VERDICT WATCH UK - Nurse Lucy Letby, Faces 22 Charges - 7 Murder/15 Attempted Murder of Babies #30

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it is.
Thousands of naive women fall prey to predatory married office Casanovas.
It is naivety/stupidity.
But is it the sign of criminal mindset/personality disorder?

Bearing in mind all her other 'issues' if she's guilty then yes, probably.

Some women take a pride in knowing they've lured a married man, or enjoy secret liaisons, think it makes them more sexy, enjoy feeling 'dirty', or having something secretive, or having some power over that person, or knowing they could blackmail them.

There's a thousand different stories and unless we know what LL has to say on the subject, we're non the wiser as to how she feels. But if we're to take uninformed speculation about her personality, if she's convicted of these crimes, that could also bundle in with at least 'secrecy' and 'dishonesty' and mean something.

It’s a shame that he was able to stay anonymous, he has been able to keep his name out of the public eye when we know he atleast disregarded confidentiality at some point by relaying emails from staff members to LL. He also may have showered her with compliments and praise to the point she felt like she had everyone fooled enough that she could allegedly murder/attempt to murder 3 children in 3 days. The pace of attacks picking up tying in with the intensity of their communication and the compliments she was getting could have added to an alleged sense of power. Feeling as though she was admired, thought highly of by a more senior colleague, might have only made the idea that she was ‘the best nurse ever’ stronger.

The only reason I am glad he was not named is because his wife and children do not need to be connected to this terrible mess. They don’t deserve to have their names dragged into this so for that reason only, I am glad he has stayed anonymous.

All MOO

It’s a shame that he was able to stay anonymous, he has been able to keep his name out of the public eye when we know he atleast disregarded confidentiality at some point by relaying emails from staff members to LL. He also may have showered her with compliments and praise to the point she felt like she had everyone fooled enough that she could allegedly murder/attempt to murder 3 children in 3 days. The pace of attacks picking up tying in with the intensity of their communication and the compliments she was getting could have added to an alleged sense of power. Feeling as though she was admired, thought highly of by a more senior colleague, might have only made the idea that she was ‘the best nurse ever’ stronger.

The only reason I am glad he was not named is because his wife and children do not need to be connected to this terrible mess. They don’t deserve to have their names dragged into this so for that reason only, I am glad he has stayed anonymous.

All MOO

And following on from the shared email, it does beg the question as to what else might have been discussed.

And following on from the shared email, it does beg the question as to what else might have been discussed.

Unfortunately we're not allowed to speculate, discuss, or sleuth that person. I know this as I had my posts deleted and received a warning when I had thoughts and opinions, just to let you know :)

I would be ok with the present jury of 11 be given a 24 hour deadline for an unanimous verdict or 10 to 1. If no verdict can be arrived at, the hung jury should be dismissed with a thank you for your diligence and please go about your good cause appointments. Thereafter, each charge should be retried by a new jury hearing one case at a time. Yes, a new jury assembled for each charge. One by one. MOO.

I would be ok with the present jury of 11 be given a 24 hour deadline for an unanimous verdict or 10 to 1. If no verdict can be arrived at, the hung jury should be dismissed with a thank you for your diligence and please go about your good cause appointments. Thereafter, each charge should be retried by a new jury hearing one case at a time. Yes, a new jury assembled for each charge. One by one. MOO.
But each charge is a piece of the whole picture.
They are all interconnected by patterns.

And nobody can give an ultimatum to Jury.
It even sounds like intimidation :(
Isn't it against the law?

JMO

Last edited:
There's a heck of a lot of history to jury trials. At least the jury in LL trial not being subject to this!

'Later, in 1670, a jury at the Old Bailey declined to obey the judge’s direction to convict two Quakers, William Penn (1644–1718) and William Mead, despite having them locked up for days without food or fire or chamber-pot. The Court of Common Pleas, who heard the jury’s appeal, was forced to acknowledge that the right to trial by one’s peers, as stated in Magna Carta, entailed a right to acquit, irrespective of the judge’s view that the defendant was guilty.'

Full link here - British Library - jury trial

I am sorry but that would be utter insanity.
This is one case with multiple victims and indictments.

It's an odd suggestion as individually most, if not all, of the cases are extremely weak IMO.

Sure indeed, but I'm only interested in her personality and her behaviour. That doesn't diminish his, he's just not relevant to the matter that was under discussion.

@Tortoise, but he is. If he had an affair with her, not just "mere interest" then the value of his testimony is questionable. Also, I don't understand why the protection. Dr. A. People have to take responsibility for their actions. If, say, there were just an affair, I could see the value of protecting an unmarried woman who would later understand that she was one of the many for the man she liked and move on. But she is the accused one, and he is protected.

@Tortoise, but he is. If he had an affair with her, not just "mere interest" then the value of his testimony is questionable. Also, I don't understand why the protection. Dr. A. People have to take responsibility for their actions. If, say, there were just an affair, I could see the value of protecting an unmarried woman who would later understand that she was one of the many for the man she liked and move on. But she is the accused one, and he is protected.
Can you explain how he is related to whether she does what she wants without caring about the consequences?

I haven't mentioned anything about him or his testimony.

Can you explain how he is related to whether she does what she wants without caring about the consequences?

I haven't mentioned anything about him or his testimony.

To me, their affair highlights the general havoc of the atmosphere of the unit. My personal opinion, two cases in the long list look suspicious for intentional. The rest might be, but are lacking evidence.

She can absolutely do whatever she wants. So can he. Her side is part of the trial and probably contributes to the jury's negative opinion of her. In any case, it doesn't help her case.

He is totally protected, why? (Probably found another job and moved away.)

You have to ask yourself what kind of adult does this.
I know we can't blame every thing on the defendant. I may be over thinking this---but I do think she might have been the person that 'accidentally' put Baby E's parents on the phone when Dr Gibbs [ I think it was] wanted to urgently speak to the parents of another baby that was collapsing. It just seems like something she might have enjoyed... :oops:

I think she liked creating chaos, and needed it sometimes to help her deflect from other tough situations.

Maybe her getting accidentally jabbed during the resuscitation---and her changing some observation notes, was done to create further confusion down the line.

And texting colleagues with faulty info further her own narrative?

So it's not that much of a stretch that she'd flood a sink or two if she needed to create a diversion. JMO It would also help her get into a nursery she wanted to be in, if one of the others was flooded with toxic water...

Last edited:
The age old married man or woman affair is so emotive, we don’t actually know they did have an affair but I would be tempted to say they most probably did.
He was the married one not Letby so you would hope he had more about him than to go chasing after young blonde nurses and she should of kept well away.
I doubt he will do it again if he has any sense !
JMO.
I'm pretty sure he won't do it again! And if he did eventually screw up the courage to try it again after this tragedy/fiasco/embarrassment/whatever, I doubt he'd have any success, as by then he would have probably lost his looks, his figure, and his hair. No, I don't think Mrs Doc needs to worry about a repeat.

Regarding the needle stick injury during the resuscitation....just a question for the neonatal nurses really?... in adult resus everything is given intravenously so there wouldn't really be a situation where you would get a needle stick from a "used" needle...would that be the same?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HatsDom