GUILTY UK - Nurse Lucy Letby, murder of babies, 7 Guilty of murder verdicts; 7 Guilty of attempted murder; 2 Not Guilty of attempted; 6 hung re attempted #31

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I really would think that after both Closing Speeches, Summing Up and 9 months of sitting in Court listening to ALL witnesses,
each Juror entering deliberation room had their mind already made up.

JMO
It’s one thing having a general overall view but when they start going through each case individually I would personally massively struggle to recall much of each case individually unless I had written very detailed notes.

I tend to learn and remember things visually so that probably wouldn’t be much of a asset in a 10 month trial.

I really would think that after both Closing Speeches, Summing Up and 9 months of sitting in Court listening to ALL witnesses,
each Juror entering deliberation room had their mind already made up.

JMO
Were they not told to not form any opinions early on during the trial? Maybe I imagined it…

I know I’d find it hard not to after listening to the evidence.JMO

edit for unwanted apostrophe :rolleyes:

Last edited:
It’s one thing having a general overall view but when they start going through each case individually I would personally massively struggle to recall much of each case individually unless I had written very detailed notes.

I tend to learn and remember things visually so that probably wouldn’t be much of an asset in a 10 month trial.
Yep. Plus let’s not forget there are 11 (was 12) people discussing, disagreeing, not remembering, misremembering, plus inevitable group politics, personality clashes etc etc. im sure it’s been a headache for them all.

Let us not forget, the now eleven have to be convinced BARD, until/ or a guilty verdict is handed down then despite thoughts of any on here, LL is innocent of all charges.
Agreed. With all due respect, the thoughts and opinions of any of us on here are based on partial evidence and therefore not relevant.

Last edited:
We’re they not told to not form any opinions early on during the trial? Maybe I imagined it…

I know I’d find it hard not to after listening to the evidence.JMO
It's not that they are told not to form opinions, but to keep an open mind.

They are supposed to form opinions as they go along, just not conclusive opinions before they have heard everything.

I'm either totally obstinate, digging my heels in. Or really fickle and will change opinion depending on the last persons opinion that I heard. Nothing in the middle
I think a lot of people are like that unless they are trained in logic. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper