UK - Nurse Lucy Letby, Faces 22 Charges - 7 Murder/15 Attempted Murder of Babies #24

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would love to be in court for testimony about babies O, P and Q. I really think they were the pivot point, where it all become so horribly obvious. I don't think she will be able to maintain the veneer of innocence during that sequence. JMO

Definitely not finished for Baby K, Nick Johnson specifically mentioned he was questioning her out of order, and that he just wanted to get a bit of this case in before they finished for the day.

I wonder if this was tactical because the jury can spend all weekend with the absolute zinger of hearing Lucy coaxed into finally admitting she was at the baby’s cot when she collapsed.
The resistance she's put up to admitting she was there just defies reason if, as is her case, the tube wasn't secured properly. JMO

I would love to be in court for testimony about babies O, P and Q. I really think they were the pivot point, where it all become so horribly obvious. I don't think she will be able to maintain the veneer of innocence during that sequence. JMO
Do you think we will get there by Wednesday ?

Baby N is around the time that LL was texting what seems like 24/7 with doc choc. I wonder if we're going to see some dramatics with LL over any of that. I'll be disappointed if NJ KC doesn't revisit it, because I think she had him wrapped around her little finger at the time of N through Q, and even beyond, when he was letting her know about consultants' meetings.

MOO

A few have mentioned her Freudian slip, but I must have missed it and scanning back can’t find what you’re referring to. Would you mind? Thank you kindly

3:41pm

The photo of the cot, as shown previously, is displayed.

NJ: "Do you agree it is accurate?"

LL: "No...there would be more light visible. The cot would potentially be nearer to the light.

LL: "I think it was nearer to the workbench than that."

Mr Johnson asks how big Child I's hands would be - Letby says they would be small.

Mr Johnson says Child I would be almost entirely obscured.

LL: "Just her hands and her face."

NJ: "Which would be covered by that tentlike structure."

LL: "Not entirely no."

Mr Johnson asks how Letby could spot something Ashleigh Hudson could not, as mentioned from her police interview.

LL: "I had more experience so I knew what I was looking for - at."

NJ: "What do you mean looking 'for'?"

LL: "I don't mean it like that - I'm finding it hard to concentrate."

3:44pm

The judge, Mr Justice James Goss, says it "has been a long day" and the trial is adjourned for today.

Recap: Lucy Letby trial, May 25 - cross-examination continues

15:45

Letby refuses to answer a question - as judge ends early​

The court is being shown an image of nursery two in a state of almost total darkness.
Nick Johnson, the prosecution barrister, asks if this is an accurate representation of what it was like on 12/13 October, when Letby is alleged to have attacked Child I.
"No," says Letby.
The cot has a tent-like structure over it - Letby says this is to "minimise bright light" to the baby.
"There is almost nothing to see," Mr Johnson says.
"Just her hands and face," Letby replies.
"Which could have been covered by that tent-like structure," Mr Johnson says,
"Not entirely no," says Letby.
She refutes what a colleague previously said - the colleague said people "can't see anything" from that doorway.
'Maybe I spotted something that [colleague] wasn't able to spot. The rooms are never that dark that you can't see the baby at all,' Letby previously said in a police interview.
She now says she had more experience "so knew what I was looking for".
"What do you mean by that," Mr Johnson asks.
There is silence as Letby refuses to answer the question.
Letby then says she is finding it "quite hard to concentrate on all of the dates".

The judge then concludes proceedings early, "having observed the witness" he says it has been a "long day" for Letby.

Lucy Letby trial live: Nurse accused of murdering seven babies to continue giving evidence

The prosecution's case is that she knew what she was "looking for" because she'd caused it.

While silently refusing to answer the question after her slip-up, she also apparently alternated between closing her eyes for a few seconds, and her eyes darting from left to right.
It seems both days ended with "mic drops":

1 - Fr slip and eyes darting

2 - K's cot and
"Dance me to the end of trial"

(I'm humming L Cohen's
"Dance me to the end of Love") :)

How on earth, if you're Ben Myers KC, do you put together a closing argument when the defendant has contradicted her own defence? I don't know, maybe he'll rein her back in when he gets to re-examine her.
I think he has to try to 're-clarify' some of her slip ups. My defense attorney Dad, may he RIP, was good at that.

Meyers will possibly do what NJ did, but in reverse. So he will say something like ''you did tell the KC that you did not have an independent memory of that specific incident, correct?"

"Yes, that's correct"

"So when you were asked if you accepted you were standing at cot side, that was your answer to a leading question, not necessarily something you remember, correct? "

"Yes, that's correct"

Meyers will have a whole lot of reclarifications to get through though ---not sure it will be very effective or successful.

He might also try to undue some of her 'acceptances'---Not sure how exactly, but it is often by trying to change the wording, or the definition of the word 'accept'----" When you were asked under cross, if you 'accepted' that statement, did you mean you believed it to be true, or were you just complying or surrendering, for the sake of this trial process?"

As someone has mentioned before somewhere & which is a very good point imo if she was trying to kill baby i
Then why would she draw attention to the baby by pointing out he/she looked pale.
It just doesn't add up really.

As someone has mentioned before somewhere & which is a very good point imo if she was trying to kill baby i
Then why would she draw attention to the baby by pointing out he/she looked pale.
It just doesn't add up really.
I think it makes perfect sense. The goal is not 'the death' ----the goal is to create chaos and then get attention and sympathy for being a hero and a martyr. The goal is getting praise and acknowledgement for being such an amazing nurse and for saving babies and sometimes losing them but still carrying on in spite of such tragedy. Teamwork.

I think if she just wanted to murder them, she could have given them a very fast acting poison or smothered them with something or given them much more air at one time. In fact, none of the babies were just found dead. That would take the excitement out of it for her, IMO.

She made it more of a game----each child was given a chance to 'fight' for recovery. Often they would collapse 2, 3 or 4 times. It mirrored fate, just as she said. She LOVED being involved in the resuscitation process.

So it was exciting for her when she could point out a baby that was about to collapse. That is what she craved. And that was what she was looking FOR, not at.

Last edited:
I think it makes perfect sense. The goal is not 'the death' ----the goal is to create chaos and then get attention and sympathy for being a hero and a martyr. The goal is getting praise and acknowledgement for being such an amazing nurse and for saving babies and sometimes losing them but still carrying on in spite of such tragedy. Teamwork.

I think if she just wanted to murder them, she could have given them a very fast acting poison or smothered them with something or given them much more air at one time. In fact, none of the babies were just found dead. That would take the excitement out of it for her, IMO.

She made it more of a game----each child was given a chance to 'fight' for recovery. Often they would collapse 2, 3 or 4 times. It mirrored fate, just as she said. She LOVED being involved in the resuscitation process.

So it was exciting for her when she could point out a baby that was about to collapse. That is what she craved. And that was what she was looking FOR, not at.
Crikey i didn't know she said she loved being involved in the resuscitation process. Who did she say that to pls?

If guilty....

In some cases, IMO, she (allegedly) took out her anger and tried to "frame" unlucky colleagues,
and in one instance she seemed to try to impress Dr A calling him to take part in resus she (allegedly) orchestrated.

Always alert, always "on the watch" for opportunity, lurking in the shadows after hours at night.

Patients seemed "rubbish" to her - quoting her own words.

As if she was (allegedly) re-living some twisted fantasies.

JMO

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads