GUILTY UK - Nurse Lucy Letby, murder of babies, 7 Guilty of murder verdicts; 7 Guilty of attempted murder; 2 Not Guilty of attempted; 6 hung re attempted #33

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree wholeheartedly.

Something needs to be done to safeguard the most vulnerable people in our society.

I know the reasons why they can't put those safeguards into place are probably to do with lack of funding/staff.

But I'm sure there must be some way of protecting those people who can't defend themselves. Maybe we could have an army of volunteers that could sit there watching what's going on. Sounds crazy? If it saves a life, count me in!
I agree - and it's good that we are all civic-minded people.
Thankfully we also have to remember that these medical/serial murderers are statistically very rare. ( we seem to have an occurrence of one every 5 years over the last 30-40 years. I appreciate that stat is no consolation to any victim)

Like all of you, my heart breaks for those children and their families & even on WS for those of you who followed every month of this trial, hearing those graphic accounts takes its toll. It's hard to un-read something, to un-know something despicable inflicted on the most vulnerable. I've only managed a few weeks of catch-up trial testimony and it was like staring into an abyss of cruelty.

Having said all that, we have to look forward and consider perhaps the most common challenges.
I've never worked in a health or care sector, I can't imagine the levels of stress of most of those working on the front line and those in care who are paid a pittance. To now read about all the retaliation and pressure aimed at staff who speak out, it's mind-blowing to me

Last edited:
On a lighter note as this case is going to get very ugly going forward, I’m surprised the DM waited as long as they did ( 1 day ) from sentence to interview the new owner of Letbys grim abode, tell us his job, how much it cost and how he was at pains to confirm “ but obviously I've got nothing to do with the previous owner “
Poor lad is probably heartily sick of ghouls driving past and reporters door stepping him.

funny she also worked at another hospital in livverpool and nothing happend so what was it about te chester hospital that set her off

funny she also worked at another hospital in livverpool and nothing happend so what was it about te chester hospital that set her off
They have expanded Operation Hummingbird to investigate the entirety of Letby's career, including her student placements, at ALL hospitals she worked at in any capacity, so obviously, they think it entirely likely something DID happen at Liverpool Women's. The scope has expanded to investigate the care of over four thousand infants. If they find sufficient evidence, we may well have another trial to follow in the future focussed on cases that were not covered in this one.

MOO

Just looking back at old stuff, from Letby's testimony, here:

The total number of Facebook searches in October 2015 is 173.
One of the days, November 5, 2015, there are nine searches in nine minutes. Most are social and two are the names of mothers of children from Liverpool Women's Hospital neonatal unit.

Didn't they say they were looking into two potential victims at LWH? I can't remember if I saw this written in an article somewhere, or if I'm misremembering. Does anyone else recall if it was stated that there were two LWH victims under investigation? Or just that they were looking into babies treated during her placements there?

MOO
Besides her spying on her victims and the family's FB pages why does somebody need to average 200 social searches on FB every month?
I used to have a FB account in the early days and then came off after all the C Analytica scandal so am not familiar with how a 25+ year old would use it now.
Why do all the searches if your friends and family's posts are already in your timeline or alternatively, you're not actively on the dating scene & curious about guys and want to check out their pages etc?

Is it usual?

Besides her spying on her victims and the family's FB pages why does somebody need to average 200 social searches on FB every month?
I used to have a FB account in the early days and then came off after all the C Analytica scandal so am not familiar with how a 25+ year old would use it now.
Why do all the searches if your friends and family's posts are already in your timeline or alternatively, you're not actively on the dating scene & curious about guys and want to check out their pages etc?

Is it usual?
I have no idea, but I do wonder just how many searches were for the families of children not covered in this trial. I have a horrible feeling that, like most serial offenders, the ones we know about are just a scant fraction of the reality. But at least a hospital has records. Your typical male sexual serial offender targeting women on the margins of society has an advantage in that regard. Here, all the babies Letby ever came into contact with in a clinical setting will be known. There will be records. There will be no question of where they have to look, or begin looking, for potential victims.

MOO

I have no idea, but I do wonder just how many searches were for the families of children not covered in this trial. I have a horrible feeling that, like most serial offenders, the ones we know about are just a scant fraction of the reality. But at least a hospital has records. Your typical male sexual serial offender targeting women on the margins of society has an advantage in that regard. Here, all the babies Letby ever came into contact with in a clinical setting will be known. There will be records. There will be no question of where they have to look, or begin looking, for potential victims.

MOO

I watched Cheshire Police's youtube on Op Hummingbird.
Listening to their data analyst explain her role I tend to think she would have spotted patterns in any obvious voyeurism on FB, such as mainly looking at families with young kids or babies or names she's collected from hospitals in L'pool.

Maybe they really were social searches and she just enjoyed having a nosey at old University friends' profiles.

Or she enjoyed it because, as a psychopath who's stone cold under that facade, behind the posed photos and phoney prank photos she liked to look at' normal' people's lives and emotions? I'm probably over-thinking this but there's something very furtive, secretive about her and that's probably making me suspicious of everything

Yes, it was reported that police are investigating two deaths at the Royal Liverpool, which occurred while she was on placement there. There is nothing to indicate that these are suspicious, as of yet.

Did Lucy Letby strike at another hospital? Two babies died during her training placement at second NHS unit as police say she could be charged with more crimes
Thank you, you're a star! I was sure I'd read something about two they were looking at from her time at Liverpool, but I'm very tired and couldn't find it. Good to see I didn't just imagine it!

MOO

Oh, bless! I got an email back from the website folks on the judiciary site.

Good afternoon [iamshadow21],

Thank you for your email. Unfortunately there was an error in the publication of the sentencing remarks in regards to the redaction process.

This was amended yesterday very quickly and the correct version is now on the website.

Kind regards,

[employee]

I honestly didn't know if I'd sent it to the right place, and wasn't expecting a reply. They fixed it so quickly. But lovely that they took the time to get back to me.

No cables dangling from ours - they're only attached to a battery pack that takes AAs that is Blutacked to our bedside dresser.

I know I'm a clutterbug - don't ask me how many books I own, I literally don't know, but I would guess at least three thousand - but to me, Letby's house looks grim. It looks almost unlived in, like she's just moved in. Everything seems to be 'rental property white', and her decor looks like she walked into a boring midline decor shop and said 'I'll have one of those'. Like she picked things that 'looked normal'. Maybe I'm reading too much into it. The only personal touches seem to be the teddies, which she probably had from childhood and came with her.

And I'm not going into the creepiness of having a house with whole rooms that had basically nothing in them but a shredder and some random items, but the place she stores most of the handover sheets is in tote bags under her bed.

Well, maybe I'll go into it a little.

Since the nature of her hunting grounds meant she didn't get to keep her kills, she couldn't bury them under her floor like Gacy or John Reginald Christie.

She did have a nice view out her window, though. Nice for her, that is.

MOO
Terrific post. I wonder why her house location had not been given more coverage?

Yes, it seems the video is indeed from her first arrest on 3 July 2018, and my post was in error.

I actually saw that video at the end of the timeline and never equated that video to depict LL's own home at 6 AM.

If police showed up at my home at 6 AM in July, not at all what they'd find! I doubt I'd be answering the door on the first knock fully dressed! JMO

she was in sweats wasn't she?
I wear them to bed all the time

Reactions: IDK
For those of you who wonder why the doctors didn’t go to the police, this article is what happens to staff who whistleblow on an NHS Trust. Imagine you’d spent decades building up your career, have young kids and a big mortgage, would you really risk never working as a doctor again on a suspicion? They were also told that 2 external reviews found zero evidence of foul play and were not allowed to see the results. This meant any tangible evidence was being withheld.
There’s also the fact that if they went to the police, the Trust would inform the police that 2 external reviews had found nothing, the consultants had apologised to her once already and they were being referred to the GMC for bullying this poor nurse. It was retribution for her whistleblowing against them for leaving a patient out of the cot who had subsequently died amid other failures she’d pointed out. They could have ended up with a police investigation against them for harassment!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GuardianAngelTaskForce