GUILTY UK - Nurse Lucy Letby, murder of babies, 7 Guilty of murder verdicts; 7 Guilty of attempted murder; 2 Not Guilty of attempted; 6 hung re attempted #33

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's all so terrifying. No wonder some people have a phobia of hospitals and medical people. :(

We keep hearing of these monsters, yet the people in charge never set up any safeguards to protect us and our loved ones.

LD was explained as Long Day and extra iirc was an extra shift she was asked to do.

would have to find relevant post

1:00pm

Another photo of Letby's bedroom is shown, with a wall slogan 'Leave Sparkles wherever you go'. The message is repeated on a small tabletop decoration.
A page from Letby's 2016 diary is shown to the court, with a note on April 8: 'LD [long day] twins'. The following day is 'LD twins resus]. It is followed in a different coloured pen by 'Salsa - Buckley'.
A page of June 20-26 from Letby's diary, has for June 23: 'LD ([name of Child O's initial])'
June 24: 'LD ([name of Child P's initial) A+E'
June 25: 'LD ([name of Child Q's initial)'

edited to add link for LD (still looking for extra)

About this supposed 'LO' that is marked in Letby's diary on dates that had incidents....what do you lot think about this?
To me it looks more like 'LD'
What could thse initials stand for? This is chilling to think about, like every aspect of this case

No idea. Can guess at possibly Lucy Decision. Lucy Death. If it's a D that is. Or even Lucy Day? Horrible whatever it is. JMO Edited to ask what LD (extra) means? MOO
It's LD for "long day" shift.

I linked to the mentions of it during the trial, earlier here

About this supposed 'LO' that is marked in Letby's diary on dates that had incidents....what do you lot think about this?
What could thse initials stand for? This is chilling to think about, like every aspect of this case
This was covered in the trial. LD stands for 'long day', which was the shift she worked on those days.

MOO

It's understandable that people feel this great sense of catharsis that Letby is being punished for her crimes.

I'm glad she's been caught, but I'm not kidding myself that hospitals are now safe places. Far from it.

I hadn’t really looked at this much before; but if you draw your eyes to the the photo on the right however, something has just caught my eye. Just below the “LD” day.. look at the box/date below it.

This is JMO but looks as though it reads; M 18wk. The only time I have seen something wrote like this is in relation to a pregnancy. There was discussion about M and something which was referred to in court, where M was thanking LL but we weren’t privvy to what that was about. It was very strange but wasn’t touched on further in the evidence (that we heard/read here). Why would you write something like that? There’s only one reason I could think of.

EBM: 26th Sunday
JMO

Last edited:
I hadn’t really looked at this much before; but if you draw your eyes to the the photo on the right however, something has just caught my eye. Just below the “LD” day.. look at the box/date below it.

This is JMO but looks as though it reads; M 18wk. The only time I have seen something wrote like this is in relation to a pregnancy. There was discussion about M and something which was referred to in court, where M was thanking LL but we weren’t privvy to what that was about. It was very strange but wasn’t touched on further in the evidence (that we heard/read here). Why would you write something like that? There’s only one reason I could think of.

EBM: 26th Sunday
JMO
I see 'Las Iguanas (maybe?) mi??ia 18:00
Perhaps a salsa class at 6pm?

I've just watched this; I think others here may be interested in it.

Really interesting . Thanks. There were a view points he accepted as facts that I would argue may not be, such as her having nearly died at birth, having not harmed babies before 2015, and her always having had a fear of not marrying and having children and being jealous of the parents(rather than that fear only appearing when she realised she could be imprisoned for life) but I agreed with the majority of what he said.

Sadistic narcissist with psychopathic tendencies (and possibly at least one narcissistic parent)

Thoroughly unsurprised. Thank you for sharing.

MOO is had Letby looked less benign she’d have been noticed earlier.

The entire neonatal unit’s consultant cohort had decades of experience each and couldn’t explain the collapses. That’s the big red flag. Than the indisputable insulin poisonings. LL is devious and very clever.
I agree completely that if she had not been young, female and pretty she may well have been noticed earlier. Whatever most people’s stereotypical idea of a serial killer is, it’s probably not that. I confess it certainly wasn’t mine. JMO.

We trusted Lucy Letby so much we wanted her to be our baby's godmother. Now we think she tried to kill him​

The couple now suspect that their boy was attacked by Letby, who picked him out as one of her favourites, even getting angry with other nurses when she wasn't allocated him to care for. Once, he was found with an unusual amount of blood in his nappy when Letby was looking after him. The doctors could find no real cause.

Another time, when the killer was his designated nurse, he suddenly collapsed inexplicably as she was about to hand him over to night staff. Fortunately, a doctor came to his aid and a senior nurse took over and he quickly recovered.

Letby also sent the tot's mother a handmade Mother's Day card with a polaroid photograph she had taken of their baby inside the incubator. Even though he was still requiring 24-hour oxygen, the image showed their son with no mask or oxygen tubes over his face. When the concerned parents queried this Letby dismissed their fears saying: 'I just thought you would like a picture of him with no tubes.'

The boy's father told the Mail: 'We had a handmade card and we assumed everyone on the ward got one. But they didn't, it was just us. Inside was a picture of my son with no breathing equipment. She said she took it out to clean or to sterilize it. Now everything's come to light, I should have questioned it more.'

Eight months ago the couple had another premature baby boy who also needed breathing help. They now know that Letby should never have been taking oxygen away from their first born.

Later, when the infant was discharged, Letby asked to be friends with his mother on Facebook and commented on posts when he ended up back in hospital, asking if he was 'needing any help with breathing?'. His mother added: 'Now, that gives me chills.

1692913269313.png

ETA (the baby was initially a twin) The 32-year-old, a student nurse, told the Mail she had an 'awful' pregnancy. She conceived twins, but lost one of the babies at eight weeks and began suffering from pre-eclampsia four weeks later.

Her son was born, weighing just 3lbs 2oz, nine weeks early by emergency C-section at the Countess of Chester Hospital in February 2016, nine months into Letby's killing spree. She was at his birth – her third night shift in a run of four.

Last edited:

We trusted Lucy Letby so much we wanted her to be our baby's godmother. Now we think she tried to kill him​

The couple now suspect that their boy was attacked by Letby, who picked him out as one of her favourites, even getting angry with other nurses when she wasn't allocated him to care for. Once, he was found with an unusual amount of blood in his nappy when Letby was looking after him. The doctors could find no real cause.

Another time, when the killer was his designated nurse, he suddenly collapsed inexplicably as she was about to hand him over to night staff. Fortunately, a doctor came to his aid and a senior nurse took over and he quickly recovered.

Letby also sent the tot's mother a handmade Mother's Day card with a polaroid photograph she had taken of their baby inside the incubator. Even though he was still requiring 24-hour oxygen, the image showed their son with no mask or oxygen tubes over his face. When the concerned parents queried this Letby dismissed their fears saying: 'I just thought you would like a picture of him with no tubes.'

The boy's father told the Mail: 'We had a handmade card and we assumed everyone on the ward got one. But they didn't, it was just us. Inside was a picture of my son with no breathing equipment. She said she took it out to clean or to sterilize it. Now everything's come to light, I should have questioned it more.'

Eight months ago the couple had another premature baby boy who also needed breathing help. They now know that Letby should never have been taking oxygen away from their first born.

Later, when the infant was discharged, Letby asked to be friends with his mother on Facebook and commented on posts when he ended up back in hospital, asking if he was 'needing any help with breathing?'. His mother added: 'Now, that gives me chills.

View attachment 442752

ANOTHER TWIN.

The 32-year-old, a student nurse, told the Mail she had an 'awful' pregnancy. She conceived twins, but lost one of the babies at eight weeks and began suffering from pre-eclampsia four weeks later.

ANOTHER TWIN.

The 32-year-old, a student nurse, told the Mail she had an 'awful' pregnancy. She conceived twins, but lost one of the babies at eight weeks and began suffering from pre-eclampsia four weeks later.
So many things sound familiar don't they! Baby E had blood in his nappy when LL was on shift too, like this baby.

View attachment 442752

ETA (the baby was initially a twin) The 32-year-old, a student nurse, told the Mail she had an 'awful' pregnancy. She conceived twins, but lost one of the babies at eight weeks and began suffering from pre-eclampsia four weeks later.

Her son was born, weighing just 3lbs 2oz, nine weeks early by emergency C-section at the Countess of Chester Hospital in February 2016, nine months into Letby's killing spree. She was at his birth – her third night shift in a run of four.
And we know exactly when this falls in the run of things.

The previous night she allegedly tried to murder a baby girl by tampering with her breathing tube. The jury failed to reach a verdict in her case.

Given the date, there's no doubt which child they're talking about. It's Child K.

Count 14 - attempted murder of Child K, a baby girl, on February 17, 2016: NO VERDICT

After Child K, the next child to have a charge presented to the court was Child L, who was attacked on the 9th April.

This baby fits into that gap. He went home at the end of March.

At the end of March 2016, after around five weeks on the unit, their son was well enough to be discharged. Shortly afterwards Letby asked to be friends with the mother on Facebook.

MOO

And we know exactly when this falls in the run of things.

The previous night she allegedly tried to murder a baby girl by tampering with her breathing tube. The jury failed to reach a verdict in her case.

Given the date, there's no doubt which child they're talking about. It's Child K.

Count 14 - attempted murder of Child K, a baby girl, on February 17, 2016: NO VERDICT

After Child K, the next child to have a charge presented to the court was Child L, who was attacked on the 9th April.

This baby fits into that gap. He went home at the end of March.

At the end of March 2016, after around five weeks on the unit, their son was well enough to be discharged. Shortly afterwards Letby asked to be friends with the mother on Facebook.

MOO

What I've noticed too is that she copies and responds with the exact emojis the mother uses.

1692914862947.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member