VERDICT WATCH UK - Nurse Lucy Letby, Faces 22 Charges - 7 Murder/15 Attempted Murder of Babies #29

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
[
Here is something else that is very suspicious about Baby C's case:

June 8th, Baby A died 90 minutes after being handed over to Nurse Letby. He was born in good condition and was not on oxygen and he did not die of a natural disease process, according to medical experts.

The first attempted murder of child A's twin brother, child B, took place the next night:
Just 28 hours later, Just after midnight, Letby started a bag of liquid feed with Child B, with the nurse, through an IV line.
At 12.16am Letby - while not Child B's designated nurse - took her blood gases.
About 28 hours after her twin brother had died, at about 12.30am, Child B's alarm sounded and Letby had called the nurse to the child's incubator. Child B was not breathing.
After efforts to resuscitate Child B, Child B "recovered very quickly".

About 3 days later, June 11th, another attack on child B:
A doctor subsequently found "loops of gas filled bowel".but he recovered.
The prosecution say this was a finding replicated many times in the upcoming cases.

So three days later, on June 14th, we have the 3rd child that was attacked---Child C.

Letby was the only nurse who'd been on duty for all three collapse incidents for Child A, B and C.

Recap: Prosecution opens trial of Lucy Letby accused of Countess of Chester Hospital baby murders
Thanks for reminding us how absurd that first alleged binge actually was. I know it's been said before but I have never come across one twin dying in a level 2 nevermind both and a third baby as well. Extremely rare. Yet that was just for starters...

I will be very surprised if there is no history of this in her past, before becoming a nurse, during her childhood and teenage years, if found guilty one doesn’t turn into a monstrous killer overnight. Obviously this is my opinion, but LL appears deeply in need of help, but what help God only knows.
However, whatever help she receives (if guilty) will not help the pain of the families of the teeny babies.

I will be very surprised if there is no history of this in her past, before becoming a nurse, during her childhood and teenage years, if found guilty one doesn’t turn into a monstrous killer overnight. Obviously this is my opinion, but LL appears deeply in need of help, but what help God only knows.
However, whatever help she receives (if guilty) will not help the pain of the families of the teeny babies.
Here is my guess---I don't think she will have attacked people or animals during her younger years. But if it does happen to be that she has the same affliction that so many other 'medical caretaker killers' have, then we will hear stories about her being a hypochondriac or histrionic, and perhaps super competitive with others, to the point of sabotaging their work out of jealousy. That is how early forms of munchausen-by-proxy often presents. JMO

I know that Narcissistic Personality Disorder has already been mentioned as a possibility. I've been looking into it recently to explain the behaviour of one of my in-laws, and it is uncanny how the traits of NPD are remarkably consistent in people with that condition. My in-law literally ticks every box. When you realise someone has NPD, you see every action in a new light. Superficially friendly, but sly, and when challenged they cry and play the victim. The worst thing is that they do not see other people as human - they are just pawns to be manipulated for their own selfish ends.

I know that Narcissistic Personality Disorder has already been mentioned as a possibility. I've been looking into it recently to explain the behaviour of one of my in-laws, and it is uncanny how the traits of NPD are remarkably consistent in people with that condition. My in-law literally ticks every box. When you realise someone has NPD, you see every action in a new light. Superficially friendly, but sly, and when challenged they cry and play the victim. The worst thing is that they do not see other people as human - they are just pawns to be manipulated for their own selfish ends.
That is a frightening disorder. I have had a few close calls with NPD's----never a fun experience. :oops:

I have been reading a lot about Munchausens to see if it was correlated with NPD. And I found something interesting:

What personality disorder is associated with Munchausen syndrome?

Some examples of the different personality disorders thought to be linked with Munchausen's syndrome include: antisocial personality disorder(external link opens in a new window / tab) – a person may take pleasure in manipulating and deceiving doctors, giving them a sense of power and control.

Munchausen syndrome may be caused by parental neglect and abandonment, or other childhood trauma. As a result of this trauma, a person may have unresolved issues with their parents that cause them to fake illness.

Munchausen's syndrome | nidirect

I feel that LL, if guilty of the alleged crimes, did enjoy manipulating and deceiving her co-workers and colleagues as it did make her feel powerful to be able to be in control of the unit in that chaotic way.

So it wasn't just about 'attention'---as it is sometimes described---but is more about power, manipulation and control. JMO

Last edited:
Oh no, another crash on the M56 causing delays - really hoping this doesn't affect the deliberations today, assuming everything else is in order.

I feel your pain with this one. My MIL has very obvious NPD now I know about it. I had years of being manipulated by her without realising it. She only finally showed her true colours during Covid lockdown when she refused to follow any rules and tried to force us to break rules too. The final straw came when she tried to barge her way in to her house on my birthday having agreed to do a doorstep visit because we weren't allowed in other people's houses. We had a massive falling out after that. I can never see her in the same light again as the NPD behaviour is so obvious now that I recognise it. I guess I should feel sorry for her in a way but I really can't. We stay civil for the sake of my husband and child but she hates me becuase she used to think I was an easy target and now she has realised that I won't stand for that.

Anyway, I did suggest a long time back that NPD may be a factor with LL, however that idea was kind of dismissed by another poster so it would be interesting to see what others think.

[
Thanks for reminding us how absurd that first alleged binge actually was. I know it's been said before but I have never come across one twin dying in a level 2 nevermind both and a third baby as well. Extremely rare. Yet that was just for starters...

I agree. It's very easy to get bogged down in details and lose sight of the bigger picture. The situation on that unit was beyond belief.

I feel your pain with this one. My MIL has very obvious NPD now I know about it. I had years of being manipulated by her without realising it. She only finally showed her true colours during Covid lockdown when she refused to follow any rules and tried to force us to break rules too. The final straw came when she tried to barge her way in to her house on my birthday having agreed to do a doorstep visit because we weren't allowed in other people's houses. We had a massive falling out after that. I can never see her in the same light again as the NPD behaviour is so obvious now that I recognise it. I guess I should feel sorry for her in a way but I really can't. We stay civil for the sake of my husband and child but she hates me becuase she used to think I was an easy target and now she has realised that I won't stand for that.

Anyway, I did suggest a long time back that NPD may be a factor with LL, however that idea was kind of dismissed by another poster so it would be interesting to see what others think.

You have my sympathy too. We had a bust-up last week. For ideas on dealing with it, I can recommend a YouTube video entitled. "Dealing with a coward spouse and the narcissistic in-law."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Manga