GUILTY UK - Nurse Lucy Letby, murder of babies, 7 Guilty of murder verdicts; 7 Guilty of attempted murder; 2 Not Guilty of attempted; 6 hung re attempted #31

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
All I hope is that the verdict will be the correct one, whatever that is. The scandalous wrongful imprisonment of Andy Malkinson for 17 years is at the forefront of many people’s minds in the U.K.
I've been thinking about that. I'm in a completely different part of the country but I wonder if it's getting even more coverage on the local news in Manchester/the North West where the jury pool will be drawn from. If it's giving them pause for thought it could be contributing to the lengthy time in retirement.

I agree that it might be more prominent than usual in some jurors’ minds.

”It is better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer.” (Blackstone’s Ratio, c.1760)

Jury Deliberations in R vs. Letby began on 10 July 2023.
The 2023 FIFA Women's World Cup began on 20 July 2023 and the final match is on Sunday (20 August 2023).
If the jury do not reach a verdict by close of play on Friday then this jury will have taken longer to decide if Lucy Letby is guilty or not guilty than the whole world took to meet across various venues in Australia and New Zealand to decide which nation's ladies are the best at association football.

All I hope is that the verdict will be the correct one, whatever that is. The scandalous wrongful imprisonment of Andy Malkinson for 17 years is at the forefront of many people’s minds in the U.K.
He was convicted on what the jury heard, it was that which was withheld by the police and prosecution which was the issue ,one hopes all relevant evidence was heard in this case.

He was convicted on what the jury heard, it was that which was withheld by the police and prosecution which was the issue ,one hopes all relevant evidence was heard in this case.
Exactly so. For me, the principle still stands, whatever the cause. Juries should be questioning every possible evidential anomaly. I’m baffled that in this particular case so few questions have apparently been asked. JMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrayZee