UK - Nurse Lucy Letby Faces 22 Charges - 7 Murder/15 Attempted Murder of Babies #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dan O'Donoghue

@MrDanDonoghue
·
11s

On whether Child N had received an injection of air on 3 June, Mr Myers put it to Dr Evans that there was no evidence of an injection of air and that the medic was attempting "to work a piece of evidence in to support" his theory on air embolus.

Dan O'Donoghue

@MrDanDonoghue
·
25s

He disagreed and said he was "applying standard clinical practice" in his review and said it was written with knowledge of previous babies in this case. "I think that we have to seriously consider that this baby was a victim of air embolus on 3 June", he said.

Dan O'Donoghue
@MrDanDonoghue
·
48s

Mr Myers has jut been questioning Dr Evans about how he was approached to review these cases. He says he was approached. Mr Myers pulls up an email from 2017 that Dr Evans sent to the National Crime Agency telling them the death's at Chester 'sound like my kind of case'
Oh dear, that's not going to help. If the barrister is asking the question, they normally know the answer already, just tell the truth!

Dan O'Donoghue
@MrDanDonoghue
·
48s

Mr Myers has jut been questioning Dr Evans about how he was approached to review these cases. He says he was approached. Mr Myers pulls up an email from 2017 that Dr Evans sent to the National Crime Agency telling them the death's at Chester 'sound like my kind of case'
“Sound like My kind of case”…. Sure, if you love reading about unrelenting misery and loss .

Deary me.

Dan O'Donoghue
@MrDanDonoghue
·
11s

On whether Child N had received an injection of air on 3 June, Mr Myers put it to Dr Evans that there was no evidence of an injection of air and that the medic was attempting "to work a piece of evidence in to support" his theory on air embolus.

Dan O'Donoghue
@MrDanDonoghue
·
25s

He disagreed and said he was "applying standard clinical practice" in his review and said it was written with knowledge of previous babies in this case. "I think that we have to seriously consider that this baby was a victim of air embolus on 3 June", he said.
Is it me or does this just scream "confirmation bias"?

Has his response been reported yet? The national crime agency have a list of experts..did others approach them or just him? Is it usual practice for people to put themselves forward ..and presumably even if he did they didn't have to assign him

Has his response been reported yet? The national crime agency have a list of experts..did others approach them or just him? Is it usual practice for people to put themselves forward ..and presumably even if he did they didn't have to assign him
Yeah I don't think it's necessarily a bad thing he approached them, doesn't change my opinion but I can see the 'they approached me' and then the email showing he asked them has the potential to damage his credibility with the jury. Wonder what they make of it..

Is it me or does this just scream "confirmation bias"?
I don't think so. How can identification of clinical data be called confirmation bias?

By this stage he's using an already identified pattern, to inform himself. Knowing that not all symptoms are present in all cases, which makes initial diagnosis harder. IMO.

And it turns out it followed more than just that pattern of symptoms, it followed another pattern of designated nurse going on a break, and of LL being with the baby.

MOO

Yeah I don't think it's necessarily a bad thing he approached them, doesn't change my opinion but I can see the 'they approached me' and then the email showing he asked them has the potential to damage his credibility with the jury. Wonder what they make of it..

Yea he could be a liability depending how he appears in court.

I wonder if the Jury see Myers as clutching at straws and distracting ...or Evans as unreliable

Not necessarily...its his job to review and either confirm or dismiss ...it would be his kind of case either way
It's the comment about
He gets paid to review such cases not decide on guilt ...so to review so many babies is obviously his type of case
It's the comment he made about how how he wrote the report, though.

" ....and said it was written with knowledge of previous babies in this case."

That tends to suggest that the previous babies he looked at throughout this case might be having some bearing, possibly one which brings him to the same conclusion, on this one. Clearly it is in his mind as he said it was.

Would he have arrived at the same conclusions had he not examined the other cases? That is a pertinent question to ask, surely?

This is a relevant question; someone who puts themselves forward might be holding pre-conceived ideas one way or the other.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1