GUILTY UK - Nurse Lucy Letby, murder of babies, 7 Guilty of murder verdicts; 7 Guilty of attempted murder; 2 Not Guilty of attempted; 6 hung re attempted #33

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
A WS-er, think it was @Blondiexoxo made an astute comment a few days ago. wtte of once the Netflix/TV documentaries are out and all the evidence that they didn't watch is out, they'll soon stop believing in her innocence.

I agree, doubt any of the LL supporters will speak to the Mail or press and it's why we don't have a direct quote attributed to sources with name withheld to the Mail, instead we have a quote to the Times.
However I'm not in least surprised that she still has supporters among her closest friends at Countess - this happened post Shipman trial. It split a community. Takes time for people to open their eyes and accept they were wrong.

quote from Times reporter which the Mail has copied
There are still a small number of people on the neonatal unit of the Countess of Chester who think she is innocent,' a source told The Times.

'They are finding it difficult to believe she could have done it, because for so long they were fed the narrative that Letby was being blamed by consultants who were making excuses for their own mistakes.
'
Thinking she’s innocent and finding it difficult to believe are very different things.

I find it quite difficult to equate the photos to the actions described in court and I don’t even know her. I also think it can be difficult to form your own opinion on cases if you’ve not in depth followed them. For example when I watch a true crime documentary about a past crime, I don’t ever really consider IF the person was guilty, I accept that they were convicted and are therefore guilty. The stories are told in a way that frames the convict as guilty “he did this and then he did this” opposed to “we believed he did this”.

If you look at Lucy at face value. You can accept she has been convicted and therefore is guilty. It might be harder to form your own opinion based off the evidence in court.

Also, even serial killers have friends I suppose. I don’t know that I see the two? People plus her parents that are sticking by her convinced of her innocence as anything unusual.

I think she had friends who no doubt WERE friends but they had double benefits. She gained information from them and that’s what she wanted as she thought she was almost one step ahead laying spurious scenarios and diagnosing when it was in fact her that had created the crash or death in the first place, same with the police interviews - she wanted to know what they had on her.
Friends with benefits you could say. I can’t see it just being platonic with Doc Choc but that’s just my take.

It’s the Daily Mail so take with the usual pinch of salt but as I said earlier in the thread I don’t think it’ll be the end of all this with LL.

This part's particularly interesting:

The Times also reports that nurses who appeared as prosecution witnesses during Letby's trial have been interviewed about other incidents said to have occured while the nurse was still allowed to walk the corridors of neonatal wards.

One said she had been questioned by officers about three unexplained collapses at the Countess of Chester, including one said to have happened in 2012 - the year Letby arrived.

Thinking she’s innocent and finding it difficult to believe are very different things.

I find it quite difficult to equate the photos to the actions described in court and I don’t even know her. I also think it can be difficult to form your own opinion on cases if you’ve not in depth followed them. For example when I watch a true crime documentary about a past crime, I don’t ever really consider IF the person was guilty, I accept that they were convicted and are therefore guilty. The stories are told in a way that frames the convict as guilty “he did this and then he did this” opposed to “we believed he did this”.

If you look at Lucy at face value. You can accept she has been convicted and therefore is guilty. It might be harder to form your own opinion based off the evidence in court.

Also, even serial killers have friends I suppose. I don’t know that I see the two? People plus her parents that are sticking by her convinced of her innocence as anything unusual.
That's interesting.
The photos - how she looks - never registered with me as a reason to believe or disbelieve

I would like to believe, when I follow a trial I notice weak evidence against a defendant. If I'd followed the Letby trial on here for 10 months as others have done, at some point during that process I'm bound to have been uncertain at some point.
Now that everything has been presented, that's different. We all have access to the totality so it ought to be easier to make a decision, almost as if you were a juror.

I agree that it's not unusual that a convict still has supporters - it's why I keep mentioning Shipman in this regard. Even after his imprisonment, many in Hyde still believed in his innocence, splitting the community.
They didn't start 'innocence ' campaigns though, social media wasn't available.

This part's particularly interesting:

The Times also reports that nurses who appeared as prosecution witnesses during Letby's trial have been interviewed about other incidents said to have occured while the nurse was still allowed to walk the corridors of neonatal wards.

One said she had been questioned by officers about three unexplained collapses at the Countess of Chester, including one said to have happened in 2012 - the year Letby arrived.

according to a link on Allitt which a member posted last week, B Allitt was hired on a Friday and carried out her first attack on the Monday! (Am not suggesting the pair are the same, but I was surprised that the idea or compulsion was already fully formed in BA)

btw, I hadn't realised that BA also shared the girlhood dream of becoming a nurse to work with children

I agree that it's not unusual that a convict still has supporters - it's why I keep mentioning Shipman in this regard. Even after his imprisonment, many in Hyde still believed in his innocence, splitting the community.
They didn't start 'innocence ' campaigns though, social media wasn't available.
Years ago I came across a website that claimed Ian Huntley had been set up and was completely innocent!

Has this been shared? It's a new article published about 9 minutes ago.
Lucy Letby detectives find evidence of 'malevolence' in 12 more cases
Thoroughly unsurprised. Thank you for sharing.

MOO is had Letby looked less benign she’d have been noticed earlier.

The entire neonatal unit’s consultant cohort had decades of experience each and couldn’t explain the collapses. That’s the big red flag. Than the indisputable insulin poisonings. LL is devious and very clever.

I think she had friends who no doubt WERE friends but they had double benefits. She gained information from them and that’s what she wanted as she thought she was almost one step ahead laying spurious scenarios and diagnosing when it was in fact her that had created the crash or death in the first place, same with the police interviews - she wanted to know what they had on her.
Friends with benefits you could say. I can’t see it just being platonic with Doc Choc but that’s just my take.
I do agree. The texts shown in court from LL to a colleague about flirting. Going on trips to London. No married guy with kids has the free time for that.

Her only emotional reaction in court was to him giving evidence - there’s more to that.

Interesting from one of the nurses:

Those who worked alongside Letby have their theories. One nurse, who gave evidence at the trial and asked not to be named, told The Times that she believed Letby craved the “drama and attention” that her attacks on babies brought.

“Hurting babies was a win-win situation for her,” she said. “If they didn’t die she’d get the praise of being the person who helped resuscitate them. If they died, she’d get the sympathy for being the one whose baby died while trying to save them.”...

The nurse who worked with her described her as enthusiastic and keen to learn, which occasionally bordered on being a “teacher’s pet”.
She was not universally popular on the unit, the nurse said, and “rubbed some people up the wrong way” with her “air of superiority”.

“There were people who thought she was stuck up,” she said. “I didn’t think she was cold but I could see why some people did. She liked things just so and she stuck to the rules rigidly — or at least gave the impression that she did. She was always quick to point out the failings of others. She would always be the first person to tell you off if you had done something wrong.”

Oo that’s interesting new info. She’d been reported as cold, not universally liked which is not the image we were sold of cute cuddly bunny Lucy. Quick to point out the failings of others? Definitely enjoyed being seen as an excellent nurse …

And so it begins.
Wow what a service to society: I agree everyone has basic legal rights etc but the evidence being circumstantial isn’t it. Anything can be circumstantial. Her being the last one in room minutes before arrest from air embolism (a rapid and aggressive way of arresting circulation because air gets stuck in vessels and occludes them) and the actual only person in on each and every occasion is damning. Why are they trying to free a baby killer

All MOO

"Lucy Letby grins for local paper photo to celebrate the fundraiser bosses made her a poster girl for -

hours after she murdered baby boy then tried to kill his twin brother."

1692906963733.png

Last edited:
Looking rather grim..

NHS bosses who failed to stop Lucy Letby have 'blood on their hands': Doctor calls for 'grossly negligent' hospital executives to be probed for corporate manslaughter after they said links between baby deaths and killer nurse were 'coincidence'​

EBM

About this supposed 'LO' that is marked in Letby's diary on dates that had incidents....what do you lot think about this?
To me it looks more like 'LD'
What could thse initials stand for? This is chilling to think about, like every aspect of this case

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 37
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 36
About this supposed 'LO' that is marked in Letby's diary on dates that had incidents....what do you lot think about this?
What could thse initials stand for? This is chilling to think about, like every aspect of this case
No idea. Can guess at possibly Lucy Decision. Lucy Death. If it's a D that is. Or even Lucy Day? Horrible whatever it is. JMO Edited to ask what LD (extra) means? MOO

I think someone said it probably just refers to "Long Day" shift. I can't remember who though, sorry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper