UK - Nurse Lucy Letby Faces 22 Charges - 7 Murder/15 Attempted Murder of Babies #16

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Exactly -^-
The case is complicated enough - Nobody can know EXACTLY what happened minute by minute but the records are very clear.
This thread is in danger of exhaustion if it’s going over the same points endlessly for no real gain.

I think I read it an a very old article and thought it peculiar.

It certainly would be! Personally I think it unlikely, but in the end it doesn't affect anything about the case, does it?

I think I read it an a very old article and thought it peculiar.

Was it that the on call exec who the Consultant spoke to out of hours was from the urgent care division?

Dan O'Donoghue
@MrDanDonoghue

I'm back at Manchester Crown Court this morning for the murder trial of nurse Lucy Letby. The jury will continue to hear evidence in relation to Child Q, who the Crown say Ms Letby attacked in June 2016. The premature baby boy was her final alleged victim

Dan O'Donoghue
https://twitter.com/MrDanDonoghue

First witness of the day is nurse Samantha O'Brien, who was working a nightshift on 24 into 25 June 2016. She was the designated nurse for Child Q on that shift

From reviewing her notes, she tells the court that Child Q was 'stable' on the night of 24 June. The court has previously heard that the baby boy collapsed on the morning of 25 June and required breathing support

Last edited:

Dan O'Donoghue

A doctor, who cannot be named for legal reasons, is now in the witness box - she was working a night shift on 24 going into 25 June 2016

@MrDanDonoghue
Her clinical notes from that shift record that Child Q was 'very unsettled' into the early hours of 25 June - she said he was 'more unsettled than I would expect'. Her notes question whether he could be suffering from sepsis

[I WISH WE KNEW THE EXACT HOURS---INTO THE EARLY MORNING OF JUNE 25TH? What does that mean? ]

Dan O'Donoghue

https://twitter.com/MrDanDonoghue

Nurse Mary Griffith, who was working a day shift on 25 June, is now in the witness box

Nurse Griffith tells the court that on the morning of 25 June she was in nursery two. She was caring for another baby, when Ms Letby asked her to keep an eye on Child Q while she went to check on another child in her care in nursery one

Minutes after Ms Letby left, Child Q's alarm sounded and Nurse Griffith attended him with another nurse - soon after doctors were called onto the unit, as Child Q needed breathing support

[...] She said she called for help from nursing shift leader Minna Lappalainen, who was at the nursing desk station opposite.

Mrs Griffith said the passage of time between Letby leaving and the alarm sounding was “minutes” but she could not say exactly how many.

[...]

Ms Lappalainen also recorded Child Q’s nasogastric tube was used to aspirate his stomach by “Nurse L Letby”.

The court heard the defendant made a separate note of “air++ aspirated from tube”.

[...]

Nick Johnson KC pointed out an unsigned observation chart entry for this baby was made at 8.30am.

He asked Ms Lappalainen: “If this child had observations at 8.30am, would you expect the child to be observed at 9am?”

The witness replied: “Not necessarily if the patient is stable.”

[...]

How far off are we for this trial concluding?

They seem to match up perfectly in Baby Q:

According to the record, Child Q's heart and respiratory rates both increased for a short period of time.But, the prosecution say, the feeding chart shows something 'unusual'.

That chart is shown to the court. The 9am fluid chart, in Letby's handwriting, appears unfinished, with numbers noted for fluids, but no record for the feed or Letby's signature initials at the bottom of the 9am column.

The prosecution suggests something caused Letby to leave halfway through doing this...

Letby signed for medication for another baby at 9.04am.

The other nurse agreed to keep an eye on Child Q at 9am.

A few minutes later, Child Q's monnitor alarms activated to alert staff to a deterioration in his condition.

Mr Johnson: "We say that Lucy Letby had sabotaged [Child Q] and had injected him with air and a clear fluid into his stomach via the NGT. She was trying to kill him

SO LL WAS WITH BABY Q AT 9 AM-----leaves suddenly, and asks another nurse to take over

A few minutes later baby Q's alarm goes off asa he starts to collapse
Hmmm. It sounds like her being called away was random on this occasion.

Nick Johnson KC pointed out an unsigned observation chart entry for this baby was made at 8.30am.

He asked Ms Lappalainen: “If this child had observations at 8.30am, would you expect the child to be observed at 9am?”

The witness replied: “Not necessarily if the patient is stable.”
Just pointing out this questioning ^ was in relation to the baby LL left suddenly to go to in room 1 at 9am.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dylanfoxx