VERDICT WATCH UK - Nurse Lucy Letby, Faces 22 Charges - 7 Murder/15 Attempted Murder of Babies #30

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If they go into September you will end up with two jury members left. No way they could possibly last until September, they can’t even manage a full week now.

I didn't think the reason for the current short week was juror absence, given the reports:

'The 11 jurors are expected to resume deliberations on Tuesday, August 8, with the judge telling the jury that, "for good reason", the court cannot sit today (Monday).'

Has it been stated previously?

If they go into September you will end up with two jury members left. No way they could possibly last until September, they can’t even manage a full week now.
They might need to be heavily bribed.

I didn't think the reason for the current short week was juror absence, given the reports:

'The 11 jurors are expected to resume deliberations on Tuesday, August 8, with the judge telling the jury that, "for good reason", the court cannot sit today (Monday).'

Has it been stated previously?
Yes the “Good” reason was a juror appointment

I wonder whether there will be any early finishes this week if any of the jurors’ appointments couldn’t be rearranged? I suspect there could be JMO….

The last thing this trial needs is more hold ups IMO. Fingers crossed for a verdict today. I am hopeful that this week brings closure for all the victims families

"The 11 jurors resumed deliberations on Tuesday, August 8, with the judge telling the jury that, "for good reason", the court could not sit on Monday."

The 4.5 hours the jury spend deliberating per day is IMO nowhere near enough for the complexity of the charges and evidence.

IMO this trial could have been over and done with months ago had the court days from the beginning been 9-5. Even with absences, bank holidays, days court could not sit etc.. had the days been more like full days then this wouldn’t still be going on almost 10 months since it began, JMO.

But ifs, buts and maybes don’t change the way this trial has been conducted. At the end of the day the most important thing is that LL gets a fair trial and the jury get to hear all the evidence and deliver their true verdict. Hopefully justice will be served this week. I really feel for the families, not only having to hear the harrowing details during the trial but the stress and worry they must be feeling during deliberations.
MOO

Hoping today is the day we hear verdicts x

MOO

I am hoping and praying that they are all on the same page now and are efficiently moving through the charges. I just hope they can come to unanimous agreement on all of the murder charges and if they cannot do so on all of the ATs, so be it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HatsDom