UK - Nurse Lucy Letby Faces 22 Charges - 7 Murder/15 Attempted Murder of Babies #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The note also says “I haven’t done anything wrong”. If so, why say you’re “evil”? Quite confusing

Post-it note scribbled by Lucy Letby is shown to court​

The court was today shown a note penned by the nurse featuring the scrawled words;

'There are no words. I am an awful person. I pay everyday for that'

'No hope. I can't breathe. I can't focus'

'I'll never have children or marry I'll never know what it's like to have a family'

'Kill myself right now. Overwhelming fear. I haven't done anything wrong'

'Police investigation. Forget. Slander discrimination victimisation'

'Despair, panic, fear, lost, HATE'

'Hate myself so much. All getting to much everything taking over my life'

'I feel very alone and scared'

'What does the future hold. How can I get through it. How will things ever be like they were'

'I don't deserve to live'

'I DID THIS WHY ME'

'I killed them on purpose because I'm not good enough to care for them, and I am horrible and evil person

'I don't deserve mum and dad. The world is better off without me'

'I AM EVIL I DID THIS'

I’ve suffered from depressive anguish myself, but these are really strong, confessional statements she’s alleged to have written here. I’d be very curious to know if LL has ever had documented mental health issues, as if she hasn’t I’m not sure the defence will be able to sell this note as being the spilling out of someone on the edge. This is dark, potentially incriminating stuff. JMHO.
I don't think a lack of pre-existing mental health issues will be detrimental to their argument. I'm sure that people could imagine that an innocent person accused of such heinous crimes could have a hysterical breakdown and write such a note out of despair. That the worries and pressure of the accusations cause them to behave in the same was someone with severe anxiety and/or depression. So if there aren't any documented issues, this is a reasonable perspective for the defence to suggest.

Applogies if this is completely irrelevant.

She moved into her home in March 2016, and subsequently sold it in December 2019.

It has been confirmed by the prosecution that handover sheets/paperwork were discovered relating to many of the infants involved in the investigation. This included a handover sheet pertaining to Baby B (attempted murder, June 2015). Confirmed in below tweet.

At least one of the handover sheets/documents was from an incident before LL moved house, and thus it’s not as simple as just documentation ‘accidentally’ being taken home and forgotten about. The documentation would have been relocated when she moved home, which begs the question of why she kept them in her possession.

Again, just thinking out loud as I feel there are a number of very questionable decisions/actions that have not yet been answered for. At the very least, they call into question LL’s practice in terms of ethics/confidentiality. Looking at the whole picture at the moment, it’s difficult to see how the defence explain all of these behaviours (the ‘coincidental’ timings, documentation, messages to colleagues, comments to colleagues/patients parents, evidence found at the property, Facebook searches in the months following incidents & the photographs on LL’s phone).

I'm still keeping an open mind as it also says I haven't done anything wrong and why me?
Yeah, personally it seems like someone who's in the middle of a panic attack or breakdown writing down their thoughts - scattered and contradictory as their mind isn't in a rational place at that point.

I don't think the note by itself is enough to suggest guilt or innocence. It's very grey and there's multiple reasonable explanations for its content (some that suggests guilt, some that suggests innocence).

The note also says “I haven’t done anything wrong”. If so, why say you’re “evil”? Quite confusing

Post-it note scribbled by Lucy Letby is shown to court​

The court was today shown a note penned by the nurse featuring the scrawled words;

'There are no words. I am an awful person. I pay everyday for that'

'No hope. I can't breathe. I can't focus'

'I'll never have children or marry I'll never know what it's like to have a family'

'Kill myself right now. Overwhelming fear. I haven't done anything wrong'

'Police investigation. Forget. Slander discrimination victimisation'

'Despair, panic, fear, lost, HATE'

'Hate myself so much. All getting to much everything taking over my life'

'I feel very alone and scared'

'What does the future hold. How can I get through it. How will things ever be like they were'

'I don't deserve to live'

'I DID THIS WHY ME'

'I killed them on purpose because I'm not good enough to care for them, and I am horrible and evil person

'I don't deserve mum and dad. The world is better off without me'

'I AM EVIL I DID THIS'

The line saying she will never marry or have children.. is she referencing that as a consequence or was it part of her fundamental self?

Without a date it's hard to analyse.

What exactly convinced her at the time of writing that she was liable to be jailed for her actions?

If this is a standard post it note I can't help but wonder why ? It's very unlikely she wouldn't have some standard size paper at home.
If it was some type of therapy you would grab some paper

Do we know what it says at the very top? Only thing I can make out is Not Good Anxiety, but that doesn't really make sense and I don't really think the third word is anxiety.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper