GUILTY UK - Nurse Lucy Letby, murder of babies, 7 Guilty of murder verdicts; 7 Guilty of attempted murder; 2 Not Guilty of attempted; 6 hung re attempted #32

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just out of interest did you follow the trial? Because this information was relayed many times during the trial.

Opening and closing statements and during the consultants' testimony and Letby's testimony.
I did but I can't remember that part of the timeline

I think that we might get another documentary/extended news programme tonight given that the trial will be concluded with more stuff we've not heard due to reporting restrictions and suchlike.

Also, given that Op Hummingbird is still active I'm half expecting her to be re arrested or even charged immediately after sentencing.

Very clear that most on here believe that Lucy is guilty.

Does anyone believe she is innocent or has concerns about the conviction?
I have concerns that the high seat management of that hospital mollycoddled a woman who was going round on a baby boshing free for all.

It's very clear that you yourself believe that she is innocent and have concerns about the conviction so I ask of you, please explain your evidence as to how you have concluded these opinions... Present it to us here the way the court presented it to the jury, whooooo then concluded beyond reasonable doubt that this woman is guilty of murder in the cases of 7 babies and attempted to murder 7 more... I assume that you are privy to all of the information and evidence presented in trial?

I did but I can't remember that part of the timeline
"Dr Gibbs, now retired, went on: “In the 11 months before the police got involved, after we raised concerns about the deaths of (Child O and Child P), senior management were extremely reluctant to involve the police to discuss what had happened because we had to keep insisting the police be involved.”

The following is copied from the BBC news website:

12:15
Why it's not easy to make people attend court

Ione Wells

Political correspondent

As we've reported, Lucy Letby refusing to appear for her sentencing today has reignited calls to make this mandatory.

Rishi Sunak said this morning the government is planning to change the law. Opposition parties agree.

But the issue lies in the practicalities, not the politics. And there are lots of questions about how this would work.

Firstly, if laws are toughened to punish people more if they don't attend - will people facing life sentences be deterred by the threat of a few more months potentially?

Secondly, there's the physical force required to drag someone from prison to the courts, and then potentially from the courts up lots of winding stairs to the docks.

This is currently possible if force is considered "reasonable" - but prison governors, and later judges, must make that call.

Then there is the issue of whether, if you drag someone to court against their will, will they try sabotage it by screaming and shouting and drowning out the judge?

Or shout abuse at grieving families or victims? Or produce an insult by simply sticking fingers in their ears?

There's potentially nothing stopping a sentence being streamed into someone's cell - but does this have the same impact if they can't be addressed directly? And again, they could just cover their ears.

Last edited:
I would not have waited 11 months. I would not have waited until hospital management did something. If I thought babies were being harmed I would have gone straight to the police and damn the consequences.

The following is copied from the BBC website:

12:15
Why it's not easy to make people attend court

There's potentially nothing stopping a sentence being streamed into someone's cell - but does this have the same impact if they can't be addressed directly? And again, they could just cover their ears.
The amp I use as my profile name (which I actually got wrong the 4 should be a 2) is old school 1970s kit.

If I were to turn the speakers to the wall it would permit the wallpaper off the neighbors living room!

She'd hear it in her cell well enough!

12:26pm

The courtroom is filling up with families and legal teams once more. Two prison dock officers are also present but Lucy Letby is not.

12:28

Letby still not in court​

ee1f1e45-2687-4090-816e-cd3f8b8e263c.jpg

Judith Moritz
Inside the courtroom
We're back in court
There are two dock officers in the dock, but Letby isn't there.

I'm reading Victims' Parents' Statements and crying with them.

Father's statement that LL was spying and feeding on his misery during the trial while he was in her line of vision, made me froze in terror.

Real terror o_O

I have followed this trial from the beginning, mostly on here and have commented a few times but not that much.

I have three children who were all born premature (28, 33 and 35 weeks). I've suffered with PTSD for 9 years since my eldest was born. My way of coping with this case was to stay very close to it, to read everything I could but to do it on my terms. It seemed to be the best way for me to manage it.

I was doing OK until last night. The flashbacks started and I couldn't sleep, playing over every difficulty my babies faced and thinking about what could have happened or what might have happened while I wasn't there. I finally fell asleep at 3am and then I woke myself up less than an hour later, having a nightmare and shouting myself awake.

I still felt a compulsion to read all of the victim statements and I'm watching the sentencing. Those poor babies, those poor families. That evil, horrible monster.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DebsDaughter