GUILTY UK - Nurse Lucy Letby, murder of babies, 7 Guilty of murder verdicts; 7 Guilty of attempted murder; 2 Not Guilty of attempted; 6 hung re attempted #32

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder about her childhood. That's the only bit that catches my attention as appearing so normal. Often there's a part of me that has a pang of empathy for those who commit heinous crimes when you look into their childhoods. Even though they comit awful things, you can almost understand why they are so disturbed. Hers just seems so normal?
Totally agree! Nature/nurture - you cannot discount the influence of either, despite (or in spite of) the intentions of people around LL (and everyone else)

I’d be really interested to hear more about Letby’s birth. Her friend said she’d had a difficult birth and been quite poorly, and she went on to idolise the nurses who cared for her, and follow the same career path.

I’d like to know just how poorly she was. Did she have collapses, did she require resuscitation, once, twice, was there one nurse in particular she’s been told about, did her mother talk about these nurses to her when she was a child, were these nurses credited with her being alive, were they thanked at times like birthdays and Christmases, was god the reason she lived, or fate, or was she a “fighter”. Was she a 34 weeker. Just how big a part of her identity was this.

I think some of these things could start offering some kind of insight into what was driving her.
I think it's a nice story worthy of a heroine who saves babies all day. I don't necessarily believe a word of it.

I think it more likely, like a typical low-empathy person who was working out how to be a human by mirroring and masking, she went into nursing because a bunch of her friendship circle was doing it and it was a way to seem exactly like the rest of them.

MOO

I’d be really interested to hear more about Letby’s birth. Her friend said she’d had a difficult birth and been quite poorly, and she went on to idolise the nurses who cared for her, and follow the same career path.

I’d like to know just how poorly she was. Did she have collapses, did she require resuscitation, once, twice, was there one nurse in particular she’s been told about, did her mother talk about these nurses to her when she was a child, were these nurses credited with her being alive, were they thanked at times like birthdays and Christmases, was god the reason she lived, or fate, or was she a “fighter”. Was she a 34 weeker. Just how big a part of her identity was this.

I think some of these things could start offering some kind of insight into what was driving her.
Or was it all lies? We got to hear LL talk about her background in court, how she'd always wanted to work with children, was the first of her family to go to university... yet no mention of how her traumatic birth and the amazing neonatal nurses who looked after her had inspired her to become a neonatal nurse and help other babies like her? And that's definitely the kind of thing the press would have picked up on, had she said it in court.

I could be wrong but I'm more inclined to think that she lied to Dawn about her traumatic birth, rather than it being something that was true that she just didn't think to mention in court.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper