GUILTY UK - Nurse Lucy Letby, murder of babies, 7 Guilty of murder verdicts; 7 Guilty of attempted murder; 2 Not Guilty of attempted; 6 hung re attempted #31

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I keep thinking if they had reached an impasse they would be telling the judge. How can they sit in the room day after day discussing the same thing, if they fundamentally disagree over some issues? They must surely still be working through at their own pace. I wish there were some questions.
I don’t think it helps the fact it keeps being fractured in terms of when and how long they sit. I can imagine a day or half a day being lost just catching with where they were at the last time they were deliberating.

I think these increased days will have a impact provided we have attendance for the rest of the week.

I keep thinking if they had reached an impasse they would be telling the judge. How can they sit in the room day after day discussing the same thing, if they fundamentally disagree over some issues? They must surely still be working through at their own pace. I wish there were some questions.
It could be that they are stuck on one or two and are leaving them until the end to see of people's opinions change after having examined the ones that appear easier to them. The other cases they may well be going through in very great detail which will inevitably be taking time.

It's been mentioned before that there will very likely be a lot of evidence which we haven't heard reported in detail but they obviously have. Perhaps the cases which look pretty clearly cut to us are in reality not as well defined as we imagine they are?

We were getting just a fraction of the evidence in the court write ups and we haven’t had a question in weeks it seems.
I am hopeful we could have a decision soon, literally EVERYTHING crossed.

Jul 24th, abt 11am - about 20 hours into deliberations - jury asked "can you please clarify how long it would take for babies' insulin to c-peptide ratio to return to normal after manufactured insulin is stopped"

Jul 26th, abt 3pm - about 31 hours into deliberations (abt. 11 hours after question 1) - jury asked to be read the agreed statements of baby H's father and two doctors involved in transport and care of baby H to Arrowe Park.

Jul 24th, abt 11am - about 20 hours into deliberations - jury asked "can you please clarify how long it would take for babies' insulin to c-peptide ratio to return to normal after manufactured insulin is stopped"

Jul 26th, abt 3pm - about 31 hours into deliberations (abt. 11 hours after question 1) - jury asked to be read the agreed statements of baby H's father and two doctors involved in transport and care of baby H to Arrowe Park.
On the first one, was this something that a witness said in court? I'm wondering otherwise how the judge would know.

On the second, do juries not have access to witness statements (or court transcripts), or are they expected to remember everything? I assume they can take notes, can't they?

(Curious as I'm on jury duty in Manchester for the first time in November).

On the first one, was this something that a witness said in court? I'm wondering otherwise how the judge would know.

On the second, do juries not have access to witness statements (or court transcripts), or are they expected to remember everything? I assume they can take notes, can't they?

Is it usual for jurors to be cited so far in advance in England? In Scotland it's 4 to 6 (max) weeks.

I don’t think it helps the fact it keeps being fractured in terms of when and how long they sit. I can imagine a day or half a day being lost just catching with where they were at the last time they were deliberating.

I think these increased days will have a impact provided we have attendance for the rest of the week.
This reminds me of when I was trying to learn the clarinet from a book. It was my dad's clarinet and book. I was away at Teachers College at the time, going home on alternate weekends. And yes, every time I got back to it, it took me nearly all weekend to catch up to where I was. After a year or so, I finally gave up at lesson 4! Dad made it to lesson 9 before he too gave up!

When the jury sends a question, if it's to do with the evidence, the judge discusses it with the prosecution and the defence and they make their cases for how they want it answered. The judge is the arbiter of disputes between them, if any, and then the jury is called for and the judge gives them their answer.

If jurors send a question during the trial you will see the same thing happening, he will send the jury to wait outside the courtroom if they need to discuss it without the jury being there, and then call them back in to court, or sometimes it will be a question they want to ask of the witness, in which case it will be asked, if approved.

Juries do not have written copies of agreed witness evidence or any witness evidence. The evidence is verbally given and the jurors may make notes if they want to.

When the jury sends a question, if it's to do with the evidence, the judge discusses it with the prosecution and the defence and they make their cases for how they want it answered. The judge is the arbiter of disputes between them, if any, and then the jury is called for and the judge gives them their answer.

If jurors send a question during the trial you will see the same thing happening, he will send the jury to wait outside the courtroom if they need to discuss it without the jury being there, and then call them back in to court, or sometimes it will be a question they want to ask of the witness, in which case it will be asked, if approved.

Juries do not have written copies of agreed witness evidence or any witness evidence. The evidence is verbally given and the jurors may make notes if they want to.
That is certainly eye opening to learn that.
What is on the iPads then ?

I can’t even imagine piecing this all together without having the statements in front of me.

But they would quickly realise that what nurse X said and expert Y said, wasn't appearing on their ipads and that they would HAVE to make notes if they had any chance of remembering. Surely!

That is certainly eye opening to learn that.
What is on the iPads then ?

I can’t even imagine piecing this all together without having the statements in front of me.
The iPads will probably be all the electronic evidence such as -

her texts
shift information - which nurseries the babies were in and which nurses were allocated where at relevant times
door swipe data
the relevant babies' clinical notes and charts

She is in HMP New Hall, She went to Styal originally then I think it was Bronzefield then Peterborough then finally New Hall. It would certainly make sense for her to be in Styal as it just 30 mins away if the traffic is on your side but clearly she’s been moved about for whatever reason.
Yes, that follows everything I had heard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member