UK - Nurse Lucy Letby Faces 22 Charges - 7 Murder/15 Attempted Murder of Babies #16

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry, this sentence is so strangely constructed I have problems understanding the meaning.
"They could be explained" as the consequences of collapse?
Or not?

I "think" they're saying though they can't say for sure that he received a brain injury from air and liquid being injected, it could be that the brain abnormaliites were from that. It is worded badly or possibly just carefully, though.

Maybe one for the nurses as I could be completely misunderstanding this...

Apparently Baby Q had an umbilical venous catheter (UVC) and was receiving Babiven via that, and was only having trophic 0.5ml milk feeds.

Does a UVC bypass the stomach? Meaning the stomach would be empty other than the tiny 0.5ml trophic feed (if and when it was given)?

If so could that be why LL is alleged to have possibly injected clear fluid as well as air? Because otherwise there wouldn't have been enough fluid in Baby Q's stomach to bring up/vomit, and she couldn't use excess milk as it would be noticed as Baby Q's feeds were only 0.5ml?

Letby made notes on Child Q's fluid/feeding chart at 8am. Child Q was receiving nutrition Babiven via a UVC.

Yes, the stomach would be empty apart from the mucousy fluid it naturally produces & any milk given. A UVC is a long catheter which goes into a deep vein.

I "think" they're saying though they can't say for sure that he received a brain injury from air and liquid being injected, it could be that the brain abnormaliites were from that. It is worded badly or possibly just carefully, though.
Very carefully is my guess.
You can have your pick.

JMO

I think they were on to her by then----They were suspicious and wanted her off the floor BEFORE baby Q collapsed. So I doubt she had a chance to be alone with that baby after the collapse. JMO
I think she may have had an inkling that they were on to her after Baby O and Baby P, which is why she changed her MO to leave the room and make an alibi. If this was the case and she was trying to remove herself from suspicion, I think it worked against her...
JMO, and if guilty

I think she may have had an inkling that they were on to her after Baby O and Baby P, which is why she changed her MO to leave the room and make an alibi. If this was the case and she was trying to remove herself from suspicion, I think it worked against her...
JMO, and if guilty
I'm not convinvced she even had an inkling tbh because if you were guilty and thought they were on to you, it'd make more sense not to try to kill any more babies at all the next day.

IMO if guilty

Last edited:
Dan O'Donoghue
@MrDanDonoghue
·
9m

Lucy Letby's murder trial continues at Manchester Crown Court this morning. We'll be hearing evidence from doctors and medical experts in relation to the collapse of a baby boy, Child Q, in late June 2016

Dan O'Donoghue
@MrDanDonoghue
·
9m

Today could well be the last day of prosecution evidence. Over the past six months we've heard in detail about the deaths of 7 babies and collapses of 10 others between June 2015 and June 2016 at the Countess of Chester Hospital.

https://twitter.com/MrDanDonoghue
Dan O'Donoghue
@MrDanDonoghue
·
10m

In the week following the collapse of Child Q, Ms Letby was removed from frontline nursing duties and given a clerical role - in which she remained until she was arrested by Cheshire Police. She denies all charges against her.

----

PS, I won't be here for rest of day if anyone wants to post the updates.

I'm not convinvced she even had an inkling tbh because if you were guilty and thought they were on to you, it'd make more sense not to try to kill any more babies at all the next day.

IMO if guilty
But she may have, allegedly, been too out of control to be rational, and to do what makes sense. NONE of the alleged actions make any sense. And that allegedly didn't stop her or slow her down too much. JMO

Maybe these "mythical" clerical duties simply mean Administrative leave (staying at home) with salary intact?

Dbm

Last edited:
Maybe these "mythical" clerical duties simply mean Administrative leave (staying at home) with salary intact?
IDK---there are probably a lot of clerical duties that needed to be done. And she had filed a grievance and had her union supporting her, and there was no solid evidence at that time---so I bet they did put her to work.

She could answer phones, help with scheduling and ordering meds and supplies, file paperwork, organise etc, etc, as a way to keep a pay check coming.

IDK---there are probably a lot of clerical duties that needed to be done. And she had filed a grievance and had her union supporting her, and there was no solid evidence at that time---so I bet they did put her to work.

She could answer phones, help with scheduling and ordering meds and supplies, file paperwork, organise etc, etc, as a way to keep a pay check coming.
Dealing with meds? o_O
How frightening!

If guilty, of course.

JMO

Dealing with meds? o_O
How frightening!

If guilty, of course.

JMO
No, NOT touching them or giving them to patients. But she could reorder supplies through the system they have set up. There is no way she could harm anyone doing that.

But she may have, allegedly, been too out of control to be rational, and to do what makes sense. NONE of the alleged actions make any sense. And that allegedly didn't stop her or slow her down too much. JMO
True. I just think it's more likely if guilty, that she was completely oblivious, as she was on such a high after killing two of the triplets( after allegedly failing to kill more than one multiple before) but was also frustrated that she didn't get to kill the third triplet so tried to kill Baby Q instead.IMO, if guilty etc.

No, NOT touching them or giving them to patients. But she could reorder supplies through the system they have set up. There is no way she could harm anyone doing that.
Whatever :D
More time for texting.

Thank goodness this trial is slowly coming to an end.

Could we in WS's "Jury Room" organize a poll "G/NG/Not sure?

But I think only when real Jury will be deliberating, no?

True. I just think it's more likely if guilty, that she was completely oblivious, as she was on such a high after killing two of the triplets( after allegedly failing to kill more than one multiple before) but was also frustrated that she didn't get to kill the third triplet so tried to kill Baby Q instead.IMO, if guilty etc.
I can see your point. I do agree, she may have, allegedly, been on a high and been somewhat oblivious.

But I do think it appears like she tried to change things up, deflect a bit, by asking the co-worker to watch baby Q, right when she knew he was probably about to deteriorate quickly. She made sure to be signing off on another baby's medications and be seen in another nursery at that critical time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dylanfoxx