GUILTY UK - Nurse Lucy Letby, murder of babies, 7 Guilty of murder verdicts; 7 Guilty of attempted murder; 2 Not Guilty of attempted; 6 hung re attempted #33

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
A new Daily Mail article has another childhood picture of her, and the recollections of one of her peers from that time, who recalls 'an element of weirdness' about her.

No surprise here.
After all, she is a maniacal murderer of Babies.
It has not struck out of the blue.

The article does not open for me.
Has it been removed by DM?

It goes straight to comments.

Last edited:
British production company ITN has won the rights to make a documentary digging deep into the investigation by police that brought the UK’s worst child killer Lucy Letby to justice

The documentary could be distributed on the Netflix streaming platform or via UK broadcaster Channel 4.

Last edited:
Potentially another two babies attacked?

Naturally, whether or not LL was involved in harming these two babies, so many parents are going to be anxious and will appear in press reports now.

Feb 2013 baby Alvin & Sept 2015 Baby M.
Baby M parents now reside Lithuania
( Post mortem not done for Alvin 2013. PM 'heart & lung defect' for 2015 Baby M.
Appears that LE found some evidence for the 2015 death of Baby M, despite LE knowing there already was a P Mortem finding, but not enough info at link to know why LE did not pursue. LE also visited Alvin's mum with their initial suspicions. )

'Both mothers could be considered vulnerable – one is from Lithuania and does not speak much English, while the other has learning difficulties and struggles with reading and writing. Both believe Letby was present when they were at the hospital with their children.
The nurse appeared to have signed one baby’s baptism book, while the other infant’s father recognised Letby from media coverage of the trial.

Police officers contacted the families during their initial investigation but they were not included in the original case, which concluded earlier this month.'
Ms Morris, 35, said her son Alvin was born three weeks early in January 2013. Four days after the birth, he was diagnosed with muscular dystrophy (MD), an inherited genetic condition that causes muscles to weaken progressively. While MD can prove fatal for some infants, many people with it live into their 20s and 30s.
Ms Morris and her partner Mark Lewis, 39, said hospital staff told them that Alvin’s condition was “mild” and that he had been progressing well on the unit.
They had him baptised there, marking the occasion with a christening book signed by family and staff. In neat cursive – a style seemingly identical to Letby’s handwriting in diaries seen during the trial – one message reads: “To Alvin, with love on your special day, Lucy x.”
The killer was caring for Alvin in the 24 hours before his sudden death in February 2013, his mother recalled.
“She was in the room the day he died,” said Ms Morris, who remembers hearing Letby complaining to a colleague in the nursery that she did not feel well and needed to go home.
“And a couple of hours afterwards, he just died. That’s why I still think in my heart that she did something to him,” she said

Also, Emily Morris's description of LL's behaviour on the ward is notable but can't quote any more.
Photo of poor baby Alvin Morris at link - looks as healthy as consultants had described.

Baby M's mum describes their 2015 experience at the link above

Calendar chart of LL attacks for which she was convicted.
Month of Sept 2015 only includes attacks on one child Nurse Lucy Letby guilty of murdering seven babies on neonatal unit

Last edited:
It's beginning to feel like there will be no end to this :(
So
It seems, at first she (allegedly) chose her victims from vulnerable families:
- mother from Lithuania, not able to speak good English
- mother with learning disabilities

But, gaining confidence, she upped her game.

She was completely "out of control" as Mr NJ KC stated so rightly.

She made this hospital her own "slaughter house of the innocents".

Very, and I mean very disturbed, sick in the head criminal.

JMO

Because of copyright I couldn't paste too much of that article but noticed that reporter Liz Hull also says she claims to have been diagnosed w hypersensitivity and hypervigilance disorders. ( Have never heard of those as standalone disorders & haven't checked them out.)
So, a claim of PTSD from the arrests and is being treated w antidepressants,so must have a diagnosis of clinical depression too.

But the reporter catches her sharing jokes w the 2 prison officers when no one is looking and is normally careful about an emotionless mask.
'On a couple of occasions, I caught her sharing a joke with the prison officers who brought her to court each day, but as soon as she realised journalists, police officers, lawyers — and especially the jury — were filing in, the mask went back on......'

I don't doubt that anyone normal will be depressed at this point in crim justice process but could the blankness be contrived ? You posted y'day that she might be playing a role via that post it & I wasn't sure.
Maybe she is & does it often.
Is she self-selecting symptoms and then playing a role for the jury? eg. ' oh flat affect, that'll do, ' mousey voice, plus exactly as you say ' look victimised.' ( By contrast, totally controlled was description of LE chief Hughes in his last interviews. )
( Reports with quotes from anon close friends have said she was fun-loving playful w close friends. Testimony, texts and photos from her nursing days also show she's not typically emotionally expressionless)

PS noticed a criminologist also believes that when she got the special exemption from judge to enter courtroom first that that this was another sign of of her wishing to exert control of events.
Very likely, but it's also a very strong display signal to the jury. I am a traumatised victim. Dual benefits
Spot on Cottonweaver. JMO

British production company ITN has won the rights to make a documentary digging deep into the investigation by police that brought the UK’s worst child killer Lucy Letby to justice

The documentary could be distributed on the Netflix streaming platform or via UK broadcaster Channel 4.

Imagine being cast the part of LL! I think a lot of people would turn it down.

Potentially another two babies attacked?

Naturally, whether or not LL was involved in harming these two babies, so many parents are going to be anxious and will appear in press reports now.

Feb 2013 baby Alvin & Sept 2015 Baby M.
Baby M parents now reside Lithuania
( Post mortem not done for Alvin 2013. PM 'heart & lung defect' for 2015 Baby M.
Appears that LE found some evidence for the 2015 death of Baby M, despite LE knowing there already was a P Mortem finding, but not enough info at link to know why LE did not pursue. LE also visited Alvin's mum with their initial suspicions. )

'Both mothers could be considered vulnerable – one is from Lithuania and does not speak much English, while the other has learning difficulties and struggles with reading and writing. Both believe Letby was present when they were at the hospital with their children.
The nurse appeared to have signed one baby’s baptism book, while the other infant’s father recognised Letby from media coverage of the trial.

Police officers contacted the families during their initial investigation but they were not included in the original case, which concluded earlier this month.'
Ms Morris, 35, said her son Alvin was born three weeks early in January 2013. Four days after the birth, he was diagnosed with muscular dystrophy (MD), an inherited genetic condition that causes muscles to weaken progressively. While MD can prove fatal for some infants, many people with it live into their 20s and 30s.
Ms Morris and her partner Mark Lewis, 39, said hospital staff told them that Alvin’s condition was “mild” and that he had been progressing well on the unit.
They had him baptised there, marking the occasion with a christening book signed by family and staff. In neat cursive – a style seemingly identical to Letby’s handwriting in diaries seen during the trial – one message reads: “To Alvin, with love on your special day, Lucy x.”
The killer was caring for Alvin in the 24 hours before his sudden death in February 2013, his mother recalled.
“She was in the room the day he died,” said Ms Morris, who remembers hearing Letby complaining to a colleague in the nursery that she did not feel well and needed to go home.
“And a couple of hours afterwards, he just died. That’s why I still think in my heart that she did something to him,” she said

Also, Emily Morris's description of LL's behaviour on the ward is notable but can't quote any more.
Photo of poor baby Alvin Morris at link - looks as healthy as consultants had described.

Baby M's mum describes their 2015 experience at the link above

Calendar chart of LL attacks for which she was convicted.
Month of Sept 2015 only includes attacks on one child Nurse Lucy Letby guilty of murdering seven babies on neonatal unit

LL was on shift September 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th (2015).

From that article, re. M:

"In the early hours of Sept 4, the mother was woken up in the middle of the night to be told the situation had become urgent."

From the podcast re baby G: The Trial of Lucy Letby, Episode 9: Baby G, Part 1: “Just a little tiny thing” given just a 5% chance of survival at birth. But ‘she was a fighter.’ - The Mail.

"the evening of September the 6th is significant for two reasons, firstly it was Lucy Letby's final night of a block of four night shifts and this was the first block of night shifts she'd worked since the alleged attack on baby F almost five weeks earlier, and secondly it was significant because September the 6th was baby G's 99th day of life..."

Imagine being cast the part of LL! I think a lot of people would turn it down.
I will NOT watch anything concerning this criminal.

Im done.

I bet there were red flags right, left and centre.
But, unfortunately, people are gullible and only see what they want to see.

I certainly saw these flags, only reading the fragmented reports.

Good riddance LL!!!!!!

Nope. One of the surprising aspects of this case is the lack of red flags. We’ve a few remarkable incidents but other than that, very little to suggest she was acting out of sorts.

It’s interesting the police interview video. When she says “we’d all noticed as a team in general“ that to me almost seems a fake and calculated response. Anyone else get that? The way she says it is slick. I think other people mentioned seeing it in her texts when people are expressing sympathy for her. “It’s not about me, it’s about the poor parents” “our job is so hard sometimes“ “we will pull through it together“. I think it’s the same thing.

look at how she responds. Almost like realises something when her eyes dart off to her left and then she looks back to the officer. Wonder what she is thinking there. Anyone else get it?

It’s interesting the police interview video. When she says “we’d all noticed as a team in general“ that to me almost seems a fake and calculated response. Anyone else get that? The way she says it is slick. I think other people mentioned seeing it in her texts when people are expressing sympathy for her. “It’s not about me, it’s about the poor parents” “our job is so hard sometimes“ “we will pull through it together“. I think it’s the same thing.

look at how she responds. Almost like realises something when her eyes dart off to her left and then she looks back to the officer. Wonder what she is thinking there. Anyone else get it?

There is a second (male) officer sitting to the right of the one (think it may be Detective Sergeant Danielle Stonier) asking the questions. I believe that's who she was looking at.

She uses 'we' all the time when answering questions in court, when she should have been answering for herself. I've made a compilation of them which I need to find.

There is a second (male) officer sitting to the right of the one (think it may be Danielle Stonier) asking the questions. I believe that's who she was looking at.
I think your right but To me it looks like it’s quite a sharp reaction. Sudden compared to its preceding calm. It’s a quick and sharp jerk to look in that officers eyes. Maybe it was a burst in confidence in what she was about to say. Ll thinking “need to say something clever” then boom “got it” and that’s when she looks them straight in the eye and says it.

Gosh! I didn't realise you had managed to attend & saw her face to face plus you have defendants to compare her to.

Am struck by her having the stress ball and two comforters in pink & lilac but also that she's glacial. Did she make a show of these objects? ( Reporters certainly seemed to notice them)

No I didn’t notice any comfort blankets or stress toy. She was already seated ( as per her instructions ! ) I am not remotely surprised she had her props as it was obvious throughout the trial that concessions were being made for her that are certainly not afforded to Defendants generally. However annoying that seemed at the time I am glad she was “ indulged “ as she can have absolutely no come backs regarding her treatment at trial.
Judge Goss made sure of that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members