UK - Nurse Lucy Letby Faces 22 Charges - 7 Murder/15 Attempted Murder of Babies #16

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Besides, all relevant info is on the tablets the Jurors were given, no?

The good news is that the end is nearer rather than further.
Phew!

I have been following this trial since day 1.
In fact, my whole school year!
(as we start holidays in June and I guess Jury's deliberations will begin in May).

Well,
following the "the Letter of the Law" is the most important thing!

Nobody wants a mistrial, right?

JMO

Last edited:
I'm waiting to hear the evidence on this. So far I don't think it's been stated by anyone in court that she remained in a clerical role for two years until her arrest, but I could have missed it. The reporter said it, but he hasn't attributed those words to anyone in court, afaik.
Our friend Dan reported that she was, but I don't know the source of that info, or who he was quoting.

https://twitter.com/MrDanDonoghue
Dan O'Donoghue
@MrDanDonoghue

In the week following the collapse of Child Q, Ms Letby was removed from frontline nursing duties and given a clerical role - in which she remained until she was arrested by Cheshire Police. She denies all charges against her.

Our friend Dan reported that she was, but I don't know the source of that info, or who he was quoting.

Dan O'Donoghue
@MrDanDonoghue

In the week following the collapse of Child Q, Ms Letby was removed from frontline nursing duties and given a clerical role - in which she remained until she was arrested by Cheshire Police. She denies all charges against her.
exactly, I'm not relying on it because it could be error on his part.

Dan O'Donoghue
@MrDanDonoghue

They seem to gloss over this period. Maybe the podcast will give further details...

Is there any reason to suppose it might not be accurate?
I'm 50/50 on it, only because Dan is not always 100% accurate. He sometimes uses the wrong letter for babies he is posting about, calling Baby P when he means Baby O, for example.

ETA: But I do want to add, I GIVE HIM MAJOR PROPS FOR ATTENDING THE TRIAL AND REPORTING AS OFTEN AS HE DOES. Without him we would miss a lot more info.

I'm 50/50 on it, only because Dan is not always 100% accurate. He sometimes uses the wrong letter for babies he is posting about, calling Baby P when he means Baby O, for example.
Really??
Poor man!
This burden must be too much!

ETA: But I do want to add, I GIVE HIM MAJOR PROPS FOR ATTENDING THE TRIAL AND REPORTING AS OFTEN AS HE DOES. Without him we would miss a lot more info.

It's just that it seems to be reported everywhere. But maybe they're all making the same assumption!

Is there any reason to suppose it might not be accurate?
I haven't seen it reported as such in either the opening statements or as a matter that has been raised during the evidence of any of the witnesses in the trial. Although as I said, maybe I missed it.

They seem to gloss over this period. Maybe the podcast will give further details...
I find it difficult to believe that she was sat doing admin work for two whole years. Yes, I know she instigated grievance procedures, which I think must relate to this, but if she's a deranged killer, or innocent, then she'd surely be kicking up a hell of a fuss almost daily.

And, yes, I've mentioned this before, but if their suspicions were that she was causing deliberate harm then what the hell were they doing even letting her on the premises?

I remember reading that LL lived with her parents.
When did she move to her home town?
I guess it happened after 1st arrest and bail.
But, who knows.

JMO
Yes, I think it did. Her address was given as Hereford when she was charged. I recall checking the sold data on her house in Chester and it was sold in 2019, I think.

Edit: yes, checked and was bought in May 2016 for just under £179k, sold December 2019 for £201k.

Last edited:
I remember reading that LL lived with her parents.
When did she move to her home town?
I guess it happened after 1st arrest and bail.
But, who knows.

JMO

As far as I know, she lived in hospital accommodation after qualifying then bought a house around April 2016.

Dbm

Last edited:
Snippet from google

The jury has been told that Letby was moved to “clerical duties” around the time of June 2016 and that later a lengthy police investigation began. She continued to undertake clerical duties at the hospital until July 2018, when she was first arrested.15 Mar 2023

Yes, I think it did. Her address was given as Hereford when she was charged. I recall checking the sold data on her house in Chester and it was sold in 2019, I think.

Edit: yes, checked and was bought in May 2016 for just under £179k, sold December 2019 for £201k.
So it was sold long before she was finally charged in November 2020 and long after her first arrest in July 2018. Possibly put on the market after her rearrest in June 2019.

So it was sold long before she was finally charged in November 2020 and long after her first arrest in July 2018. Possibly put on the market after her rearrest in June 2019.
Not sure if RightMove records when it was put on the market but it could have been up for a while. She was arrested the second time almost exactly a year after her first arrest, I believe, so I reckon any likelihood of her staying there after that would have been just about non-existent, by then regardless of innocence or guilt. Four or five months seems a reasonable time to get a house sale done.

if babies burp then i think a certain amount of gas is probably normal in the stomach as it’s not a vacuum
Sorry I'm late to this, and apologies if it's been answered.

IME as a NICU Mum (not medically trained), when my daughter started having bottles of milk was the first time she ever burped or had gas. In fact, I even remember my husband asking a nurse, when my daughter was 8 weeks old, what a burp would sound like in such a small baby, because we had never heard it up to then. Reason being that NG feeds don't let any air in. As a parent who had been in NICU for a while, I was allowed to give my daughter NG feeds and shown how to aspirate, test the aspirate and then give the feed. Every step ensured that no air was pushed down the tube. Even when giving oral medications (ranitadine, domperidone, abidec etc), we were shown how to prepare the syringe so not even a fraction of a ml got in to the syringe.

Equally, when she was having bottles and would inevitably take in some air, one time, because she couldn't "burp" and get the air back up and she still had her NG tube, the nurse aspirated the air. You could hear it coming back up the tube and it was less than 2ml in the syringe. I can't even begin to imagine some of the volumes of air mentioned in this trial.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Momo1