UK - Nurse Lucy Letby Faces 22 Charges - 7 Murder/15 Attempted Murder of Babies #17

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Your post reminded me of a message from Lucy that I saw yesterday about her relationship with her parents:

The next day, she messaged the same colleague: ‘Nice lunch break, told [my] mum about needlestick and got a huge lecture about not being careful enough, overworked, doing too much etc.’

He responded: ‘That’s not what you need. She’ll be concerned that you’re not looking after yourself. Huge lectures aren’t fun are they?’

Letby said: ‘My parents worry massively about everything and anything, hate that I live alone etc. Didn’t know whether to tell them or not but I thought I better had in case anything comes of it. Lectures are not fun.’

The doctor responded: ‘It sounds hard for all of you. I’m sure “letting go” of your child (probably the most precious thing in your life) is difficult, especially if you don’t stay local or do a job renowned for bad conditions and potential risks. What did you tell mum?’

Letby said: ‘I know, I feel bad because I know it’s really hard for them especially as I’m an only child and they mean well, just a little suffocating at times and constantly feel guilty.

‘Told her I was fine, accidents happen, wasn’t anyone’s fault, just one of those things and bloods etc all precautionary.’

I thought this was kind of a hint about how some of those family vacations went. It seems like after every long vacay with them, she came back to work kind of unhinged?

Her messages above seem to kind of downplay it but she did admit to massive guilt and feeling suffocated at times.
It’s strange that she says she debated with herself on whether to tell her mum about the needlestick, knowing her mum was overprotective etc, but chose to “in case anything comes of it”.

I’m not a nurse, but I doubt being pricked by a needle from a premature baby without any known infection is particularly high risk? Compared to dealing with drug addicts etc. It feels like the kind of thing that, if I was in Letby’s position, I definitely would NOT tell my mum, knowing I was fine and it would do nothing other than to worry her. If, on the tiny chance anything did come of it, I’d probably let my mum know then.

It kind of ties in with the idea that she went looking for sympathy and praise for the job she does etc. JMO.

Did we ever find out where she lived before buying the house? Was she at her mum and dads? Or renting with housemates maybe?

It’s strange that she says she debated with herself on whether to tell her mum about the needlestick, knowing her mum was overprotective etc, but chose to “in case anything comes of it”.

I’m not a nurse, but I doubt being pricked by a needle from a premature baby without any known infection is particularly high risk? Compared to dealing with drug addicts etc. It feels like the kind of thing that, if I was in Letby’s position, I definitely would NOT tell my mum, knowing I was fine and it would do nothing other than to worry her. If, on the tiny chance anything did come of it, I’d probably let my mum know then.

It kind of ties in with the idea that she went looking for sympathy and praise for the job she does etc. JMO.

Did we ever find out where she lived before buying the house? Was she at her mum and dads? Or renting with housemates maybe?
I think before buying her house she lived at the student quarters.
I wonder what kind of attachment styles she had with her parents..

I completely agree, why on earth would you tell hem? She must have known what the response would be. And you're right, the risks would be minimal.

Bergerac I wonder if that’s to do with the lady whose last name is De Berger, or discussion of France, it’s hard to figure out the association really.
I would think that anyone with the name De Berger (since the TV show Bergerac began) would be pretty much doomed to be called Bergerac for most of their life.

I would think that anyone with the name De Berger (since the TV show Bergerac began) would be pretty much doomed to be called Bergerac for most of their life.
Whiskey could even be an extension of the Bergerac nickname.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Momo1