VERDICT WATCH UK - Nurse Lucy Letby, Faces 22 Charges - 7 Murder/15 Attempted Murder of Babies #30

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I know we can't blame every thing on the defendant. I may be over thinking this---but I do think she might have been the person that 'accidentally' put Baby E's parents on the phone when Dr Gibbs [ I think it was] wanted to urgently speak to the parents of another baby that was collapsing. It just seems like something she might have enjoyed... :oops:

I think she liked creating chaos, and needed it sometimes to help her deflect from other tough situations.

Maybe her getting accidentally jabbed during the resuscitation---and her changing some observation notes, was done to create further confusion down the line.

And texting colleagues with faulty info further her own narrative?

So it's not that much of a stretch that she'd flood a sink or two if she needed to create a diversion. JMO It would also help her get into a nursery she wanted to be in, if one of the others was flooded with toxic water...

I think that if she did it (“innocent until proven guilty to the jury”), then, to me it is a combination of 1) control and 2) you know, this strange scientific observation game. You know kids who torture flies or butterflies? Observing what would happen if they tear off wings? Or legs? Feeling detached? I have heard of other forms, very odd, but this detachment was somewhat of a hallmark. I think she was trying to observe different ways of death, and voyeuristic visiting of parents’ FBs would be for the same reason.

I think she could have created a diversion, but not totally planned, just out of sheer madness. You know some behaviors that are inexplicable? They invariably end up in the punishment for the person who engaged in them, but ultimately, are passive-aggressive, disrupting the work by doing nothing? I think if she diverted something, it would be of that type.

I am far from blaming the flooding, the sign of poorly run establishment, on Lucy. I think it was their management that had to be blamed.

Regarding the needle stick injury during the resuscitation....just a question for the neonatal nurses really?... in adult resus everything is given intravenously so there wouldn't really be a situation where you would get a needle stick from a "used" needle...would that be the same?

It's the same, everything is IV. It's possible they administered something via a rubber bung I suppose. Or I guess it could be from a needle used to draw up drugs, though obviously that wouldn't be contaminated.

I think everyone should be glad the jury are taking their time and wanting to reach a considered verdict. Given the amount of time they've already spent on this trial, they would be forgiven for just wanting it over as quick as possible and getting on with their lives.

They haven't really even being deliberating that long. Given the amount of charges it's only a couple of hours per charge

As soon as I stop endlessly refreshing it will happen.
I say it every Sunday but I do think it will be this week.
During the week I keep checking in desperate not to miss it when a verdict is finally announced!

Will be gutted after following for so long if I find out the result by the ‘verdict watch’ header being changed to ‘guilty’ or ‘not guilty’ - once this thread jumps 20 pages in the space of an hour, we’ll know! I enjoy the anticipation of catching up page by page if I’m not around to watch it come in live.

Is there a way we can sign up to receive notifications from any MSM sites so we know instantly when a verdict is reached and can all gather here in WS ready for when it is announced?

It's the same, everything is IV. It's possible they administered something via a rubber bung I suppose. Or I guess it could be from a needle used to draw up drugs, though obviously that wouldn't be contaminated.

This is what I thought...strange..makes me feel it was more attention seeking or a way of removing herself from the area JMO

I quite like this picture purely from an artistic point of view, the grouping of people draws the viewer in. This is probably my favourite so far.

All due respect to court artists, who in this country aren't allowed to draw in court, only to make notes then complete their drawings afterwards.

I quite like this picture purely from an artistic point of view, the grouping of people draws the viewer in. This is probably my favourite so far.

All due respect to court artists, who in this country aren't allowed to draw in court, only to make notes them complete their drawings afterwards.
The expressions of emotions on each face are fascinating.

The jury isn't sitting today? Oh rats!

I am choosing to believe that there will be some individual contemplation going on, amongst the jury, members, even whilst they go about their daily life. (How could they not be considering what they have heard, in the court, and in the jury room?) Who knows, such contemplation may be key in coming to a verdict/s.

I am choosing to believe that there will be some individual contemplation going on, amongst the jury, members, even whilst they go about their daily life. (How could they not be considering what they have heard, in the court, and in the jury room?) Who knows, such contemplation may be key in coming to a verdict/s.
Hmmm....
It might be their escape from the gloomy case
Work is work
Life is life

JMO

Hmmm....
It might be their escape from the gloomy case
Work is work
Life is life

JMO
No one could blame them from wanting such an escape!

Maybe I am hoping their individual subconsciousness are busy on the case? I am learning a musical instrument. My teacher tells me that every practice is important. Sometimes, it is the day after missing a practice that things fall into place.(I'm not sure I'm explaining myself very well)

Sometimes, it is the day after missing a practice that things fall into place.(I'm not sure I'm explaining myself very well)
Yes, because sleep improves memory.

Even when you take a nap, your mind works surprisingly hard. It takes care of the consolidation of memories from the day and the "hands-on" assimilation of new skills, the acquisition of which you practiced before falling asleep. If you want to learn something new, regardless of whether the task requires manual or mental skills, take a nap at the end of the study. You'll do much better when you wake up.

It explains a missing practice but having a good night's sleep :D

JMO

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads