1 band 4 nurse assistant and one band 2 care assistant...but

On the shift is the 6 staff ....but.. say 1 x 7 leader ..only one band 5/6 ..2 x band 4 ..and 2 x band 2

A nurse would say they don't have the correct skill mix on shift ...imo

The skill mix of the shift refers to the number of trained staff vs untrained etc.

Say for example a shift should have 6 staff with a ratio of .. 1 band 7 team leader.. 3 band 5/6 trained nurses ..1 band 4 nurse assistant and one band 2 care assistant...but

On the shift is the 6 staff ....but.. say 1 x 7 leader ..only one band 5/6 ..2 x band 4 ..and 2 x band 2

A nurse would say they don't have the correct skill mix on shift ...imo
Wondering if in that situation any one individual might be responsible for a limited number of tasks? Rather than mixing it up a bit, which is some peoples preference.

Well the consultant certainly touched a nerve today.
It’s always all about HER.
I think I know more about her than I did two days ago.

My guess is this was about him asking to be screened from her. She knew he was going to testify, at some point. His doctor's notes would have been read into evidence on Wednesday. His appearance wasn't a surprise and she'd had time to privately have her feelings about that.

I think a screen, in certain situations, could make a very powerful statement.

As adults we all know how to cry quietly in public settings, and not make a scene.

IMO, either she chose not to remain composed, or she didn't have control over herself. Both can lead to further information about her.

I believe, if she chose to make a scene so that she could 'speak' to him about her feelings through the screen, she was trying to have an effect on him, and it was more important than the trial setting and the jury.

I believe it's the latter, that she had a burst of feelings, feelings of impotence perhaps, not brought on by him but by the screen, she had anticipated being able to see him, he quashed that anticipation, and she was impulsive and had some kind of a child-like reaction, perhaps rage. It doesn't feel like sadness with the associated drama. IMO

My guess is this was about him asking to be screened from her. She knew he was going to testify, at some point. His doctor's notes would have been read into evidence on Wednesday. His appearance wasn't a surprise and she'd had time to privately have her feelings about that.

As adults we all know how to cry quietly in public settings, and not make a scene.

IMO, either she chose not to remain composed, or she didn't have control over herself. Both can lead to further information about her.

I believe, if she chose to make a scene so that she could 'speak' to him about her feelings through the screen, she was trying to have an effect on him, and it was more important than the trial setting and the jury.

I believe it's the latter, that she had a burst of feelings, feelings of impotence perhaps, not brought on by him but by the screen, she had anticipated being able to see him, he quashed that anticipation, and she was impulsive and had some kind of a child-like reaction, perhaps rage. It doesn't feel like sadness with the associated drama. IMO
I agree, a kind of 'look what you made me do' type thing, you've upset ME so much and now I'm crying and it's your fault there's a big scene happening now.

MOO

Exactly this

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members